Traded Jack Redden (2008-2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

'I need a fresh start': Redden explains request to leave Lions

"I just feel like my football has gone stale over the past two years and I need a fresh start," Redden said.

"I feel like a fresh environment will help me get back to playing to my potential."

Redden spoke to coach Justin Leppitsch on Tuesday and he said it was a hard conversation to have.

"It was one of the toughest things I've had to do," Redden said.

"I've got so many great friends at Brisbane and have built up a lot of great relationships over the years.

"I respect the footy club so much. That's why this is so hard."

Player Reviews: Part Six

Averaging 23.7 disposals from 17 games in 2015, midfielder Jack Redden found plenty of the ball, but struggled at times with the effectiveness of his disposals. His best game came in Round Five where he had 33 disposals and five tackles against the Suns, and later in Round 13, where he had 26 disposals and kicked a goal. At the end of his seventh season at the Club, the in-contract 25-year-old expressed interest in being traded.

Hey guys, it may be a bit of a touchy subject (apologies if it is), but I have read a bit in this thread about young Jack, and not sure if we do get him are we getting anyone that can help fix any of our midfield problems.
Jack seems to like the contested stuff which is good, Priddis and Shuey need a bit of a chop out.
Can people give me a better idea of what he may bring if he does come in your opinion.

After being gifted Yeo, I hope your club does not get bent over trade wise. Pretty disapointed that your team is bleeding so much. I lived in Bris for a while and loved watchint the bears years ago, so I do have some affinity with your club.
All the very best in the future (unless its against the Eagles!:p:D)

Regards
DtF

Do you think that if we do get Redden he will help? and how? Not sure he slots straight in. Maybe he sqeezes Hutchings out?

He does all the gritty stuff without the accolades. He will rack up the tackles very easily and uses the ball on both feet. I personally think his long ball kicking is good, it is his short field kicking which lets him down. He does have the tendency to just throw it on his boot once he wins it, but you can say the same about most inside mids.

I think he will slot in well in your midfield, as for who he would replace, I'm not too sure. If you get him and Jetta, I think it'll be a good trade period for you guys.

He does all the gritty stuff without the accolades. He will rack up the tackles very easily and uses the ball on both feet. I personally think his long ball kicking is good, it is his short field kicking which lets him down. He does have the tendency to just throw it on his boot once he wins it, but you can say the same about most inside mids.

I think he will slot in well in your midfield, as for who he would replace, I'm not too sure. If you get him and Jetta, I think it'll be a good trade period for you guys.
Thanks for the reply morgs. Need him in the guts to help Priddis/Shuey. Masten lacks size and presence so maybe him.
Apparently Redden got engaged to his Girlfriend the other day, whos from Adelaide...So I would have thought he'd be keen to return to SA for her sake?
Weird. Maybe he is a real man and has decided to **** chivalry! :eek:

Wish I was as tough and cool as him. I would be if my wife let me.. :cry:

Thanks for the reply morgs. Need him in the guts to help Priddis/Shuey. Masten lacks size and presence so maybe him.

Weird. Maybe he is a real man and has decided to **** chivalry! :eek:

Wish I was as tough and cool as him. I would be if my wife let me.. :cry:

Yeah, I'm probably the same as you. I do whatever I want...when I have permission!:p

Not bad for someone announced as Jarrad Redden on his draft day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the the ‘R‘s from ‘08. They brought a bit of hope to us all during some bleak times. Only Richy left now.

Remember at the time we pipped Melbourne to him, though he seemed to be a bit of a bolter to outsiders. Was hoping E. Smith might have been a similar selection, but wasn’t to be.

Happy he tasted some success at the Eagles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back