Ruse

Club Legend
Jan 25, 2007
KFC Dumpster
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Its Always Sunny
Man this is such an awesome show and this week they had a tie I can't wait to find out the theme ingredient next week should be a cracker. Chen Kenichi FTW!

This show absolutely dominates Master Chef.

P.S. Just turned back to the Geelong v Bulldogs. :eek::eek::eek:

Much better than the American version, that's for sure. There is something I've wanted to know for a while now, why isn't the chairman's voice dubbed over?

agreed. Dreading the local version now that Ch7 acquired the rights

Channel 7 are the broadcaster but The Shine Group (owned by Sarah Murdoch) owns the rights and will be the producers of the show.

If your worried about The Shine Group they are producing 'Junior Masterchef' for Channel 10.

Iron Chef Australia is still in 'pre production mode' at the moment but will soon be ramping right up with the set looking like it will be being built next week.

Much better than the American version, that's for sure. There is something I've wanted to know for a while now, why isn't the chairman's voice dubbed over?
Because that guy's too awesome.
ironmans6a.jpg

It was, in some of the earliest translated episodes, but it was decided that the voice wasn't providing the right feel for his character, so they limited the voiceovers to the challenger biographies and went to subtitles wherever possible.

The American version is...OK. Once you accept that its not a direct attempt to ape the Japanese version, it becomes easier to stomach. Mark Dacascos has certainly got his own style going as US chairman!

[YOUTUBE]yQ-Ukh_Eaa8[/YOUTUBE]

The American version is such a failure in quality when compared to the original Japanese version.

Japanese version has been on SBS since 2003, perhaps even longer. Haven't watched it for years, but I remember it being lots of fun. The entire formula of the show just works really well. Does SBS keep showing repeats of old episodes?

Enjoyed it but the atmosphere was soo lame. There was no excitement in the commentator's voice and no back history in the Chairman. :(

ITS NOT THE SAME WITHOUT THE CHAIRMAN EATING A CAPSICUM!!!

Someone should suggest an AFL player to dress up as the Chairman for Mad Monday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The show has disappeared from SBS's schedule for the past month...concerning.

Also, from another thread:

Too much to ask! Thankfully I barely remember it.

Can always watch it on that SBS on Demand. I think some episodes are still there

2003 was a fun year for television in Australia. Iron Chef, Australian Idol and Kath & Kim (among others) all became runaway sensations that year. You could probably throw Yu-Gi-Oh in there as well. Iron Chef was must-see weekend television for a little while there (even if years behind Japanese broadcast).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back