Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 4, 2010
South-West Victoria
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melb, Eintracht Frankfurt.
What home ground advantage?

We've lost it this year, 3 out of the 4 games we've played at the SCG, we've lost. And we weren't that brilliant either against Port Adelaide in the 1st half, if we had played a better opposition than the Power, we would have lost that game.

What has happened to our home ground advantage this year?

I know we've had a tough draw there, but we would only lose 1 to 2 games at the SCG a year, not 3.

In terms of advantage, it ain't if the team isn't up to the benchmark, clearly the Swans aren't and sit about where they are, beating lower ranked sides, but losing badly to the best, also in terms of the fixture, why do we play the Blues again in 4 weeks before others we are yet to play? That is a joke by itself

What's worse is that the fans are turning out on a regular basis and in numbers to watch that kind of tripe. Its fantastic that we have enough true supporters to get over 30K at the SCG (awesome result), but how many non-regulars will want to come to the Collingwood game to watch a possible mauling?

Agreed, I felt like I was surrounded by newcomers to the game. The bloke next to me was asking why a high fend off was illegal, I overheard a bloke teaching his kids the scoring system behind me, and a couple of women next to me were asking about the holding the ball decision.

Will these sorts of people want to turn up again to the same sort of tripe?

Really dissapointing.

Read an article in the SMH before the game about Roos' theory that winning ugly is winning, and people will turn up to watch. My problem is, if we lose by 40, I'd rather us play pretty and lose by 50 than play ugly and lose by 40. that was why I had a major problem with subbing Jetta.

The club is clearly heading backwards. We haven't been impressive at all this season, we've had to come from behind a few times to get the 4 points and time and time again it's the same players carrying the team to victory.

I thought the win over the dogs a few backs was a really good positive but seeing the dogs get absolutely hammered by the eagles tonight suggests it was really nothing to get excited about.

Tough times ahead.

Yeah get the same feeling, very frustrating. You watch teams like Richmond, Carlton, Essendon and West Coast with exciting, young players, and not only are they playing attractive footy, they're winning games. Gone are the days where you can sneer at Carlton, or Richmond, and say 'Well they play a fast paced game plan, but they get thrashed by teams like us', because they're turning around and beating us, and that hurts, because when someone like Roos says 'Yeah we play ugly, but we win' we're not winning, or if we are, we're not winning convincingly.

Record at ANZ = 100%
Record at SCG = 25%

Go West! Life is peaceful there.

No, but seriously, 3 of the 4 teams we've played Geelong (1st), Hawthorn (3rd), Carlton (5th) are right up there and it's not the home ground that is causing the Swans to lose those games, it's just that we're not good enough. The next home game against Richmond isn't the 'gimme' that it seemed like at the beginning of the year either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back