Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some stats.

The alarming 783 per cent surge in serious incidents of anti-Semitism across Australia since the October 7 attack

Yes, anti-semitism (and Islamaphobia) is up everywhere around the world, which shouldn't come as a surprise. The debate was whether prior to October 7th, Jewish schools were getting targeted so much they needed guards, this is not case.

3000 odd rockets / missiles were fired into a country one tenth the size of Victoria.
Do you let that continue?
They haven’t just woken up one day and said let’s bomb the s**t out of Hamas

Do Palestinians have a right to defend themselves?

There was a video and there was audio playing over the video. There was no video showing people actually chanting this was there? You know it's pretty easy to dub audio over video, my kids learn that stuff in grade 3 on their iPads.

It may have happened but it is telling that the group who leaked the video are unable to provide unaltered copies to police. If it is found they fabricated this that to me is as heinous as if the protesters had actually said it in the first place, disgusting race baiting.

Yes, it's actually worse than saying "gas the Jews" if they just made it up, which now appears to be likely. Like I said before, the AJA twitter account is disgusting.

That said, there is a lot of disgusting pro-Zionist accounts on Twitter, that have ramped up their depravity to eleven, since October 7th.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say that anti-semitism is increasing right now.
Their “home” country is currently slaughtering innocent people.
People with origins from any country doing this would experience the same. When China caused Covid people were discriminating against Chinese people even if they were born elsewhere.
It’s not right obviously, but Jewish people aren’t unique here.

Yes, anti-semitism (and Islamaphobia) is up everywhere around the world, which shouldn't come as a surprise. The debate was whether prior to October 7th, Jewish schools were getting targeted so much they needed guards, this is not case.

Prior to October 7th is a long time.
Schools didn’t beef up security because they were getting targeted.

What's the word for somebody like that

You're combative and an annoying provocateur imo with double standards and have a habit of mischaracterising my posts.

I've tried to ignore you as I prefer not to engage with you at all but you keep jumping out to take swipes.

The way media and politicians are throwing around the word 'anti-semetic' is ridiculous and dishonest imo.
The Nazi party were anti-semetic. It means hatred of all Jews.
These US college professors getting sacked are not that.
The right wing parties are using that word as a weapon and to cover up war crimes.
Netanyahu is a war criminal and the Israeli army commanders are racist maniacs.
They are complete arsholes. Doesn't matter what religion they are.
The majority of Jewish people are not like those far right nuts.

Some people will argue that Palestinians voted for Hamas therefore they pay the price for Hamas' actions.
Does the same logic apply to Israelis?
ie Israelis voted for their govt therefore they condone/approve/support what the govt of Israel is doing.
If what Israel is doing is genocide/ethnic cleansing, can we say that Israelis condone/approve/support genocide and/or ethnic cleansing?

We are constantly told that Israel is a democratic country.
How do the far right nuts come to power other than by getting voted in by the majority?

On the assumption that the 2 billion Arab-Israelis (that we are also constantly reminded about) aren't voting for these far right nuts, basic maths suggests that a sizeable proportion of the rest of the Israeli population (99% Jewish) are the ones handing power to these far right nuts.

IMO, it is therefore fair to say that the majority of Israeli Jews are like those far right nuts.
As we have seen around the world, there are a lot of Jewish communities who oppose what the Israeli govt is doing, and has done for years.
It is no coincidence that the people who oppose what the Israeli govt does, do not live in Israel, many of whom have left Israel.
IMO, it is therefore fair to say that the majority of Jews who are not like those far right nuts are non-Israeli Jews.

Netanyahu is a Nazi.
All the Zionists are Nazis.
The IDF and Mossad are no different to the Gestapo.
There hasn't been elections in Palestine for over ten years I think.
The population of Israel is only 73% Jewish, the rest mainly Muslim.
The diaspora that returns to live in Israel are mostly Zionistic I assume, but there is a large moderate Jewish population there that aren't Zionists.That is reflected by 'The Times of Israel' newspaper which calls out Netanyahu .

Doesn't really paint Palestinians in a great light there though, does it?

Horrific terrorist attack was 'correct' because of Israel's response to said attack after it happened.

Pretty much just highlights everything that's wrong with the Palestinian mindset.

Gee whiz....
What do you suggest they do better?

There hasn't been elections in Palestine for over ten years I think.
The population of Israel is only 73% Jewish, the rest mainly Muslim.
The diaspora that returns to live in Israel are mostly Zionistic I assume, but there is a large moderate Jewish population there that aren't Zionists.That is reflected by 'The Times of Israel' newspaper which calls out Netanyahu .

If you take out the Arab-Israelis, 99% of the rest are Jewish.
Of course there is a left-wing community in Israel, but they are only a small minority. Many of them are hounded out of the country for not supporting genocide and ethnic cleansing....as a Zionist shill on here posted a while ago 'because they are not with Israel'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But what should Palestinian civilians do?
If you were them.

Probably not openly support the terror group that's led them straight into this mess, to begin with.

Nothing will change with that mindset, especially if they're going to use mental gymnastics to justify an abhorrent atrocity committed on mostly civilians by pointing out that the (obviously excessive) response since justified the initial attack that happened before said retaliation.

It highlights everything that's wrong with the ME, especially the conflict between these 2 sides.

Neither side will take a step forward to resolve this conflict peacefully, because they have zero interest in doing so.

Civilians from both sides end up paying the highest price, as usual.

The way media and politicians are throwing around the word 'anti-semetic' is ridiculous and dishonest imo.
The right wing parties are using that word as a weapon and to cover up war crimes.
Criticism of the nation-state Israel is not antisemitic. Discrimination of Jewish/semitic people is. People try to conflate the two for their own purposes but their motives are pretty clear.

"Beating you up was justified because you beat me up afterwards in retaliation."

Do you see how stupid this sounds, if this 'poll' is indeed correct?

"Violence breeds violence, repression brings retaliation, and only a cleaning of our whole society can remove this sickness from our soul." Robert Kennedy

If Israel's aim is to disempower Hamas their actions are not working and are in fact a resounding failure.

"Violence breeds violence, repression brings retaliation, and only a cleaning of our whole society can remove this sickness from our soul." Robert Kennedy

If Israel's aim is to disempower Hamas their actions are not working and are in fact a resounding failure.
Pretty sure I acknowledged that.

Believing something that happened before is justified due to the response itself is plain moronic though.

The AJA us the peak representative body of Australian Jews. It's not a huge stretch to suggest that a lot of Australian Jews support what's going on in Gaza right now.

Some people will argue that Palestinians voted for Hamas therefore they pay the price for Hamas' actions.
Does the same logic apply to Israelis?
ie Israelis voted for their govt therefore they condone/approve/support what the govt of Israel is doing.
If what Israel is doing is genocide/ethnic cleansing, can we say that Israelis condone/approve/support genocide and/or ethnic cleansing?

We are constantly told that Israel is a democratic country.
How do the far right nuts come to power other than by getting voted in by the majority?

On the assumption that the 2 billion Arab-Israelis (that we are also constantly reminded about) aren't voting for these far right nuts, basic maths suggests that a sizeable proportion of the rest of the Israeli population (99% Jewish) are the ones handing power to these far right nuts.

IMO, it is therefore fair to say that the majority of Israeli Jews are like those far right nuts.
As we have seen around the world, there are a lot of Jewish communities who oppose what the Israeli govt is doing, and has done for years.
It is no coincidence that the people who oppose what the Israeli govt does, do not live in Israel, many of whom have left Israel.
IMO, it is therefore fair to say that the majority of Jews who are not like those far right nuts are non-Israeli Jews.

Netanyahu is a Nazi.
All the Zionists are Nazis.
The IDF and Mossad are no different to the Gestapo.
The nutters get in via mix of electoral gerrymander, deception about policy and single issue vote harvesting. I’m also unclear if in Israel’s case fraudulent ballots were an issue. Iirc they had to have multiple elections before a working government could be formed and the delay pissed many off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back