Hume League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I have heard some interesting rumours over the last couple of weeks. Firstly Ken Stevenson to coach Goorambat, he isn't likely to take many players with him, however it is rumoured that a few fringe players from Jindera have committed to following him. One player that was a favourite of Ken's was Mick Galvin, which has been offered good incentive up to $400 per game.

Good luck to a couple of Osborne local lads in the upcoming weeks, Simon Lane and Malcolm Douglas, in their respective competitions. Both have had big pre seasons and have entered themselves in a weightlifting competition in Canberra. Simon in the main comp, and Mal being able to sneak into the Bantamweight class. Good luck to both fellas.

I have heard some interesting rumours over the last couple of weeks. Firstly Ken Stevenson to coach Goorambat, he isn't likely to take many players with him, however it is rumoured that a few fringe players from Jindera have committed to following him. One player that was a favourite of Ken's was Mick Galvin, which has been offered good incentive up to $400 per game.

Good luck to a couple of Osborne local lads in the upcoming weeks, Simon Lane and Malcolm Douglas, in their respective competitions. Both have had big pre seasons and have entered themselves in a weightlifting competition in Canberra. Simon in the main comp, and Mal being able to sneak into the Bantamweight class. Good luck to both fellas.

Highly doubtful. Galvin has signed with Jindera

What's everyone's expectations on the season? Who will be the improvers? Who are the teams to beats?

For me, obviously RW will be the big improvers and I'm backing them for a top 2 spot, but BB will be the team to beat again. The loss of Morey at full forward is a massive one but I think they have picked up some quality to bolster their midfield.

Magpies should be big improvers and could probably make finals.

Haven't heard a lot from the Brookers, how are they shaping up?

Henty to drop off a fair bit.

And NOP, what are the expectations at Jindera this year?

bb and rw the teams to beat. Mm to improve. Holbrook hard to say rumoured to have lost plenty but any side coached by twitty with doswell in it cant be discounted. Seems everyone bar walla have improved significantly. We will know where we stand after the first month with our tough draw. Happy where we are at hoping to land 1 or 2 more before season starts. Looking forward to this year. Most even and open year in memory.

What's everyone's expectations on the season? Who will be the improvers? Who are the teams to beats?

For me, obviously RW will be the big improvers and I'm backing them for a top 2 spot, but BB will be the team to beat again. The loss of Morey at full forward is a massive one but I think they have picked up some quality to bolster their midfield.

Magpies should be big improvers and could probably make finals.

Haven't heard a lot from the Brookers, how are they shaping up?

Henty to drop off a fair bit.

And NOP, what are the expectations at Jindera this year?

Heard today the Brookers have picked up 3 from Turvey Park, unsure of names but one was very high up in their B & F last 2 years. The 3 pick ups are only covering losses at this stage with 3 young blokes leaving and Baker to a club in the TDFL before he heads overseas and a few others departing. So I would say Brookers are square with last year, so even though there is quite a bit of turn over they won't be far away from the action again in my opinion.

Heard

Heard that he's trying to get a car load of players today from his old club.

Would not have thought there would be any coaching vacancy at this time of year so I doubt Stevenson would be coaching anywhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing Nathan McPherson is heading back to Lockhart. they are puting together a handy midfield.

From what i have been reading and hearing the Hume League sounds like being a very competitive comp this year. Great too see some of the lowly clubs getting stuck in and recruiting will make make for some very good games and may well have footy followers going and watching.The O/M may be affected if their clubs don't get more competitive.

Heard today the Brookers have picked up 3 from Turvey Park, unsure of names but one was very high up in their B & F last 2 years. The 3 pick ups are only covering losses at this stage with 3 young blokes leaving and Baker to a club in the TDFL before he heads overseas and a few others departing. So I would say Brookers are square with last year, so even though there is quite a bit of turn over they won't be far away from the action again in my opinion.
Looking forward to watching the Brookers again this year, adding Tom Power to an already tight and arguably best back line in the comp should add to the boys chances of having a crack at this years flag. I can imagine a fair bit of drive to win this year, especially seeing a they got close last year.

They have lost a lot of players Big Al. Thompson, both Breens not travelling back from Melbourne, Winnett, Trav Jones and a couple of others to Kiewa, few fringies to Border Walwa. Baker to Tallangatta are a few I've heard. Wagga Tigers boys not returning too. Always strong locals though, so they will always be competitive. Howlong signed Fraser Stevenson and another ex Wang Maggie about the same age!! Jindera picked up a few under wraps including Charlie Kerr from Albury. Be a super player out there.

What happened to the article in the border mail "no ken do" which stated he couldn't coach due to work commitments. No surprise to me as I had previously heard that he may have been asked to step aside?

What happened to the article in the border mail "no ken do" which stated he couldn't coach due to work commitments. No surprise to me as I had previously heard that he may have been asked to step aside?

We all know Ken coaching in the O & M was a joke. Surprised he lasted a year and even more surprised he got the job in the first place. Raiders have improved off ground 100% with his departure and the replacements in the coaching panel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back