News Home base: Caulfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely we can get Diamond Joe to buy a whole block in Caulfield somewhere and build a world class facility. Just need to give him the presidency. Small price to pay.

Council would generally be engaged once you’ve got some draft plans for submission. Council approves the final scheme via its town planning department - but they would need to clearly set out where a scheme has not met certain guidelines or criteria before rejecting anything.

Talking to the council is probably step one of the feasibility study. If the announcement was for an actual physical development, then it would be embarrassing for the club.

Council is coming off as sooks in my mind.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree, even though the club was selling it as a big movement for a home base it's very early in the planning stage. Will be plenty of chances to discuss actual plans with the council.

Fail Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts

I oft thought the middle of a racecourse would be perfect base for a afl club , Moonee valley or caulfield . It’s an excellent idea and will aid in funding for the racecourse . I think the state gov will support it happening despite protestations from selfish council , caulfield I’m certain would be popular for players given where most choose to live , I hope this comes to fruition

I oft thought the middle of a racecourse would be perfect base for a afl club , Moonee valley or caulfield . It’s an excellent idea and will aid in funding for the racecourse . I think the state gov will support it happening despite protestations from selfish council , caulfield I’m certain would be popular for players given where most choose to live , I hope this comes to fruition

Listen to Pert speak about it at the AGM it sounds like the middle of a racecourse would only be for the ovals. They arent letting anyone build any buildings in there as it would obstruct the view of racing.

Listen to Pert speak about it at the AGM it sounds like the middle of a racecourse would only be for the ovals. They arent letting anyone build any buildings in there as it would obstruct the view of racing.
So we'd have to build our actual facilities a minimum ten minute walk through a tunnel from the ovals. That's not great.

Have there been any actual plans drafted for how this would work? We were more than happy to produce that when we had the grand idea of building our facilities on top of a trainline.

So we'd have to build our actual facilities a minimum ten minute walk through a tunnel from the ovals. That's not great.

Have there been any actual plans drafted for how this would work? We were more than happy to produce that when we had the grand idea of building our facilities on top of a trainline.
I wasn't listening to every word but I did hear that part about how they wont let us put a building in the middle. @ 4:40

I wasn't listening to every word but I did hear that part about how they wont let us put a building in the middle. @ 4:40

Did you expect one? If you listen to his comments he says every area everywhere was investigate. My words now This is the last hope. If this fails start thinking Casey as our main base. IMO it is as simple as that. I really don't care where it is, just get a good facility from the players and staff in the one location.

Did you expect one? If you listen to his comments he says every area everywhere was investigate. My words now This is the last hope. If this fails start thinking Casey as our main base. IMO it is as simple as that. I really don't care where it is, just get a good facility from the players and staff in the one location.

I really dont care, no difference to my life, the guy I quoted a few posts above said about building in the middle of the track and I heard Pert say its not possible. Thats the only reason I posted the vid.

I really dont care, no difference to my life, the guy I quoted a few posts above said about building in the middle of the track and I heard Pert say its not possible. Thats the only reason I posted the vid.
Sorry I was not having a go at you. It just seems silly that anyone would think anything would be done to interrupt the view of horse racing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry I was not having a go at you. It just seems silly that anyone would think anything would be done to interrupt the view of horse racing.

There was no offence to your post taken on my end. All good.

The facilities would be built in the southeast corner of the complex. It would be a 2min walk to the main oval, not 10.

We know this because of the plans the CRRT first unveiled 3-4 years ago, well before MFC got involved, which indicates what space they're willing to transform and where they want to put new tunnels.

1593223400523.jpg

1593223400523_2.jpg

The area identified as potentially locating our facility is currently just a horse stable which the MRC leases to horse trainers (currently John Sadler).

Any walk to an oven would be barely a minute (as Teen Wolf said). Barely any different to any other AFL facility.

I live close by so I really hope we can get this up and running.

You would think inorder for the gov to shell out the dough you'd have to make it a multi purpose facility that incorporates AFLW and a indigenous centre. Thats how things work thesedays in Australia isnt it.?
They wont just do it for the blokes.

You would think inorder for the gov to shell out the dough you'd have to make it a multi purpose facility that incorporates AFLW and a indigenous centre. Thats how things work thesedays in Australia isnt it.?
Why can't the AFLW be included in the development? I thought that would be a given as it's a whole club thing yeah?

You could probably just ask why footy clubs should be getting taxpayer money to build their facilities at all at that point.

Why can't the AFLW be included in the development? I thought that would be a given as it's a whole club thing yeah?
Yeah it’s going to be AFL and AFLW. Pert mentioned that’s one of the reasons you build 2 ovals there. Clubs like Richmond and Collingwood are apparently looking for a second oval given there’s 3 teams training on the current facilities.

Surely we can get Diamond Joe to buy a whole block in Caulfield somewhere and build a world class facility. Just need to give him the presidency. Small price to pay.
Ask Diamond J to declare War on the VRC. Victoria racing club.
Then simply march in and take the whole place; and settle the joint with Demons.

Kick the punters out on they're behinds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back