Recommitted Jack Billings [re-signed until 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

No inside info at all, but I wonder if the Hawks are looking. Wing-half forwards is something we're lacking, he's young enough to suit us rebuilding and we have more than enough dollarydoos to play with. FA so wouldn't impede our draft hand.

To cap it off, he's a left footer and currently injured. Just what we like to acquire.
It's a pretty good fit. Could see him getting himself going with the Hawks.

He’s a perfect fit for carlton Essendon and hawthorn, although we could do with more outside run.

Would take him at Essendon. Is clearly a good footballer who is only 26 which means he fits on every list in the league.

Only question is if the club can fit his inflated Free Agent salary into the cap. If you can easily like North then why not?

Just a reminder of what he was averaging prior to rupturing his plantar fascia earlier in the year:

24 disposals (elite)
1.5 goals (elite)
7.3 score involvements (elite)
7.3 marks (elite)
1.8 marks inside-50 (elite)
379m gained (elite)
100.3 AFL fantasy points (elite)
106 SuperCoach points (elite)

Was probably coming 2nd in our B&F at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a reminder of what he was averaging prior to rupturing his plantar fascia earlier in the year:

24 disposals (elite)
1.5 goals (elite)
7.3 score involvements (elite)
7.3 marks (elite)
1.8 marks inside-50 (elite)
379m gained (elite)
100.3 AFL fantasy points (elite)
106 SuperCoach points (elite)

Was probably coming 2nd in our B&F at the time.
He’s averaging 20.1d and 0.8 goals for the year

I had a look at games played and would love to know where this apparent 24d and 1.5 goals comes from cause I couldn’t see it?

What sample size were you using? Using a small sample size isn’t a great representation.

Looking at his games from previous years there is the exact same inconsistent spread of numbers that he returned this year.

I had a look at games played and would love to know where this apparent 24d and 1.5 goals comes from cause I couldn’t see it?
Surely if someone says that a guy is averaging a particular set of numbers prior to getting injured you’d go back to the start of the season and work from there and once you do that it would be very obvious.

Those numbers I mentioned were what he averaged for the first month of the season. I initially posted them in the rolling AA thread on the main board at the time, as he obviously would have been in AA contention if he’d kept up that sort of form for the whole season.

He then ruptured his plantar fascia in the warm-up of our game against Richmond in R5 though and his numbers for the next couple of weeks in particular took a big dive (had just 14 disposals in each of the following two games).

He had a bit of a resurgence for a couple of weeks after that, before being pretty mediocre from that point on, until his current injury.

Probably as a result of his fitness dropping off as a result of not being able to train much between games (as reported) and probably getting needles to play.

Last edited:
Surely if someone says that a guy is averaging a particular set of numbers prior to getting injured you’d go back to the start of the season and work from there and once you do that it would be very obvious.

Those numbers I mentioned were what he averaged for the first month of the season. I initially posted them in the rolling AA thread on the main board at the time, as he obviously would have been in AA contention if he’d kept up that sort of form for the whole season.

He then ruptured his plantar fascia in the warm-up of our game against Richmond in R5 though and his numbers for the next couple of weeks in particular took a big dive (had just 14 disposals in each of the following two games).

He had a bit of a resurgence for a couple of weeks after that, before being pretty mediocre from that point on, until his current injury.

Probably as a result of his fitness dropping off as a result of not being able to train much between games (as reported) and probably getting needles to play.
Because I didn’t imagine you were hanging your hat on such a small sample size as 4 games lol.

For a player who is known to have wildly fluctuating form.

He averaged 20.1 and 0.8 for the year. Those are in line with what he has always produced.

I’m not sure why a month of footy is especially relevant for a 26yr old player

What sample size were you using? Using a small sample size isn’t a great representation.

Looking at his games from previous years there is the exact same inconsistent spread of numbers that he returned this year.
Lol, he literally said before he got injured.

I didn’t know what round he got injured, and surprise.. if you Google billings and injury it doesn’t narrow it down lol.
Tore his plantar fascia in the warm-up against Richmond rd5. Played that game and the following exclusively as a forward. Then he moved back to the wing until around the bye with barely training and needing injections in his foot to get up every week.

Tweaked his knee just before Richmond game in rd15, pulled out late of that one then has played primarily half forward with small amounts on the wing since then.

I didn’t know what round he got injured, and surprise.. if you Google billings and injury it doesn’t narrow it down lol.

Lol it says Richmond Rd5 in the post you quoted.

With respect if he was that good you'd be re-signing him.

Clearly has talent but not what we need - Newnes and Betts are nearly done too.

Yeah agreed, not particularly keen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back