Its tine to make Gary Hincks a life member

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see the club post about Garry on the website:

Great that the club included him in ceremony of the unfurling of the 2016 flag.

Ran into Gary in Perth a couple of years back. He was waiting outside Wesley church for a classical concert. I said hello, long-time Bulldogs member etc, but as much as I tried to chat about all things Dog he was more interested in the quartet, one of whom (pretty sure it was the clarinet player) may have been related? Anyway, we talked music that day, not football. He was a sweet soul to be around, and I told him how his support for the club was legendary. Condolences to family and friends.

I recall Garry being asked/interviewed after a Dogs’ exhibition match in London why he attended the match. He gave a matter of fact answer stating he attended all Dogs’ matches. Legend! RIP Garry.

From the dogs fb page tonight.

" For one last time.
Garry’s support will live on forever
❤️
"

239448450_10159302534807487_6261912916321252536_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They should reserve a seat at all games going forward. And another idea would be to commission a statue at Whitten Oval ala Yabba at the SCG. Can have Gary sitting in the stands at all times.
This has to happen. When the new grandstand gets done for sure. I'd be happy to chip in for it. Or even perhaps call a part of the new grandstand the "Garry Hincks Grandstand". The Yabba statue is a good idea though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back