Hume League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

I hear from a family member of Ash Murray that he isn't going to play for Jindera this year, can you comment on this?

Local BB Saint Joe Vile has enticed Melbourne prodigy Richard Doumani to currently train with them. if the saints can secure his signiature, that would be huge. He is over 6 foot, exceptionally well built and surprisingly fast, his fastest time over 100m is 10.95 sec, Although he would probably carry 3 or 4 points. However it could go a long way in securing the prized signatures of Mal Douglas and Ben Shultz.

Well said NOP premiership coaches like Ken Stevenson and Peter Tossol deserve respect, old school in their ways but got results. Todays new age footballers are much harder work. Speaking of respect todays story in the Border that Howlong only had two significant losses in personal is interesting. Thought that might not be the whole truth. Research may be required Jake.

Could not agree more with this.

Also on someone mentioning Brad Horn as recruit to Murray Magpies, is that Brad Horn who played at North Albury a few years back?? He will be a very good recruit if thats him, he has been in Melbourne or QLD I think?? Magpies shaping up well.

Lockart also looking good, that bloke Nathan McPherson can play, surprised he is only 32 as quoted in the Border, seems like he has been playing very, very good footy for ages so thought he was a little older.

You'd be right. We're fairly sure Ash wont be playing that could change before season starts however we believe we have more than covered for him if he decides not to play

Howlongs losses are around 10+ players that are quality, definitely disrespectful.

Murray Magpies look to be the biggest improver?

Well said NOP premiership coaches like Ken Stevenson and Peter Tossol deserve respect, old school in their ways but got results. Todays new age footballers are much harder work. Speaking of respect todays story in the Border that Howlong only had two significant losses in personal is interesting. Thought that might not be the whole truth. Research may be required Jake.
A bit like his report on Howlong signing AZZI MEDALIST Beau Walker

It seems Holbrook may be in for some more pain with more loses with thereporting of 4 players getting courted by Wakool in the Golden Rivers League up Hay way. Andrew Mackinlay, Josh Jones, Hayden Wishart and Will Heriot have 'just about signed' after one of the assistant coaches was asked on radio. As reported, the club will look after these players with accomodation over the weekends, and are targetting more Hume and O and M youngsters that they can get to the area, not only to play but hopefully eventually live and work in surrounding towns. These four may live in Hay with local personality in Mick Howard, who has been in constant contact with both Relton Roberts and Ashley Sampi to play as well.

McDonald will go to the Highest Bidder, no doubt about it.
Word is Magpies is not in the mix its either Howlong or Jindera. Jindera Favorites

Lockhart shaping up nicely. Nathan McPherson to join a good list of ins that includes Jimmy Richards. That Richards is a gun from all reports,.

Lockhart shaping up nicely. Nathan McPherson to join a good list of ins that includes Jimmy Richards. That Richards is a gun from all reports,.

Richards has been a solid player in the farrer league across half back the last 2 years which would be slighty below the hume league. Not in mcpherson territory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any truth NOP that jindera signed a 202 cm ruckman from down Geelong way ? Was talking to a man from Kiewa and he said you blokes pipped them

Not too sure I know he is moving here for uni. Was lead to believe hee was playing in geelong under a former coach of ours. What he's like I dont know. But by the sounds of it he is a big boy.

Any of you guys care to rank the teams from top to bottom in order of gains vs losses of each club the preseason so far. Who has recruited the best this season.
I see the clearances are open and Lockhart and Maggies are straight onto it. I guess we will know in a few weeks where each club stands as I think there is still a bit to play out with recruiting.

BB Saints may be set to lose two young guns in Connor Smith and Dougie Severin. They have been offered a good package to play cricket up in the Northern Territory for Palmerston CC. It would be a great experience for them and after speaking to them recently, they are seriously weighing up the offer.

BB Saints may be set to lose two young guns in Connor Smith and Dougie Severin. They have been offered a good package to play cricket up in the Northern Territory for Palmerston CC. It would be a great experience for them and after speaking to them recently, they are seriously weighing up the offer.

Yeah, yeah Mal

Matt Macdonald strongly linked to jindera. Would be a great addition if true. Jindera trying to find funds to cover him?

..can't assume anything until a clearance is done and they pull on the jumper...
Very wise words, nop. You might want to wait till June 30 clearances deadline, too. And then there's injuries to consider.

Note: my general comment is for entertainment value ONLY- Matt McDonald = fab player/bloke and Jindera = competitive club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back