Hird to have his say

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
... That they were cheating taking a banned substances!

This fact seems to get lost in the opinions of many. Why can't we just stick to the truth .. in accordance to the WADA code, the players failed to do what was required of them, and therefore cheated the system. All this other mumbo jumbo is irrelevant.

No I haven't used it. I am asking why you are spruiking it here. Just strikes me as odd someone saying on here go see your doctor and get on this stuff.

If you cared to look it was in response to say you can get the same gains without drugs which is crap. I was saying some countries have drugs that are legal as they are not seen as harmful but we have a different view in Australia like DHEA

It seems weird that people accept Carlisle snorting drugs that are harmful but taking DHEA would be seen as taboo yet thousands of people around the world take it quite legally to stay fit and healthy

If you cared to look it was in response to say you can get the same gains without drugs which is crap. I was saying some countries have drugs that are legal as they are not seen as harmful but we have a different view in Australia like DHEA

It seems weird that people accept Carlisle snorting drugs that are harmful but taking DHEA would be seen as taboo yet thousands of people around the world take it quite legally to stay fit and healthy

This is debatable, not fact. I am just asking again why you are spruiking DHEA, and in every post in response you don't answer the question but spruik DHEA again......

This is debatable, not fact. I am just asking again why you are spruiking DHEA, and in every post in response you don't answer the question but spruik DHEA again......

The poster said drugs could get you the gains without drugs which is true but you can get better gains with them, having tried roids, HGH and DHEA I gave my preference on the three. Steroids are by far the best for results but side affects are crap, HGH wasn't bad but I am getting great results with DHEA and being legal in the USA suggests it's not that bad for you. Probably alcohol has more consequences and as we know smoking definetly does yet they are legal

The poster said drugs could get you the gains without drugs which is true but you can get better gains with them, having tried roids, HGH and DHEA I gave my preference on the three. Steroids are by far the best for results but side affects are crap, HGH wasn't bad but I am getting great results with DHEA and being legal in the USA suggests it's not that bad for you. Probably alcohol has more consequences and as we know smoking definetly does yet they are legal
So, should we start the kids on DHEA at 14 or wait until they're 18 to dope them?

As a doctor of 30 years, I am horrified with what you are saying. A doctor should look at both short term and long term issues with drugs. You obviously live for the now. Nobody knows what the long term sequelae of taking DHEA are for certain, especially when there is no disease causing deficiency. Many cancers are hormone sensitive. And I can tell you that in medicine as well as life in general, you never get something for nothing. You'll pay a price somewhere along the line.

As a doctor of 30 years, I am horrified with what you are saying. A doctor should look at both short term and long term issues with drugs. You obviously live for the now. Nobody knows what the long term sequelae of taking DHEA are for certain, especially when there is no disease causing deficiency. Many cancers are hormone sensitive. And I can tell you that in medicine as well as life in general, you never get something for nothing. You'll pay a price somewhere along the line.

Doctors perscribe all sorts and you know it, if you want something you only need to go to a different one until you find one to perscribe, but it's safer than the alternative of black market supplements at least you have a chemist make the pure thing. I know guys that have got DHEA and HGH from people who bring it in from china, tell me what I am wiser doing. I think the doc prescribing from the local compound chemist is a better choice.

So, should we start the kids on DHEA at 14 or wait until they're 18 to dope them?

No but as an adult I don't see a huge risk I would consider taking Ice a greater risk but that's me, some say alcohol and smoking are a far greater risk, then you have people that just eat so poorly that they develop diabetes and become obese get high blood pressure have heart attacks. What is the worse evil at least when I'm taking DHEA I don't do the other vices

No but as an adult I don't see a huge risk I would consider taking Ice a greater risk but that's me, some say alcohol and smoking are a far greater risk, then you have people that just eat so poorly that they develop diabetes and become obese get high blood pressure have heart attacks. What is the worse evil at least when I'm taking DHEA I don't do the other vices
False dichotomy mate. Doesn't make an argument for legalised doping in the AFL.

Doctors perscribe all sorts and you know it
I did say that they should look at the long term effects. I didn't say they all do. Unfortunately the doctors that do prescribe these drugs for non therapeutic use are guys that, if investigated, would be struck off the register. They only do it for the money. Most of my colleagues would frown upon them. I'm not a GP. Just because they prescribe them doesn't mean they are safe but at least they are likely to be clean drugs the are not cut with other compounds. Doesn't make it correct.

No but as an adult I don't see a huge risk
And what qualifications do you have regarding the ability to judge long term and short term effects of any of these drugs? How can you judge risk when you have no formal knowledge of any of these compounds and the many biological effects they can have? Being an adult is not a qualification. I know kids with far greater knowledge about many things medical than many adults I know too.

False dichotomy mate. Doesn't make an argument for legalised doping in the AFL.

No but it's interesting that so many things in life can cause more issues than say performance enhancing drugs and yet they are frowned upon more than say rec drugs which seriously come with greater problems in society, then simple things like alcohol, smokes and even today's foods can be worse for your health.

So are drugs banned because of the health set backs or because of the unknown

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And what qualifications do you have regarding the ability to judge long term and short term effects of any of these drugs? How can you judge risk when you have no formal knowledge of any of these compounds and the many biological effects they can have? Being an adult is not a qualification. I know kids with far greater knowledge about many things medical than many adults I know too.

Are they worse for me than smokes or alcohol, or binging on high fat foods and not excersizing

No but it's interesting that so many things in life can cause more issues than say performance enhancing drugs and yet they are frowned upon more than say rec drugs which seriously come with greater problems in society, then simple things like alcohol, smokes and even today's foods can be worse for your health.

But we're not having a philosophical conversation about the place of PED's in society... we're having a conversation about the place PED's have in the AFL... And, they have no place.

But we're not having a philosophical conversation about the place of PED's in society... we're having a conversation about the place PED's have in the AFL... And, they have no place.

Why though? No different from a guy eating red meat giving him an advantage to one that is a vegetarian because of his beliefs. These drugs aren't illegal if prescribed for a reason.

Why though? No different from a guy eating red meat giving him an advantage to one that is a vegetarian because of his beliefs. These drugs aren't illegal if prescribed for a reason.
Completely different. Vegetarianism is an alternative lifestyle. If you choose to be vegetarian, you run the risk of not performing to your best physical ability and perhaps being dropped from the team. The same should never be a situation a person who doesn't want to dope finds himself in.

If you make it a free-for-all, everyone is under pressure to take PED's to keep up. That is never going to be okay.

Alcohol and cigarettes are drugs too. Just legal ones. They both have bad effects on health and society. We draw a line there in our society. In some others around the world they are also banned.
We ban PEDs in sport because we want to protect our sportsmen from becoming human guinea pigs. We don't want to see the athletes with the best chemists winning. We don't want to see athletes who compete fairly beaten by others using an unfair advantage. I think that most here would want to watch clean athletes too.
As for todays foods, none are harmful when eaten in moderation. One big mac a month isn't going to kill you. We are educating our society to understand that. Just because many don't heed the advice doesn't mean we need to ban fast foods. However, you are not going to get any effects from steroids or DHEA having one dose per month. You need to take them consistently and thus you expose yourself to the dangers of the drug.

Are they worse for me than smokes or alcohol, or binging on high fat foods and not excersizing
They are probably more dangerous in some ways, especially anabolic steroids and HGH. Also, as I've stated, alcohol and cigarettes are here to stay. Prohibition does not work so we just live with these drugs around us. Adding more and more drugs doesn't help the situation at all. Neither does justifying them by claiming they are safer than other bad drugs.

You know how many East Germans have died of a heart attack or at the worst have heart problems? You have absolutely no idea whatsoever the effect of drugs.

Please don't spin, rationalise and generally talk absolute s**t.

You know how many East Germans have died of a heart attack or at the worst have heart problems? You have absolutely no idea whatsoever the effect of drugs.

Please don't spin, rationalise and generally talk absolute s**t.

No I don't, but I could research it, have you or are you just spinning?

Completely different. Vegetarianism is an alternative lifestyle. If you choose to be vegetarian, you run the risk of not performing to your best physical ability and perhaps being dropped from the team. The same should never be a situation a person who doesn't want to dope finds himself in.

If you make it a free-for-all, everyone is under pressure to take PED's to keep up. That is never going to be okay.

Some say red meat causes cancer, as we don't know what causes some cancers they could be right. And it's not a lifestyle some don't eat meat because of their beliefs on not killing animals that isn't a lifestyle choice so e believe it causes cancer and they could be right !

Alcohol and cigarettes are drugs too. Just legal ones. They both have bad effects on health and society. We draw a line there in our society. In some others around the world they are also banned.
We ban PEDs in sport because we want to protect our sportsmen from becoming human guinea pigs. We don't want to see the athletes with the best chemists winning. We don't want to see athletes who compete fairly beaten by others using an unfair advantage. I think that most here would want to watch clean athletes too.
As for todays foods, none are harmful when eaten in moderation. One big mac a month isn't going to kill you. We are educating our society to understand that. Just because many don't heed the advice doesn't mean we need to ban fast foods. However, you are not going to get any effects from steroids or DHEA having one dose per month. You need to take them consistently and thus you expose yourself to the dangers of the drug.

I do listen to the doctors on the doses and how long to take them for, sure I have friends who get them from the black market and think the more they take the better they will work. Liver problems is the most common but your liver doesn't like drugs of any kind whether it be alcohol or rec drugs either.

As I said I would rather go the medical professional path as I have never had issues with taking them but stick to their programme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back