If you could swap coaches with another team...

Which coach would it be?

• Justin Leppitsch (Brisbane)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mick Malthouse (Carlton)

• Guy McKenna (Gold Coast)

• Brad Scott (North Melbourne)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

MiloStedman

Est. 1994
Aug 21, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tahs Storm 76ers Liverpool
If you had to have one other head coach in the league coaching your team, who would it be?

Try not to all say Bomber Thompson. It'll get boring.

It would create some great positive media for my club if we could swap Ken Hinkley for Ken Hinkley. It would be unprecedented

If you had to have one other head coach in the league coaching your team, who would it be?

Try not to all say Bomber Thompson. It'll get boring.

Oh, we won't. I don't think you've heard of Ken Hinkley.

Oh, we won't. I don't think you've heard of Ken Hinkley.
Prepared to be laughed at, but possibly slightly overrated?

Great coach, I agree he has turned Port and their culture around, but Port's youth is also coming through and performing at the right time, not to mention Travis Boak's transformation after being given the captain's arm-band.

Now we play the waiting for Port supporters game.

Last edited:
I think because of the OP, a lot of people are underrating Thompson. He's still one of the best coaches going around, as proved by the brand of football Essendon have played and how they have performed, with what I feel is a list that is lacking in a couple of areas. He's shown he can implement a good culture, and can help to build a good list. I'd take Bomber.

Clarkson ticks all the boxes for me, I think he has the ability to nurture & bring along a young list as well as rejuvenate an older one, I like the angry ant streak he has too :thumbsu:

However I wouldn't swap Ken for anybody right now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rate Ross Lyon the highest, but reckon Ken Hinkley is better suited to our list and the style of footy we play. Alan Richardson would be in the conversation, Brendan McCartney not so much though I rate him high up on the coaching list...

Or just for the lols, Chris Scott.

Rate Ross Lyon the highest, but reckon Ken Hinkley is better suited to our list and the style of footy we play. Alan Richardson would be in the conversation, Brendan McCartney not so much though I rate him high up on the coaching list...

Or just for the lols, Chris Scott.
Why? The guy has coached 3 games, 2 wins against probably the bottom 2 this year, and then lost against WC.

Why? The guy has coached 3 games, 2 wins against probably the bottom 2 this year, and then lost against WC.

Given the state of the Saints they should've lost all three by 10+ goals. He's a great coach who is getting everything possible out of his players. The fact the Saints were actually ahead of the Eagles for significant period of time is a miracle in itself.

Back