Inner North

Remove this Banner Ad

I was only sorry after they made a point of this being Harry’s opportunity they didn’t show anything about how he grabbed it - no footage of him playing, no comments from the sideline about how he was going, it was all about Powell and Phillips and Zurhaar.

I was only sorry after they made a point of this being Harry’s opportunity they didn’t show anything about how he grabbed it - no footage of him playing, no comments from the sideline about how he was going, it was all about Powell and Phillips and Zurhaar.
Probably learnt from last year that there isn’t any need to pump 18 year olds up more then the hype he already gets due to his draft position.

Probably learnt from last year that there isn’t any need to pump 18 year olds up more then the hype he already gets due to his draft position.
Sure, but it seemed inartistic to build him up in the pregame in that case.

Would love to see us bring back the players podcast like we had with ziebs and wrighty

Bull and griff could be good for this

I know griff used to host the freo players podcast with Mundy (young bull old bull)
I listen to quite a few regular podcasts every week, and the one I look forward to the most is Backchat with Will Schofield the former Eagle. It would be great if we did something similar. If it was a recent past player, I reckon JMac would be a good host, he was a good talker and could handle himself in front of a mic.

I listen to quite a few regular podcasts every week, and the one I look forward to the most is Backchat with Will Schofield the former Eagle. It would be great if we did something similar. If it was a recent past player, I reckon JMac would be a good host, he was a good talker and could handle himself in front of a mic.
Sam (mr September) wright would be another good one-
Has a dry sense of humour

The thing that stood out to me was some basic stuff Clarko was pointing out to the players through messaging and them executing. Footage could have easily been mixed up to make it appear this was the case but I genuinely don’t think so.

And while it was basic, I actually find it hard to believe that Noble would have had the presence of mind to narrow down on such intricacies.

Enjoy the ride all, this is going to be fun.

Good idea, the fans need to be along for the ride and hopefully this helps build the connection with the fans.
It's not easy to do these videos imo. If you put too much gameplan/tactical stuff in, other teams analyse it. If you include coaches private discussions on players that can go sideways if the players haven't been told something similar.
Would be cool to see something similar to what OKC does with their "The Path" series where they recap like 4-5 games and follow some of the players stories, mixed in with some game highlights and coaches media comments etc. Admittedly, it might be a little easier though in the NBA given the travel time on planes to edit things, the size of media staff and budgets they have as well lol.

OKC's 'The Path' videos are GREAT, and exactly the kind of thing good, modern sporting organisations like NMFC are doing.

But my real question is, does anyone have the full leaderboard votes of everyone. Clarko mentioned 'depth' underneath the six who made the leadership group, but I'm SUPER interested to see who is rated just below that group internally.

Anyone?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know the other thing that chronicling this does. It adds accountability.

Leadership is off the scales better than what it was three years ago. Coming out of every pore.

Reckon this year might be that season we all hoped for lasat season. I'd say fingers crossed, but I can see it. Good content.

Maybe Crossy needs to work into the role, but I preferred Boomer as the runner, I found his messages to be more insightful

I get the feeling simple messages are the order of the day given the team are learning a new game plan.

Liked it! Another good insight.

Would've been better if there was more play highlights and sound bites of when those highlights happening rather than Crossy saying "when ya can mate".

For example it would have been awesome to hear what Clarko and the other coaches were saying when Sheeze, Goater and Stevo ran the enitre length of the ground in that play of the day.

OKC's 'The Path' videos are GREAT, and exactly the kind of thing good, modern sporting organisations like NMFC are doing.

But my real question is, does anyone have the full leaderboard votes of everyone. Clarko mentioned 'depth' underneath the six who made the leadership group, but I'm SUPER interested to see who is rated just below that group internally.

Anyone?
While not 100% confirmed, you can view the in the video the players that had hung around in that secondary meeting, confirmed leadership group in Jy, Lmac, Souv, Cunners Ziebell and McKay, players like Greenwood, Bailey Scott getting recognized, KT, Shiels & Corr I could see also included being discussed as depth, so simply putting 2 and 2 together there's you're answer

Interesting that it sounds like we requested to play the 2 teams that we did in the pre-season... 2 Finals teams who play different styles.

Last edited:
Interesting that it sounds like we requested to play the 2 teams that we did in the pre-season... 2 Finals teams who play different styles.

He was pretty easy on them there, a real "arm around" approach.

I can't wait till the day when Clarko tells the boys with complete conviction: "we just need to fix these 2 things, and we win the flag". That quote was from Xavier Ellis in Back Chat referring to 2008 after Geelong just beat Hawthorn in the H&A when the Cats were on fire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back