Remove this Banner Ad

nguyen

Senior List
Mar 12, 2003
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
bulldogs
Only 10 minutes, I did not see a lot (cannot really comment on footy aspect anyway), just a few quick observations:

- All of them is in good shape and enthusiastic
- Guido and Hargrave have put in a few killos, cannot categorize them now as skinny boy anynore
- Grant is participating in kicking drills with the boys
- Faulkner is exciting to watch, cannot wait to see him playing
- Leon looks as if he had never left the place.

With Cooney, pick 4 (whoever) and (hopefully) Rawlings still coming, we will have plenty to look for in 2004.

Go Doggies!

Originally posted by nguyen
Only 10 minutes, I did not see a lot (cannot really comment on footy aspect anyway), just a few quick observations:

- All of them is in good shape and enthusiastic
- Guido and Hargrave have put in a few killos, cannot categorize them now as skinny boy anynore
- Grant is participating in kicking drills with the boys
- Faulkner is exciting to watch, cannot wait to see him playing
- Leon looks as if he had never left the place.

With Cooney, pick 4 (whoever) and (hopefully) Rawlings still coming, we will have plenty to look for in 2004.

Go Doggies!

Hey Nguyen, do you live in Footscray? If so, how many Vietnamese supporters do the Bulldogs have around there do you think?

Re: Re: I come to see the boys training today

Originally posted by stmookeyj
Just hope that Harris, Gilbee and McMahon do the same thing as well.

Harris is big, so do not know if he is bigger. But Gilbee and McMahon look like to me the same as at round 22/2003.

Interestingly, Wiggo and Eagle seem lost a big of weight.

About a lot of negative stuff in another thread, believe me, just come to see them train, you will feel a lot better about the club. I cannot wait for a few early wins next year.

Re: Re: I come to see the boys training today

Originally posted by stefoid
Hey Nguyen, do you live in Footscray? If so, how many Vietnamese supporters do the Bulldogs have around there do you think?

I'm used to live there, long time ago I still go there for some shopping and of course for WB training/family day etc.

I believe that there are a large number of bulldogs supporters among the Vietnamese community in Melbourne. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, there is not a lot of them taking the next step to become member. I tried to recruit a few myself but did not have much success.

Re: Re: Re: I come to see the boys training today

Originally posted by nguyen

I believe that there are a large number of bulldogs supporters among the Vietnamese community in Melbourne. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, there is not a lot of them taking the next step to become member. I tried to recruit a few myself but did not have much success.

We need to take a leaf out of Hawthorn's book, in regards to this. In 2002, they held a day for the Chinese community, in which they sat them in a superbox for a Hawks home game, had some of the injured players in there to explain the rules to them, and a Chinese interpreter. Apparently, they got a decent supporter base out of this. And if you get one person, they'll tell their family and friends, and it could become even bigger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back