Essendon
Other Teams
Storm, Arse, Victory
Central Coast 4 - 0 Perth Glory
Melbourne 5 - 0 Sydney FC

Fozzie's team of the week: Central Coast
Fozzie's goal of the week: Petrie (CCM)

Is he on crack?

Whilst Petrie's goal was very good, Super Archie had to beat 4,000 defenders...

Melbourne beat the glamour club 5-zip.

His player of the week: Kitzbichler (i think he felt slightly guilty for hating Melbourne)...

Maybe he's adopting the "if I didn't see it, it couldn't have happened" response. ;)

I laugh at the build-up to Sydney vs NZ Knights - they're all hyping it as Sydney going to the top with a win! Perhaps they've forgotten of the two teams in line to overtake them by Sunday night.

You mean on Total Sydney with Neil Evans and Robbie Slater? Waste of airtime.

Total Bling gave GOTW to the Korean from the Roar who pulled that long long long long effort out of his arse - I suspect even Tony Yeboah got cold shivers.

How they couldn't have given it to Archibald I'll never know. A goal like that would have adorned the personal highlight reel of any striker in the world.

Pantsless said:
His player of the week: Kitzbichler (i think he felt slightly guilty for hating Melbourne)...

If anything he'd have a soft spot for Melbourne you would think. Having played for the coach and alongside the captain

dyertribe said:
Total Bling gave GOTW to the Korean from the Roar who pulled that long long long long effort out of his arse -

It was his 2nd in two weeks, so calling it arsey is a little harsh.

Boro said:
It was his 2nd in two weeks, so calling it arsey is a little harsh.

Any hit from outside 30 yards is arsey.

He may have meant it, but you still require a fair percentage of hairy cheek for it to hit the back of the net.

What would you expect from a dirty skate?

Craig Foster
pfcani.gif

I did think Seo's strike was bloody good though. As Boro said that's his second great goal in two weeks. I just thought Archie's goal was one out of the box. It's not as if we won't see another long distance strike before the end of the season.

Yeh its pretty poor by Foster, but i have come to expect crap like that from him. He really is a poor analyst...

As for Slater and Evans - well im a bit biased now coz i shared a a few bevs with them last week and i think robbie is a hell of a lot better than Foster...

Pantsless said:
Central Coast 4 - 0 Perth Glory
Melbourne 5 - 0 Sydney FC

Fozzie's team of the week: Central Coast
Fozzie's goal of the week: Petrie (CCM)

Is he on crack?

Whilst Petrie's goal was very good, Super Archie had to beat 4,000 defenders...

Melbourne beat the glamour club 5-zip.

lol...............Good point mate! I fell off my chair and choked on my dinner at the same time when he came out with that dribble!

DB10 said:
You mean on Total Sydney with Neil Evans and Robbie Slater? Waste of airtime.

I don't bother at all - I just meant the build-up in general. Most articles this week have mentioned Sydney's chance to go to the top (for the first time, I'm supporting a Kiwi team tonight!)

I don't which board to start this poll on: Tommy Smyth or Foster or Evans/Slater? It's become a disappointingly tough choice.

What I love about it the whole "Sydney to the top" thing is that they talk as if Sydney's spent the entire season leading. They haven't. Sydney FC have NEVER been on top of the A-League - only the Roar (round 1), us (round 2-7) and the Victory (round 8-present) have. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't delude yourself - we all know it's Sydney's destiny to go to the top. Just let it happen. ;)

Frankly, if Sydney did lead the A-League after the end of the round (there is a slight chance), it would be a blight on the league. They really aren't that good. Newcastle are much better - I still think they're the team to beat once they reach full strength. Sydney are about on a par with Central Coast and Queensland, IMO.

If I was doing my predictions now, I'd have Melbourne, Adelaide, Newcastle in the finals, and Syd/Qld/CCM fighting out 4th.

It's because Sydney get slaughtered in the middle and at the back. Neither Talay or McFlynn provide that Costanzo-esque presence in the middle and spend too much time venturing forward, and Ceccoli is the definition of "fullback who can't and doesn't defend". I'd think when Rudan is back they'll be a bit better, but only slightly. For me it's been referee decisions that have kept them in touch up the front and not their own merit, because Perth utterly destroyed them at MES, but Breeze created two goals for Sydney to win it for them, and we were worth a point two weeks ago. They got lucky against QLD due to the Roar's inexperience ... the only team they've comprehensively beaten by their own skill has been the Knights. :p

But you are right in what you've said, as I think the Jets are the best all-round team in the A-League (edging you lot out as Reddy > Galekovic) and will hit their stride soon. If we can make the top four I'll be very happy.

I can't believe Ufuk Talay (still sounds like the title of a sexual education textbook) once played for Galatasaray - and back when they were the shiz too.

Once Sydney invest in a half-decent central mid they'll be a bit of alright. Wouldn't surprise me if they made overtures to someone like Luke Wilkshire sooner rather than later.

good to see im not the only one annoyed by the media love affair with sydney.

i dont have foxtel so by the sounds of things im spared the dribble from slater. i thought foster would be a fan of adelaide?

watch sports tonight after games are completed in the A league. Youd be forgiven for thinking that sydney are the only team in the comp.

peternorth said:
good to see im not the only one annoyed by the media love affair with sydney.

i thought foster would be a fan of adelaide?

I don't think it's a bad thing to have Sydney as the focus of the media attention. It might be slightly annoying for those who are already supporters of other sides, but a marquee side was probably needed to grab the attention of people who have never been to a football game before. You just have to look at attendance figures for Sydney's away games to see it is working.

And why would Craig Foster be an Adelaide fan?

Boro said:
I don't think it's a bad thing to have Sydney as the focus of the media attention. It might be slightly annoying for those who are already supporters of other sides, but a marquee side was probably needed to grab the attention of people who have never been to a football game before. You just have to look at attendance figures for Sydney's away games to see it is working.

And why would Craig Foster be an Adelaide fan?

didnt he play for adelaide? if so i apologise.

i dont agree that sydney should be the focus. the nbl already orgasms over the kings, sports tonight (count how many times they say sydney) over anything sydney etc. attention should be paid to the winning teams.

thepower said:
didnt he play for adelaide? if so i apologise.

He played for a number of clubs including Sydney Croatia, Sunshine George Cross and Adelaide, but he is from Northern New South Wales. I doubt he has a favourite side, but he might.

Was going to start a thread on SBS's coverage of the A-League but this thread is very close to the theme.
Basically the SBS obsession the "glamour club" Sydney borders on embarrassing.
On the 16th when the Victory smacked them 5-0 they started their segment at 5.55 and before you knew it the show was over.
Last week they showed about 10 minutes of highlights of Sydney smashing bottom side NZ 2-0.
Their bias in blatant. Stick your "glamour club" up your ar*es SBS and try and give equal coverage to all 8 teams.

SCRAY72 said:
Was going to start a thread on SBS's coverage of the A-League but this thread is very close to the theme.
Basically the SBS obsession the "glamour club" Sydney borders on embarrassing.
On the 16th when the Victory smacked them 5-0 they started their segment at 5.55 and before you knew it the show was over.
Last week they showed about 10 minutes of highlights of Sydney smashing bottom side NZ 2-0.
Their bias in blatant. Stick your "glamour club" up your ar*es SBS and try and give equal coverage to all 8 teams.

unfortunately this will never be possible. the A League want sydney to win. Look at the heavyweights - O Neil, Lowrey, sydney people! The same goes for the NBL also. the media are so in love with sydney it gets rammed down the rest of the countrys throats!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back