Hird embroiled in drugs scandal..more on the Bombers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coaches fall under the AFL anti doping code.

Coaches do indeed fall under the AFL anti-doping code (section 3), but this sub-section is relevant;
3.2 Any Player, Club, Officer, Official or other Person to whom this Code applies who commits an Anti Doping Rule Violation or otherwise breaches the provisions of this Code is liable to the sanctions provided by the Code

particularly in relation to section 11 'ANTI DOPING RULE VIOLATIONS' (the 'prohibition' section);

11.2 Use or Attempted Use by a Player of a Prohibited Substance or a Prohibited Method
11.6 Possession of Prohibited Substances or Prohibited Methods
11.8 Administration or Attempted administration to any Player In-Competition of any
Prohibited Method or Prohibited Substance, or administration or Attempted
administration to any Player Out-of-Competition of any Prohibited Method or any
Prohibited Substance that is prohibited Out-of-Competition

You will note that the code differentiates between 'use' (by a player) and 'possession/administration' (by all
those covered by the code).

AFL/ASADA/WADA regulations regarding coaches/support personnel relate to the possession/administration of substances banned for athletes/players, not the personal use of those substances by the coaches/support personnel.

http://www.aflcommunityclub.com.au/fileadmin/user_upload/Play_AFL/AFLAnti-DopingCode2010ASADA.pdf

It's not a WADA anti-doping offence (all that matters). You're delusional if you think the AFL will crush Hird for using shit like Melanotan in his spare time.

And that's if the allegations are even true.

You're delusional if you think the AFL are happy with this sorry mess that's entirely of the Essendon Football Club's making.

I'm sure Vlad is really, really happy.

Essendon are screwed, it's just a matter of finding out just how screwed they are.

It's just a couple of hotheads understandably letting off a bit of steam. I'm not exactly doing cartwheels over the way she has portrayed my club in her articles either.
Yeah. And Pies fans were angry at him kicking a goal, so understandably racially abused Chris Yarran.
Pathetic. :thumbsdown:
Stay classy, Dons. Long way to go.

Yeah. And Pies fans were angry at him kicking a goal, so understandably racially abused Chris Yarran.
Pathetic. :thumbsdown:
Stay classy, Dons. Long way to go.
Someone kicks a goal........ someone writes 6 articles and demands your coach to be sacked without procedure or conviction.

Dumb or troll?

You're delusional if you think the AFL are happy with this sorry mess that's entirely of the Essendon Football Club's making.

I'm sure Vlad is really, really happy.

Essendon are screwed, it's just a matter of finding out just how screwed they are.

This situation is entirely the making of the media.
We've (allegedly) taken supplements that are legal according to ASADA (the governing body that enforces and regulates anti-doping in Australian sport i.e AFL) Hird has allegedly taken supplements that are not banned for coaches, nor are they illegal.
From the above information provided what exactly has prompted you (aside from bitterness and blind hope) to conclude that we are "screwed".

We've (allegedly) taken supplements that are legal according to ASADA (the governing body that enforces and regulates anti-doping in Australian sport i.e AFL) Hird has allegedly taken supplements that are not banned for coaches, nor are they illegal.
From the above information provided what exactly has prompted you (aside from bitterness and blind hope) to conclude that we are "screwed".
Media sheep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dank says players were never given anything outside of regulations and that he's suing media outlets for making such claims. BF say Dank is a liar and a criminal. Dank does backflip and speaks to a major media outlet claiming Hird was injected with (legal) drugs. BF treat Dank as a beacon of honesty and take his word as gospel.

Hird isn't going anywhere, and we won't have a single player suspended for any amount of time. :thumbsu:

No Dank claims he never gave the players BANNED substances. In Dank's mind a BANNED substance is one SPECIFICALLY NAMES on the WADA banned substance list. This is a view echoed among the Essendon hierarchy. Dank also says he did give BANNED substances to various coaches. Now Dank comes out again, naming which substances he administered to the players and STILL says that he didn't give the players anything that was BANNED.

His view has not changed, he has clarified what was administered. From The Age article it also appears that Essendon won't be denying that AOD9064 was administered to the players, instead focusing on if the substance was banned at the time of administration.

I have always said that Dank has used questionable tactics through his supplement regimes. His comments about the use of colustrum below gives you an idea about what his mentality towards his supplement programs was. Basically if they don't SPECIFICALLY SAY that you can't use something then it must be fine to use, and if there is SOME evidence that it may work then why not do it. God knows how much untested crap the players had running through their veins under Dank, and the possible side-effects of what his program entailed. But the simple fact is Dank hasn't changed his story, but can Hird and the efc honestly say they can be shocked about his program after the presentations regarding the products they would be using (Hird and Evans went to a presentation regarding AOD9064 and there was, supposedly, a presentation for the players on the other supplements used) when Hird himself, supposedly, took part in the program too.

Asked about the use of bovine colustrum in players, which is produced by a cow immediately after giving birth, Dank said that it was high in various proteins.

"There is some very, very good data supporting it. There is some data not so supportive to be honest." He said "if I have to wait for an absolute blueprint piece of scientific literature" he would end up using nothing on players.

Can someone explain why would Mr. Hird would want to even have something like this injected into him? I could understand if had a illness or something like that, but why would a healthy man want to be injected with some shitty drug?

And can someone explain what this drug is meant to do to the system? Does it help with something?

Essendon has painted Dank as a rogue operator; Dank says he was part of the inner circle and that Hird was fully briefed on the substances. Presumably Dank has emails/texts to support his claims, given Fairfax has backed his version and says ASADA backs it also.

The net is closing.

Essendon have brought the game into disrepute like no one before them. The AFL will have to impose massive penaties regardless of what ASADA comes up with. So its OK to have banned substances at the club cos they were for the coaches :rolleyes:. Its at best poor practice, and worst its bullshit.

And for those wanting to blame Caroline Wilson, just remember that as much as most of us destest her, her form of late has been very good, with a lot of breaking stories that have proven to be true over the course of time.

Wow.

No Dank claims he never gave the players BANNED substances. In Dank's mind a BANNED substance is one SPECIFICALLY NAMES on the WADA banned substance list. This is a view echoed among the Essendon hierarchy. Dank also says he did give BANNED substances to various coaches. Now Dank comes out again, naming which substances he administered to the players and STILL says that he didn't give the players anything that was BANNED.

His view has not changed, he has clarified what was administered. From The Age article it also appears that Essendon won't be denying that AOD9064 was administered to the players, instead focusing on if the substance was banned at the time of administration.

I have always said that Dank has used questionable tactics through his supplement regimes. His comments about the use of colustrum below gives you an idea about what his mentality towards his supplement programs was. Basically if they don't SPECIFICALLY SAY that you can't use something then it must be fine to use, and if there is SOME evidence that it may work then why not do it. God knows how much untested crap the players had running through their veins under Dank, and the possible side-effects of what his program entailed. But the simple fact is Dank hasn't changed his story, but can Hird and the efc honestly say they can be shocked about his program after the presentations regarding the products they would be using (Hird and Evans went to a presentation regarding AOD9064 and there was, supposedly, a presentation for the players on the other supplements used) when Hird himself, supposedly, took part in the program too.

Dank said he gave substances to coaches that are banned for players. Hex was banned in 2004 by WADA but is not banned for officials not in competition and melatonen isn't banned. The AOD 9064 is the real story here and the fact the media isn't running with it it great news for Essendon because they obviously don't believe there's a story there. ASADA had told Essendon the use of AOD was fine, WADA now says it should be banned. While ASADA claim they don't give the ok specifically, if they've indicated the use is within regulation and Essendon have gone ahead and used it the legal battle is likely to be a long one.

Someone kicks a goal........ someone writes 6 articles and demands your coach to be sacked without procedure or conviction.

Dumb or troll?
So it's fine to advocate violence against a woman, who is incidentally just doing her job? Very well, it seems.
If her opinion (which is, you know, kind of a right in this country) is not respected by you, why do you even care?
And to say that she should be physically harmed?
Australia says No.
Pure, unmitigated filth. :thumbsdown:

Dank said he gave substances to coaches that are banned for players. Hex was banned in 2004 by WADA but is not banned for officials not in competition and melatonen isn't banned. The AOD 9064 is the real story here and the fact the media isn't running with it it great news for Essendon because they obviously don't believe there's a story there. ASADA had told Essendon the use of AOD was fine, WADA now says it should be banned. While ASADA claim they don't give the ok specifically, if they've indicated the use is within regulation and Essendon have gone ahead and used it the legal battle is likely to be a long one.

I love how EFC fans ask for facts and then present statements like the above as fact :confused:

Your delusional mate.

It was Essendon that called the Press conference originally to explain why they needed AFL , ASADA help for a substance issue and have an external inquiry for internal governance issues. 2 days later The Fed government called the grand standing conference. The media is doing there job no matter how distasteful for you it seems. I promise you Caro is not my Christmas card list either based on her stories on my club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back