katana

Club Legend
Jul 12, 2013
Northcote
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
So I just moved to a new place and it has that unfortunate old student house-y odour, its pretty uncomfortable really.

what do I do to either mitigate or ideally remove the odour entirely?

we borrowed one of those supermarket carpet cleaners a few days ago but after from a brief period of pleasant smell, the old odour returned to the house.

help

I was thinking of running a couple of big industrial fans with all the windows/doors open for a few hours but who knows ...

I was thinking of running a couple of big industrial fans with all the windows/doors open for a few hours but who knows ...
Depending upon what these bad smells might be some serious house cleaning might freshen the place up. Musty smells will go away if you clean the room up a bit.

you have to find the source of the odour first, it could be anything and then you can find out how to kill that particular odour.

Maybe get in contact with the landlord if you are renting and ask them to organise somebody to replace the carpet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back