Is Cricket DEAD? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindies/content/current/story/563553.html

Gayle now committed to the Windies. Must have earnt enough playing IPL and other 20/20 tournaments to buy all the bling he needs, so now ready to play if selected for England.

Note, Narine, Dwayne Bravo and Pollard have not been slected for the England test matches. This needs to be addressed in the short term also.

Gayle now committed to the Windies. Must have earnt enough playing IPL and other 20/20 tournaments to buy all the bling he needs, so now ready to play if selected for England.

Note, Narine, Dwayne Bravo and Pollard have not been slected for the England test matches. This needs to be addressed in the short term also.

Big step forward, but absolutely agree they need to get their best players in the maroon caps for the sake of the game.

Cricinfo being lathered with IPL news is starting to s**t me.
Get the iPhone app and turn the country preference on.... cuts out all that crap

Also, beeps all night during a test match.

Yeah, I got that the first time I loaded it. Turned off push notifications the next day and got a good night sleep.

Yeah, I got that the first time I loaded it. Turned off push notifications the next day and got a good night sleep.

Bit of common sense, which I obviously lack with this app, I just worked it out in the 3rd test v windies

This is the disappointing thing about cricket at the moment. Players choosing cash over country. The windies side is pretty good if they had all their players. The pushed Australia in the recent series without Gayle, Narine and Bravo. They could be going a lot better than they are now if they were able to force their payers to play.

For the betterment of the game though, they should tell Gayle to f$%k right off.

This is the disappointing thing about cricket at the moment. Players choosing cash over country. The windies side is pretty good if they had all their players. The pushed Australia in the recent series without Gayle, Narine and Bravo. They could be going a lot better than they are now if they were able to force their payers to play.

For the betterment of the game though, they should tell Gayle to f$%k right off.

For the betterment of the game, the West Indies board need to come to terms with the modern landscape and earning abilities of players, recognise that they can't provided the remuneration of some of the other boards and drop the attitude.

For the betterment of the game, the West Indies board need to come to terms with the modern landscape and earning abilities of players, recognise that they can't provided the remuneration of some of the other boards and drop the attitude.

There is much more to the issues in WI cricket. Note, how no games were played at Kingston? note the issues with Guyana?

The WICB is a joke, and Rimnarine has been difficult as a representative of the WIPA. This is ongoing.

It would be great if all swallowed their pride, for the advancement of cricket in the WI, but, there is more to it. Narine for example, could have given up his $700k contract in order to make himself available for the WI V AUS tests, he did not. As a result, he most likely will never play test cricket.

Same goes for Pollard, could have showed some intiative, did not happen.

D Bravo is another. There is no official reason as to why he did not play tests this series, no explanation provided, Michael Holding and Cozier asked these questions....no answer, these three players alone, perhaps could have led to a different story in the test series.

Instead, they played IPL, and no where publically are they complaining that they did not play test cricket, instead, they are eating curry in the IPL.

The IPL is poison, I will not watch a minute.

Tassie, re cricinfo, mate, there are a billion indians crazy about IPL, so they focus on it. Unfortunate yes.

Good man Langers :thumbsu:

Yep GH, they obviously know their target audience - you just have to read some of the dross in the comments section by Indian supporters.

I actually watched large chunks of about 30 IPL games in 2008; I have no idea why...

There is much more to the issues in WI cricket. Note, how no games were played at Kingston? note the issues with Guyana?

The WICB is a joke, and Rimnarine has been difficult as a representative of the WIPA. This is ongoing.

It would be great if all swallowed their pride, for the advancement of cricket in the WI, but, there is more to it. Narine for example, could have given up his $700k contract in order to make himself available for the WI V AUS tests, he did not. As a result, he most likely will never play test cricket.

Same goes for Pollard, could have showed some intiative, did not happen.

D Bravo is another. There is no official reason as to why he did not play tests this series, no explanation provided, Michael Holding and Cozier asked these questions....no answer, these three players alone, perhaps could have led to a different story in the test series.

Instead, they played IPL, and no where publically are they complaining that they did not play test cricket, instead, they are eating curry in the IPL.

The IPL is poison, I will not watch a minute.

Tassie, re cricinfo, mate, there are a billion indians crazy about IPL, so they focus on it. Unfortunate yes.
No doubt it's a complex situation GH and I'm sure the missing players each have their own varied personal reasons for their position, just as the administrators would have for each of those players. It just seems to me no surprise players aren't doing what ever it takes to play under a regime so obviously rife with incompetence, infighting and ego.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First evening at home in a while, perfect, England v WI starting at 8pm on fox sports.

WI have had a nightmare in terms of preparation. Windies have a weak top order, but bowling should be good. No Chris Gayle.....no Narine, No Dwayne Bravo,.....no Pollard, would be a different story with those four.:cool:

Edit: B C Lara in the pre-match....awesome!

Off for a early dinner to get home by 8pm.

Why?

Windies have England at 2-10, should have been 3 but Trott stayed in after a confident appeal and DRS got him off.

Kemar Roach was bowling brilliantly....needs support from Edwards today.

Chanderpaul is a pleasure to watch, absolute concentration, no fear, pure resilience. England are lost in a method to dismiss him.

s**t I hate England, Go Windies.

BTW - Tassieboy, where the hell are you?

Three quarter of the way thru Brett Lee's book.

I didn't realize, that during the Ashes tour in England, in the series where McGrath trod on a ball, that Brett Lee sued one of the newspapers over there for slander.

A substantial out of court settlement was made to Lee for the paper calling him a cheat in reference to a catch the Lee took.

Another story of Brett Lee from his book.

Talks about umpires that he did/didn't get along with.

GH's mate Steve Bucknor from the West Indies gets a mention as a favourite of Lee's.

Goes onto say that Lee, would field out at square leg with Bucknor standing along side him. Lee used to sing 'No Woman No Cry' and 'Buffalo Soilder' to him inbetween deliveries with Bucknor and Lee dancing to the tune.

Lee believes he got more 50/50 decisions off Bucknor than any other umpire.

Another story of Brett Lee from his book.

Talks about umpires that he did/didn't get along with.

GH's mate Steve Bucknor from the West Indies gets a mention as a favourite of Lee's.

Goes onto say that Lee, would field out at square leg with Bucknor standing along side him. Lee used to sing 'No Woman No Cry' and 'Buffalo Soilder' to him inbetween deliveries with Bucknor and Lee dancing to the tune.

Lee believes he got more 50/50 decisions off Bucknor than any other umpire.

In his day Bucknor was the best umpire, however, as the end was near, the bottle of grog a day had an effect on him.....was forced to retire.

Some good news on a s**t day.

West Indies 330/6 (98.1 ov)

Samuels and Sammy both with unbeaten centuries.

Samuels you may remember was banned for two years (incorrectly imo) for a betting scandal, and has come back well.

Sammy, in the face of adversity, led his team out of a slumber (6-130) to smash a unbeaten century with some of the best timing you will ever see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back