News Home base: Caulfield

Remove this Banner Ad

And you think that the Pies will settle for just one oval at the glasshouse, going into the future.? Or do you think a rich club like that will move to a bigger property circumstance soon enough.?

We need a home where supporters can meet when going in to the games... and leaving after wins such as last night.

Who is going to meetup at Caulfield pre game, and after games. To build a supporter based footy club.

Your right currently its a mess, but its better than being at the old junction oval owned by others.

I believe when the Punt Rd improvements happen, and the Metrail cover has begun, we will be in the box seat where we are, to build on it.

Who gives a s**t about Collingwood. This is about us being nomads for half a century and finally having a permanent home that suits our club.

Got nothing to do with having a social club. Those days are long gone. Richmond supporters don't go to Punt road after a win they go to the Corner hotel.

Trying to redevelop parkland in the city area is a political minefield we simply can't navigate. Moving to a suburban base that's a half hour drive from the city and in the heart of where our supporterbase lives and where players would actually like to live is a good idea. If we can actually pull it off it will be a fantastic achievement for the club.

Tigers ‘threaten to quit’ home ground of 137 years if council won’t back demolition plan​

Richmond has claimed it will abandon its 137-year stint at Punt Road Oval if a City of Melbourne committee does not approve its redevelopment plan.

As reported by Nine, the Tigers’ planned $65 million redevelopment of their long-time base is reliant on approval from the council’s Future Melbourne Committee

Tigers ‘threaten to quit’ home ground of 137 years if council won’t back demolition plan​

Richmond has claimed it will abandon its 137-year stint at Punt Road Oval if a City of Melbourne committee does not approve its redevelopment plan.

As reported by Nine, the Tigers’ planned $65 million redevelopment of their long-time base is reliant on approval from the council’s Future Melbourne Committee

What's your point?

I can't find the Brendon Gale quotes; i thought they would be in that article, but he says that the Punt Rd Oval is a great thing for "before and after games" for the Tiger Army to attend.. the social side of things.
Sending me an article that may or may not contain a throwaway line Brendan Gale said at some point is not the slam dunk you think it is.

Even in a hypothetical world where we put a social club in the club's offices at AAMI park, you would see more Dees supporters having a beer at one of the MCC bars after a win than you would get at your VFL function room pipe dream.

Regardless, the point is moot. We will never have a training base within the MCG precinct or its surrounds. That ship sailed decades ago.

Sending me an article that may or may not contain a throwaway line Brendan Gale said at some point is not the slam dunk you think it is.

Even in a hypothetical world where we put a social club in the club's offices at AAMI park, you would see more Dees supporters having a beer at one of the MCC bars after a win than you would get at your VFL function room pipe dream.

Regardless, the point is moot. We will never have a training base within the MCG precinct or its surrounds. That ship sailed decades ago.
I don't agree. You say teams need more than one oval, for up to the minute training centres. So, the Pies should move as well, or the Tiges could move, if unsuccessful in they're bid to demolish the grand stand.

Jumping of an assumed sinking ship does not mean that ship sinks. Other ovals/avenues can open up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back