Hogan appearance (VIC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? I do not think so.

Why do people want to see some old dude ramble and carry on whilst looking ever bit of the age 4245?

In the end, people tend to go, 'Oh that is Hulk Hogan, I thought he would be dead by now'. Does that translate into money? No It translates into a few people wondering why he is not dead by now and wondering why he only has that posing rambling s**t to fall back on once 4245. Odd.
vince almost got put out of business by his old stars (and others, but that's not how WWE remembers it), yes to a rational person that's not likely to happen now but not sure he's exactly rational

vince almost got put out of business by his old stars (and others, but that's not how WWE remembers it), yes to a rational person that's not likely to happen now but not sure he's exactly rational

So we agree?

I see Hogan, I do not want to either spend my time watching him and am not even close to spending a quid on whatever crap he is rambling about.

A current-day dude, more inclined to do so.

Merch sellers like Bryan, CM Punk and Cena are current. They move/moved stuff because they were current.

By that logic, I should purchase a mega-power top even though I am still unsure which one out of the Macho Man and Hogan are actually dead or alive.

Would love it if Hogan, Flair and especially Piper never showed up again. What the * did Piper ever do to be held in such high regard anyway??...

The Rock can at least still talk but it's not 2011. The novelty is gone.

Would love it if Hogan, Flair and especially Piper never showed up again. What the **** did Piper ever do to be held in such high regard anyway??...

The Rock can at least still talk but it's not 2011. The novelty is gone.

He was with mr t. Oh and hit a dude with a coconut

So we agree?

I see Hogan, I do not want to either spend my time watching him and am not even close to spending a quid on whatever crap he is rambling about.

A current-day dude, more inclined to do so.

Merch sellers like Bryan, CM Punk and Cena are current. They move/moved stuff because they were current.

By that logic, I should purchase a mega-power top even though I am still unsure which one out of the Macho Man and Hogan are actually dead or alive.
well your initial question was why do they keep employing them

still amazed the guy can walk after slamming the 900lb andre the giant in front of 300,000 people in the supersilverdome

and thats after he was dropped on his head by the undertaker in 1974 and invented MMA. and who could forget his stint as bass player for metallica.

truly a god amongst men.

and when he missed the call for the grill which ended up going to George Foreman, and he had to settle for the Thundermixer.

and when he missed the call for the grill which ended up going to George Foreman, and he had to settle for the Thundermixer.

Hulk-Hogan-Pastamania.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the **** did Piper ever do to be held in such high regard anyway??...

Where do I start? Was the major heel in 1985 that helped the WWF take over the wrestling world. While Hogan was the big star, Piper as the protagonist was just as important in terms of building up the heat. Was a massive draw at the gate, not only in the WWF but in the NWA. He was never given a World Title as it was felt he was to unstable a personality but he connected with audiences in a way few wrestlers ever had. While Hogan-Andre was the selling point for WM3, it must also be noted that it was supposedly Piper's retirement match. A large part of the crowd was there to farewell Roddy (which of course was a sham as most wrestling retirements are). He was one of the best promos of the era, portrayed his character to the hilt and made a tonne of money for himself, his opponent and his promoters. He was never a great worker (although the Dog Collar match he had with Greg Valentine at the first Starrcade was easily one of the best matches of the 80s) but there were few better personalities involved in the business.

So while I get you'd rather see a current wrestler, it's still pretty awesome that a bona fide legend of the business like Hulk Hogan will be in our backyard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back