Import business-best way to pay overseas supplier..

Remove this Banner Ad

I've started doing some importing and for the first order we used our bank to pay the supplier. The transfer fee was only $35 but the exchange rate they gave us added 10% to the cost of the order. Anyone know of a way to transfer money internationally(Sweden in this case) that offers better value on exchange rates?

I've started doing some importing and for the first order we used our bank to pay the supplier. The transfer fee was only $35 but the exchange rate they gave us added 10% to the cost of the order. Anyone know of a way to transfer money internationally(Sweden in this case) that offers better value on exchange rates?

Ozforex

for smaller amounts use 28 degrees or as per above use ozforex

the other is http://www.28degreescard.com.au/credit-card-features/?&gemid1=Jun15-28d-sem-google-28D_BRA&mkwid=sHcaKhQFe-dc_pcrid_58036084729_pkw_28 degrees credit card_pmt_e_

it was once no fees and a very small margin. I haven't used it in a long time but check it out.

but put the $s in first and use it as a debit card rather than a credit card.

Last edited:
Think there is no issues doing large amounts with Ozforex.

I must have been thinking one thing and typing another.

smaller for 28degrees

tip with 28degrees: put the $ in first and effectively use it as a debit card rather than a credit card

If you're wanting to use a bank, hsbc offer much better rates than most. You can set up a $usd account so you can get paid in USD and keep it in USD

I've used PayPal to send and receive money for my US property also

As others have said Ozforex too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back