International Cricket Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

He is probably my 7th test fast bowler ATM. Pattinson, Harris, Johnson, Siddle, Hazelwood and believe it or not Gulbis. In that order then Sayers.

My batting line up is
Warner
Watson
Smith
Clarke
Lynn
Silk/Voges/Nevill/Beauchamp (some Vic guy who averages 70 with a high score of 320)
Wade (k)

Voges, Silk and Lynn swap all the time. I need to strengthen up my middle order.

Smith just scored 340 at 3 for me. Next high score was Harris with 85 haha
Yes Hazlewood has been good for me in tests as well. I usually go with Johnson, Harris and Hazelwood, but my problem is MJ and Harris have lost form. I'm not sure whether they are declining because of age (MJ 34, RH 36) or whether it's just a loss of form. Same can be said about Watson and Haddin.

My test XI:

Finch
Warner
Hughes
Clarke
Smith
Watson
Haddin
Johnson
Hazlewood
Harris
Lyon

Extremely close to dropping Haddin for Wade.

My test XI is:

Warner
Silk
Smith
Clarke
White
M Marsh
Whiteman
Johnson
Pattinson
Lyon
Bird
Marsh is in and around my team in all forms. Has played a couple of test matches batting at 6, my problem with I'm is he doesn't score enough runs to bat in the top 6.

I've been playing the latest version on iPad a bit. I like not having to play T20s in county champs. I hate never being able to take a ******* wicket. Worst match engine I've seen in 15 years of playing.

Can't get into it anymore. To play Phillip Hughes or not to play Phillip Hughes? I feel bad doing either so I'm just not playing it.

The 1998 Australian Cricket Captain game was the first one I purchased. I've still got the CD somewhere. Should work out how to make it work on my computer so I can add to the thousands of hours I've already wasted playing it.

screenhunter_02-nov.-12-21.42.jpg

The 1998 Australian Cricket Captain game was the first one I purchased. I've still got the CD somewhere. Should work out how to make it work on my computer so I can add to the thousands of hours I've already wasted playing it.

screenhunter_02-nov.-12-21.42.jpg
I came across my copy of that too the other day. I don't know if XP can run it, let alone a newer OS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I came across my copy of that too the other day. I don't know if XP can run it, let alone a newer OS
It can't run on any OS newer than 98. So you need that virtual machine that the poster has to play it.

I want to play it for some reason - I seem to prefer the pre-07 ICC's in terms of match engine, and that's the only pre-07 one where you can play Aussie domestic, but it's never on eBay or anything.

Currently in 2021 on icc 2013, my test xi is:
U.Khawaja
D.Warner
J.Burns
W.Bosisto
V.Aimson
R.Sweeney
M.Wade
A.Agar
B.Cutting
M.Starc
J.Pattinson

Agar has easily been my best player, 398 wkts@20.45 and 3167 runs@31.67

Can't get into it anymore. To play Phillip Hughes or not to play Phillip Hughes? I feel bad doing either so I'm just not playing it.
I've decided I am going to start playing again with Hughes in my side. While it will make me sad at the start, at least I'll get to play out his career on the game, the great career the world has been robbed of seeing.

First time back playing since Hughes' death. His first ball on there was pulled for four. Amazing.

What are Starc's stats like, how long did he take to come good?
Starc has been in my side since about 2015/16, his stats are:
110 matches 443wkts@25.77 with 14 5 wicket halls and he has a test match 100 aswell.

Starc has been in my side since about 2015/16, his stats are:
110 matches 443wkts@25.77 with 14 5 wicket halls and he has a test match 100 aswell.

Sweet Jesus!!!

In 2015 ATM:

Watson
Hughes (c)
Smith
Khawaja
Warner
Handscombe
Ronchi
Marsh
Siddle
Lyon
Bollinger

Against weaker sides, I tend to not play Bollinger and replace him with an extra bat I want to get experience. And before you start, Ronchi averages 38 with the stick at test level. Warner and Watson swap a bit, depending on who's in form. Smith averages 46 with the bat and has 60 wickets at 25, hence why I don't play 3 front line bowlers all the time.

Sweet Jesus!!!

In 2015 ATM:

Watson
Hughes (c)
Smith
Khawaja
Warner
Handscombe
Ronchi
Marsh
Siddle
Lyon
Bollinger

Against weaker sides, I tend to not play Bollinger and replace him with an extra bat I want to get experience. And before you start, Ronchi averages 38 with the stick at test level. Warner and Watson swap a bit, depending on who's in form. Smith averages 46 with the bat and has 60 wickets at 25, hence why I don't play 3 front line bowlers all the time.

I also have a tendency to play players I like as well, not necessarily who will win me the series. Except the Ashes.

Also, Shaun Marsh was my Test captain averaging 42, and then just ******* retired or disappeared out of the bloody game at the age of 31? WTF? Anyone else experienced something like this?

Sweet Jesus!!!

In 2015 ATM:

Watson
Hughes (c)
Smith
Khawaja
Warner
Handscombe
Ronchi
Marsh
Siddle
Lyon
Bollinger

Do you use Handscombe as a keeper? I've got him in my state side and he tends to let through an extraordinary number of byes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back