cormick

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 13, 2007
em dub
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burgers, City
All hypothetically and I'm not suggesting even for a moment that Fev will be in trouble. But, after the revelations he's being investigated for sexual assault/harrassment (or something), I got thinking;

Say, for example, Fev was found guilty of said crime and was jailed. Would the AFL force Carlton to swap their trade, because the crimes were commited before he became a lion and the blues didn't disclose the issue (not that they knew)?

Although it's a very unlikely occurence, it would be interesting to see what the AFL did if it ever happened.

Most likely give Brisbane a compensatory pick rather than reverse the trade. I think Freo got that with Jeff White when Melbourne cheated the cap. Same with us and French - Port got a pick.

AFL doesn't want to ****over two clubs instead of one.

Don't know, but the papers are signed he is Brisbane's problem now. Doubt they would receive any compensation.

Clubs don't get compensation when a traded player succumbs to injuries or depression for example.

But say if the AFL was to deregister Fev for 12 months, and Brisbane can prove that Carlton and the AFL knew of the charges but that Brisbane was kept in the dark ?

the AFL will take care of brisbane. if fev had been picked up by a different victorian club it would be a different story. i have no issue with that double standard. the irony is if fev does get a free pass because of the brisbane factor, it'll be eddiemcguire and collingwood most unhappy.

eddiewood unhappy = carlton happy. funny how these things work.

Don't know, but the papers are signed he is Brisbane's problem now. Doubt they would receive any compensation.

Clubs don't get compensation when a traded player succumbs to injuries or depression for example.
i have no doubt that if we'd pig-rooted sydney or brisbane with the hay trade rather than kangaroos football club, the AFL would have taken action.

But say if the AFL was to deregister Fev for 12 months, and Brisbane can prove that Carlton and the AFL knew of the charges but that Brisbane was kept in the dark ?

That will be a difficult case to make given it was reported in the papers about a week ago. A Jon Ralph article from memory, although it may have been Healy. They just didn't name the other party.

Brisbane knew what they were getting.

If Brisbane didn't know what he did they were derelict in their duty to do their due diligence before they traded for him. You can't pick a player up in a fire sale due to his alleged bad behaviour and then cry foul when you learn the full extent of said bad behaviour. It is your duty to find out exactly what happened and if it is something you can deal with.

If what Fevola did is true and the AFL commission do nothing then both Andrew Demetriou and Adrian Anderson should resign.

If Carlton knew of the allegations and Brisbane were not informed before signing the deal then Brisbane may have a case for legal recourse.

I am a few years out of uni but trying to remember back to Business/Corporate law it would be a possible case of unconscionable conduct?

I am not sure if there is someone here with a better knowledge of all things legal???

If Carlton knew of the allegations and Brisbane were not informed before signing the deal then Brisbane may have a case for legal recourse.

I am a few years out of uni but trying to remember back to Business/Corporate law it would be a possible case of unconscionable conduct?

I am not sure if there is someone here with a better knowledge of all things legal???

Brisbane would have known. Otherwise it is their own bloody fault for not investigating what happened at all. They would have 0 ability to sue I would think. I would think it would not be unconscionable conduct as Carlton didn't hide what happened, Brisbane would have known about it, it was just not in the public arena. I am no lawyer though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back