Santos L Helper

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2001
Arrogant Prick
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Well my old mate Choco did it for our club, and I don't mind admitting that I doubted him from day one.
I still have doubts about his cognitive abilities, but will concede that the players appear to have a lot of respect for him, which I also doubted. I will not apologise for my beliefs that have stated here, as I still have lingering doubts that without the right support staff we could still suffer, but I am very happy that he got the job done and can see that he managed to do something I never gave him enough credit for.
Anyway, thanks to all for the debate over the last couple of seasons and, at the moment, I'm happy to say "you were right".

The scariest thing about all this is that I'm now doubting my appraisal of Derek Murray. :eek:

Santos L Helper said:
Well my old mate Choco did it for our club, and I don't mind admitting that I doubted him from day one.
I still have doubts about his cognitive abilities, but will concede that the players appear to have a lot of respect for him, which I also doubted. I will not apologise for my beliefs that have stated here, as I still have lingering doubts that without the right support staff we could still suffer, but I am very happy that he got the job done and can see that he managed to do something I never gave him enough credit for.
Anyway, thanks to all for the debate over the last couple of seasons and, at the moment, I'm happy to say "you were right".

The scariest thing about all this is that I'm now doubting my appraisal of Derek Murray. :eek:

"Santos L Helper, You Were Wrong."

Santos L Helper said:

What are you going to do with that rope now? ;)

and, indeed, stopeedie's.

OK its my turn

I am sorry for writing you off Chocko, I called for your head and I told everybody that you arent capable of coaching us to a premiership. Thankyou for proving me wrong!

Now Josh Mahoney, I apologise for calling your drafting a "disgrace" and for calling you a 4 foot helmeted hack who cant kick 40 metres with a 80 knot gale behind your back. Thankyou for proving idiots like me wrong with a courageous, outstanding attack on the ball. Truly inspirational stuff.

And I apologise to Toby Thurstans, for saying that you are too skinny and a deer in the headlights and that you would fail miserably under the big spotlight

Ah that's better, very theraputic

GO YOU POWER, KEEP PROVING THE DOUBTERS WRONG!

Jabsy said:
Just waiting for Eddies slice of humble pie now.

I said, "I MAY have been wrong", not AM or WAS. Humble pie, yes, but not completely convinced. The attitude of waiting for those who dared to criticise, to post apologies will only serve to fire people like me up and only serves to lessen what is a post based on some regret.

Jabsy said:
Just waiting for Eddies slice of humble pie now.

You talkin' to me, you talkin' to me?

As I said earlier in the week on another thread.

"Eddie Woloschek, YOU WERE WRONG." (about some things)

captain ebert said:
lets you & i break out the peace pipe, have a toke, a farmers union iced coffee & a vilis pastie while we're at it & let the good times roll ;)

Everything would have been ok, if you simply agreed with me.

;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pred said:
We just won the AFL premiership. How much more convincing do you need??

Its potentially arguable that Port should have won 3 flags given their list and finishing postion etc etc.

Port were so good this year, Robert Shaw could have coached them to a flag.

That sort of reasoning. ;)

Trying to understand Santos, is like trying understand a woman. Not possible, so don't bother trying.

Jars458 said:
Its potentially arguable that Port should have won 3 flags given their list and finishing postion etc etc.

That's pretty much it. At the moment we're just behind level pegging with Essendon 99-01, and look how that era is reflected upon. Flags are the bottom line. We can only hope to pinch one or two more before N. Revolt takes over the planet.

I think we can realistically expect to have good shots at the next 2 flags - beyond that depends on how well we recruit.

We have been (along with Brisbane) the only side to stay in the top four over the last 4yr period. Prior to that the Kangaroos were the side to do it throughout the mid-to-late 90s.

Our playing group will not change much - any changes will probably improve us.

While all eyes will be on West Coast, St Kilda and Geelong, I think we can be right there with them. There's a kid called Troy who hopefully will have the kryptonite to match it with Super Nick when he is ready to take over the planet. ;)

It will be St. Nick 'tagging' the Colossus of Troy, innit.

Bresh said:
That's pretty much it. At the moment we're just behind level pegging with Essendon 99-01, and look how that era is reflected upon. Flags are the bottom line. We can only hope to pinch one or two more before N. Revolt takes over the planet.
Surely you noticed the words 'potentially arguable', and the winky smiley in Jars' post.

In reality it is a hell of a job by any coach any time to win an AFL premiership. The comp is that tight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back