Analysis If Dustin Martin wins a 4th Norm Smith medal and premiership will he be regarded as the greatest player of all time?

If Dustin Martin wins a 4th Norm Smith medal and premiership will he be regarded as the greatest pla

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yet you follow me around like a bad smell

Kinda flattering , but creepy as well
When did I ''follow you around'' ?

The last post I made was in response to no-one. How is that ''following you around'' ?

In fact, you're the one engaging me.

I barely know you as a poster, but I may have previously responded to you if you've made an idiotic post.

Are you known for regularly making idiotic posts ?

When did I ''follow you around'' ?

The last post I made was in response to no-one. How is that ''following you around'' ?

In fact, you're the one engaging me.

I barely know you as a poster, but I may have previously responded to you if you've made an idiotic post.

Are you known for regularly making idiotic posts ?
Look I already have two puppies so ignore list for you

Statistics are being churned out left, right and centre by certain Richmond supporters to bolster the case for Dusty.

Who is the AFL’s most damaging inside 50 kick? It’s not Dusty or Bolton, but the man with the unusual name and equally unusual kicking style!

Last edited:
Statistics are being churned out left, right and centre by certain Richmond supporters to bolster the case for Dusty.

Who is the AFL’s most damaging player inside 50 kick? It’s not Dusty or Bolton, but the man with the unusual name and equally unusual kicking style!

Yet another medium sized forward who is ahead of Martin in AA consideration.

Who is the AFL’s most damaging inside 50 kick? It’s not Dusty or Bolton, but the man with the unusual name and equally unusual kicking style!

Dangerfield?

If he leaves, its kind of like Chris Judd to me.
Martin will not so much be remembered as a Tiger but for his new club.

The same as Judd.

Are Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis and Birchall remembered as Brisbane, West Coast, Melbourne and Brisbane players?
Very different scenario to Judd where he basically spent as much time as his second club as his first.

Are Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis and Birchall remembered as Brisbane, West Coast, Melbourne and Brisbane players?
Very different scenario to Judd where he basically spent as much time as his second club as his first.

Hodge will be remembered as a commentator for mine and player/coach of Brisbane. Like Matthews is remembered as being a Commentator or Carey. Memories fade.

Lewis will be remembered for famously picking Collingwood to miss the 8 in 2023, but also as a Demon.

Never heard of the third player.

Hodge will be remembered as a commentator for mine and player/coach of Brisbane. Like Matthews is remembered as being a Commentator or Carey. Memories fade.

Lewis will be remembered for famously picking Collingwood to miss the 8 in 2023, but also as a Demon.

Not surprised being a Collingwood supporter you have never heard of Birchall. He played in 4 winning Grand Final teams. Foreign territory for Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A strong case can be made for Dusty being the GOAT Finals player (although old timers tell me Bruce Doull and esp Lethal were pretty damn good at them too)

If we can a discussion separating that and from the true all time GOAT (from a 120 plus year historical perspective) that would be more helpful/productive.

If GAJ played his entire career at Geelong, he would have won more flags and personal accolades than Dusty imo.

At their best, Gary Junior's best to me was more dynamic and fun to watch than Dusty (whom I don't think didn't do it enough outside Finals)

But that's my own personal opinion. Dusty and Finals record is nothing to be sneezed, quite the opposite, worthy of the highest praise and respect.

Serious question - do you have alzheimer’s?

My doctor once told me I have an eidetic memory but I can never remember what it exactly means. So yeah maybe. Why?

Because I couldn't remember a player as boring as Lewis?

A teacher of mine once told me that I had an eidetic memory. Turns out he said I had an idiotic memory.

For what it's worth, I don't think Martin comes close to GOAT...for mine. His H&A record whilst very good is bettered by many.

If we're talking finals only, he is in the conversation up to his eyeballs. One of the greatest (if not the greatest), finals players I have seen. His record is second to none on that front.

Challenge matches aren't Grand Finals, I shouldn't need to explain this to you.

You can try getting history edited. Contact the AFL below, good luck.

Against Richmond too, ironically.

official.png

To get back on topic, people are still rembering Gordon Coventry and the like from that era. 100 years later.
I'm not sure people will even remember Dustin Martin in 100 years time.

Last edited:
You can try getting history edited. Contact the AFL below, good luck.

Against Richmond too, ironically.

View attachment 1702895

To get back on topic, people are still rembering Gordon Coventry and the like from that era. 100 years later.
I'm not sure people will even remember Dustin Martin in 100 years time.
What do the four years from 1927 to 1930 and the 86 years from 1937 to 2022 have in common?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back