The Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we please change the name of this thread to the "Cricket is not dead" thread. Surely with the Ashes coming up, the interest in it, and the fact that we are up to part 4, probably with no contribution from me by the way, totalling over 3000 posts, shows that cricket is clearly not dead.....

If it is not changed, I will day by day (or thereabouts) add a new thread, clearly showing, that in comparison, that cricket is not dead....

Wow - The Saffers are all over the Poms.

Think they will bat the rest of the day (should be around 350 in front by then) and give themselves Day 5 to skittle the Poms.
The Saffers have 4 exceptional batsman - Kallis, Smith, Amla and De Villiers

Tis and ugly scorecard. Couldn't happen to a more deserving team either.
Yup. Amla and Kallis need to put the foot down now and lift the scoring rate to about 6 an over, build the lead up to 300-350 by near close of play

Was out til late last evening and missed the score in the cricket. What a pleasure it is to see that England is getting embarrased by my other least favourite team in Sth Africa.

How KP keeps his spot is beyond me, that fool has been playing irresponsibly for the last 6 months, and sometimes needs to learn to get his head out of his arse and dig in for the team.

F%^k yuou England and F$5k the Olympics too.

Amla is just an incredibly good batsmen. I recall him making his debut in Kolkata - I think - against India in a Two-match series in 2004/05 (the series where there was the whole fiasco about him refusing to wear an alcoholic sponsors logo because he's Islamic). Then he looked slightly unsure of himself, but now everything's in fine working order. His concentration and style is superb.

Amla is just an incredibly good batsmen. I recall him making his debut in Kolkata - I think - against India in a Two-match series in 2004/05 (the series where there was the whole fiasco about him refusing to wear an alcoholic sponsors logo because he's Islamic). Then he looked slightly unsure of himself, but now everything's in fine working order. His concentration and style is superb.
He is Youseuf Youhana mkII (Mohammed Yousef).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long night tonight WI V NZ.

Gayle much his long awaited return to test cricket. What a ridiculous dragged out saga it has been.

Narine makes his debut and you can bet he will get 10 wickets on debut.

Again Pollard has been ignored as has Dwayne Bravo. Darren Bravo I assume is still injured.

The game is played at Antigua which is usally a flat track.

I'll tip the Windies to win this one .....

Can someone explain to me how David Hussey can't get a game in the T20 side?

He and his brother are clearly the best two batsman we have in the shorter forms of the game.

It does make you wonder. He's also a handy bowler if the wicket is low, slow or spinning, plus great in the field. Staggering he's not in there.

I'd think Duss would be in there, however I read that conditions are more 'swing' friendly than spin, so his less effective in those conditions.

How good could Maxwell be????

I'd think Duss would be in there, however I read that conditions are more 'swing' friendly than spin, so his less effective in those conditions.

How good could Maxwell be????

Didnt realize Boons that White or Bailey bowled Simon Specials.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back