Portfolio Hyundai B League

Remove this Banner Ad

_Damo_

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yup. I'm back. With a fresh new idea - something RADICAL. A SECOND TEIR TO THE A LEAGUE!!!!

But seriously, the thought process behind this portfolio was to create a new look B League after the news that FA will launch one as early as next year. While the actual league will probably be full of existing clubs, mine is created with development of new markets in mind, so while there is a fair smattering of established clubs, there are also a bunch of new teams.

I'll offer design notes for a few of my favourite designs.

Auckland city.png
Auckland City

Now, I know Whittakers is actually a Wellington brand, but I don't care this looks shmick.

cant.png
Canterbury United.

OH BOY, that away kit. It's inspired by the regions most famous export, Canterburyof New Zealand.

melb heidelberg.png
Heidelberg United.

The away kit is actually based on a line from Rolf Boldrewood's Old Melbourne Memories; "...the silver thread of the river winding through that exquisite green valley..." in regard to the new estate. The colours are added to a classic heritage kit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

qld NQC.png
North Queensland Cassowaries.

Home is obviously based on the titular killer bird of the far north, and the away is based on the old school NQ Fury.

tas u.png
Tasmania United.

The logo comes from a pretty well tapped well. The intertwined T and U has been used by so many designers it's almost over done but i still really like it. The home kit is based on the theme of 'land,' the away, 'water,' paying homage to Tasmania's stunning natural beauty.

Love the APIA kit! Thoughts on the new expansion though? Surely it kills Auckland and Canberra in the NSD?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back