international membership

Remove this Banner Ad

This is my third season. It's great. In the USA it works out to less than what it would cost just to get a streaming subscription through the AFL (which I had been doing before that). Plus I get a scarf with the same number of member years as we have premierships in a row! (I assume there's a correlation there).

awesome so happy it does help you guys i know some do have the other memberships gold so they can come back to melb for the GF if we make it etc but if you can't this is definitely the next best thing for you guys :)
must have missed reading about it last few yrs thats easy done these days

Yeah, I used to be a member but had to drop it because I couldn't justify the expense when I lived on the other side of the world and had no opportunity to get to games.

I did a year on Watch AFL to see how the quality was, and was pleased with the service, so I was stoked when I saw Hawthorn offer it via the club too.

The only downside of being a club member is that you don't get a few of the extras, e.g. International Rules - but I was pleased to get a scarf again! Absolutely fantastic for us overseas fans. :)

https://membership.hawthornfc.com.au/packages/view/157/International-Digital

is this a new membership ?
don't remember seeing it last year
great for those that are and can not get to games due to that
It was always there, I (and apparently many others) bugged the club for a couple years to get it to include access to live games via AFL.com, which the AFL finally allowed for the first time this year. Now they added it, I feel I can justify buying a membership. I really don't understand how they ran into so much difficulty with the AFL and Telstra... wait, actually I do.

This is my third season. It's great. In the USA it works out to less than what it would cost just to get a streaming subscription through the AFL (which I had been doing before that). Plus I get a scarf with the same number of member years as we have premierships in a row! (I assume there's a correlation there).

I didn't realize this was an option until I read this thread. Does it allow the same access as the AFL, ie. all games? Now, after nearly 20 years of no Hawthorn Hawthorn membership, I will rejoin the club I followed for 50 years before moving to Thailand.:thumbsu:

It was always there, I (and apparently many others) bugged the club for a couple years to get it to include access to live games via AFL.com, which the AFL finally allowed for the first time this year. Now they added it, I feel I can justify buying a membership. I really don't understand how they ran into so much difficulty with the AFL and Telstra... wait, actually I do.
yes i can see the afl trying to keep it for themselves too silly really glad HFC finally can offer it too

I didn't realize this was an option until I read this thread. Does it allow the same access as the AFL, ie. all games? Now, after nearly 20 years of no Hawthorn Hawthorn membership, I will rejoin the club I followed for 50 years before moving to Thailand.:thumbsu:
Yes Thaihawk, it is the same access as the AFLTV - in fact the same platform. You get an email that gives you a voucher number for access to AFLTV. Can occasionally be a bit hit and miss (though not sure if this is just my internet). Overall - a great deal. You support out club and get the same service as AFLTV, at not much more cost.

good question i wonder if the hawk official could answer that ?? maybe give HFC an email no harm in asking

Yes Thaihawk, it is the same access as the AFLTV - in fact the same platform. You get an email that gives you a voucher number for access to AFLTV. Can occasionally be a bit hit and miss (though not sure if this is just my internet). Overall - a great deal. You support out club and get the same service as AFLTV, at not much more cost.
cool glad you caould answer what i could not thank you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good question i wonder if the hawk official could answer that ?? maybe give HFC an email no harm in asking

Like many up here in Thailand, we had access by cable to 5 games a week, so I never investigated any other options. Then, when the government cut the ABC's budget, I had to look for other options, as our local cable didn't go to the new source. I only had a few glitches with the AFL, and connected my laptop to my 55" TV. However, knowing I can support the Hawks, and get the same coverage is fantastic.

Like many up here in Thailand, we had access by cable to 5 games a week, so I never investigated any other options. Then, when the government cut the ABC's budget, I had to look for other options, as our local cable didn't go to the new source. I only had a few glitches with the AFL, and connected my laptop to my 55" TV. However, knowing I can support the Hawks, and get the same coverage is fantastic.
yes i agree it is great that now you can support the hawks with buying the membership that will help you watch the game as well that is awesome

Am a gold member living overseas.
This year (2015) took out an AFL global pass..cant remember what it cost. Just had a look at the AFL website and for 2016 US$153 which is close to A$200... or I can take out another Hawks Membership - International for A$173 ..!!!! I guess the Hawks will be doing well out of me in 2016.

This year (2015) took out an AFL global pass..cant remember what it cost. Just had a look at the AFL website and for 2016 US$153 which is close to A$200... or I can take out another Hawks Membership - International for A$173 ..!!!! I guess the Hawks will be doing well out of me in 2016.
Wish I were in the same position (financially, that is) as you SH. Would love to be doing more for my club, but it is not really possible on a single pension, and keeping a wife, household, and a few others.

We should be suggesting Hawks international memberships to all our overseas mates. Cheaper for them. Not sure how many of them would support the hawks for $25 back in their pockets, but worth a crack!

FYI - in interesting timing, I just got my email today. It's really simple. These are the instructions you get:

"Dear Tom,

Thank you for purchasing an international WatchAFL digital subscription with your Hawthorn Football Club International Digital Membership. It's set to be another big season on and off the field, and we're excited to have you on board. Shortly you will receive your membership fulfilment pack for 2016. Once dispatched, you will receive an email where you can track the delivery status of your pack.

WatchAFL is the official global streaming partner of the AFL and is available on PC, Mobile and Tablet devices, broadcasting every match live and on-demand (including special events such as the Brownlow Medal and more).

Redeeming your WatchAFL Voucher

To redeem your WatchAFL voucher code, please follow these steps

1. Click on "Redeem Voucher" or go to http://watchafl.afl.com.au
2. If you're an existing subscriber - login with your existing details, then go to Step 4.
3. If you're a new subscriber - create an account by clicking Subscribe (at the top of the page) and complete your registration.
4. At the top of the homepage click on "+Add Subscription"
5. Add your unique voucher code into the "Enter voucher code:" box then click Next button, then you're done!"

Wish I were in the same position (financially, that is) as you SH. Would love to be doing more for my club, but it is not really possible on a single pension, and keeping a wife, household, and a few others.

TH yeah I think I am pretty lucky and can appreciate one can only do what one can afford mate.
I am only OS for a few years and didn't want to give up my Gold. Was reluctant to pay both and my Mrs is pissed about it but fortunately my bro in Melb pays me for half while I am away to use and gets to use any GF ticket if we make it... unless i get home which is unlikely
If I'm gunna have to pay to watch as well at least some of it is going to HFC in 2016 rather than all to the AFL :thumbsu:

TH yeah I think I am pretty lucky and can appreciate one can only do what one can afford mate.
I am only OS for a few years and didn't want to give up my Gold. Was reluctant to pay both and my Mrs is pissed about it but fortunately my bro in Melb pays me for half while I am away to use and gets to use any GF ticket if we make it... unless i get home which is unlikely
If I'm gunna have to pay to watch as well at least some of it is going to HFC in 2016 rather than all to the AFL :thumbsu:

While the AFL is pretty good coverage, it is actually a rip off, as it's double the Hawk package. They are greedy bastards.

I couldn't get through on the Hawthorn site, so I used the "contact us." All fixed, have an email saying they have purchased this membership for me, so now wondering how long the email with the detains, and the pack will take. It's good to be back,:rainbow::thumbsu:
Mine rolled over and I just got the mail earlier this week. I'm thinking though that's because the AFL just set up the site again for next year. No need to stress. If you're a fortnight out and still no code, just send a few follow up emails (n.b. NAB cup games are shown too - get in early!)

Mine rolled over and I just got the mail earlier this week. I'm thinking though that's because the AFL just set up the site again for next year. No need to stress. If you're a fortnight out and still no code, just send a few follow up emails (n.b. NAB cup games are shown too - get in early!)

Received it now. Now can't wait for the NAB Challenge to see some of our next generation. After 16 years, it is great to be a member again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back