Interesting Stats

Remove this Banner Ad

MileHigh

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
I am big fan of the old stats so thought we could start a thread with any stats that you may have discovered yourself or came across (current or past) that you think are interesting or perhaps quite revealing.

Not exactly wowing anyone with this one and it's a poor start, however looking down the ladder our attack is right up there with the best teams. We sit 13th on the ladder but 6th in scoring power, and we pretty much on parity with Sydney, Fremantle and Geelong so could very easy be in 3rd place this season for that statistic.

Pretty interesting considering we have only really pumped 1 side this year in St Kilda so I think we can take some confidence into 2015 knowing that we are able to kick a winning score.

On the other side of the fence and more damning is that we are 3rd last for defense. We have a long way to go in that regard. Quite revealing when you look at it like this. We have been pumped twice this season so we are consistently letting teams score on us.

If I remember correctly there was a stat half way through the year that we were one of the worst teams for scores from turnovers. Would be interested to see if anyone can come up with anything regarding this.

Last edited:
Carlton Ranked #2 for free kicks FOR.

Carlton Ranked #18 for free kicks AGAINST.

Also we are ranked 18th in handballs per game, some 13 on average less than 17th ranked....

I highly doubt there's any stats for this but I would love to see how many cheap/easy goals we let opposition teams score.
Would also be interesting to see the amount of tackles we lay per game that are easily broken or where the opposition player barely gets touched.

Huge stats for TL15 this year.

My inside food outlets are up this year by 3. I am plus 2 for hot dog receives and plus 3 for hot donut gets. Furthermore my heat map for Etihad Stadium matches shows a lot of activity along King Street after midnight culminating in an increase in hard ball gets!! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Total score conceded: 240.214.1,654.
Total score conceded after the 20 minute mark this year: 85.77.587
So 35.49% of opposition score has come in red time. I have no life:oops:
Great stat!

Assuming each quarter lasts for 30 minutes and the scores that come in red time is 1/3rd of game time, that means we are approximately letting in 1/3rd of our scores against in the last 3rd of each quarter. Surprising. I think we all would have thought it would be above average.

uh, yeah. I did. I found it more interesting than the lions v suns game :p
Wow kudos for concentration skills lol

BUT

The real test is to compare that to other sides.

Please have same stats for the other 17 teams on my desk no later than close of business tonight.

:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back