Hot Sauces

Remove this Banner Ad

Sriracha Hot Sauce is the best ever:

0002446306109_500X500.jpg

I'm having difficulty finding this brand.

Used to be at most Asian supermarkets. Haven't had it recently but it's a good sauce although not with a lot of real heat.
Does go with just about anything though. A good everyday sauce.

I've never got my hands onto the serious stuff in the Blairs range. Has anyone ventured that far?

Used to be at most Asian supermarkets. Haven't had it recently but it's a good sauce although not with a lot of real heat.
Does go with just about anything though. A good everyday sauce.

I've never got my hands onto the serious stuff in the Blairs range. Has anyone ventured that far?
I've been told to try some Asian supermarkets and the few I've tried haven't had it. It's more out of curiosity because I've heard such good things about it.

I've been told to try some Asian supermarkets and the few I've tried haven't had it. It's more out of curiosity because I've heard such good things about it.

Two Asian grocers in Box Hill sell it, can't give you their names though because I can't read Chinese. One in Station street and one in the Centro across the road.

You can get it at Woolworths and nearly all Asian places. It's a nice sauce with good taste. I think the Blair sauces are no good, I like heat but it needs to have flavour. This guy from Wagga Wagga has a decent range.

http://m.crowleyshotsauce.wix.com/chs#!Our Range|gallery_1
Completely agree that a flavour is needed not just heat.

The Woolworths I have been in and have seen on their website is sriracha chilli sauce but its a different brand. Similar labels but its not the famous USA one.

Completely agree that a flavour is needed not just heat.

The Woolworths I have been in and have seen on their website is sriracha chilli sauce but its a different brand. Similar labels but its not the famous USA one.

The Woolies one is pretty good though if you can't find the original. I've got one of each in the pantry and use them both depending on what I'm using it with.

The Woolies one is pretty good though if you can't find the original. I've got one of each in the pantry and use them both depending on what I'm using it with.
I actually got the one from Woolworths, thought it might actually be better considering it was made in the country the sauce style originated from. And so far I'm enjoying it, is there much of a difference in heat/flavour?

I actually got the one from Woolworths, thought it might actually be better considering it was made in the country the sauce style originated from. And so far I'm enjoying it, is there much of a difference in heat/flavour?

Not really, I find the original a tad hotter but it is a minor variation at best. Love the flavour of both, again they differ a little bit but not much. Sorry, I know that doesn't sound like much help but I really do love both of them.

Not really, I find the original a tad hotter but it is a minor variation at best. Love the flavour of both, again they differ a little bit but not much. Sorry, I know that doesn't sound like much help but I really do love both of them.
Thanks for the info. Honestly appreciated.

Managed to get a bottle of the original one today. Shall try shortly and compare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where from?
Ohhh, I may have to ask the person I was with what the shop was called. I had to go to Dandenong and found a really good Asian grocer that stocked it.

I live in a fairly boring unmulticultural area and thought I could find it easily in Dandenong but it was still difficult.