Certified Legendary Thread Jack Trengove

Remove this Banner Ad

Un******* real that we had this diagonsed as a 6 week layoff nearly 2 full years ago and here we are going into 2015 with him as bad as ever

The medical staff will be feeling mighty guilty at the moment
Yup. LTI him immediately and hope for the best, or try and pick up a plug and play rookie?

Yup. LTI him immediately and hope for the best, or try and pick up a plug and play rookie?

We could delist him and redraft him as a rookie, or we could just leave him LTI and upgrade a rookie from day 1 next year

I would be all for us giving Mitch Robinson a year

We could delist him and redraft him as a rookie, or we could just leave him LTI and upgrade a rookie from day 1 next year

Not a bad idea. Rookie him and give him the slot, tell Jack that he isn't playing in 2015.

We've gone from dreams of Danger to Robinson :(
Still think we're going to cook something up. There's still clubs out there - Carlton, Fremantle, Port - who are after a KPF.

Wonder if we might try to do a deal with the Dockers. Although haven't heard anything.

Not a bad idea. Rookie him and give him the slot, tell Jack that he isn't playing in 2015.

Yup, Tell robinson to play on the edge as he does and get on the inside and win some footy
Allows Watts, Vince, Garlett etc to sit more on the outside

Robinson would be a good pick-up, but I don't think it's a good idea to have both he and Garlett in the same team.

This could all be for the best, I was a little worried about giving up Trengove cheaply and him really coming good at another club when getting past the injuries.

Roosy showing disinterest in Jetta really fired a spark, might do the trick again here.

I feel bad for him. The injury is the main thing but it must hurt your pride a bit when as ex-captain we try to get rid of him then reluctantly keep him. There are real questions for me as to how we've handled him considering we all know he has been running around like a slug for 3 years now. He was never fast but so often he looked that far off the pace when he was playing. That's not the player we were seeing early on and it did not happen for no reason.

Robinson would be a good pick-up, but I don't think it's a good idea to have both he and Garlett in the same team.

Worst thing that happens they get on the piss and we terminate the contract mid season
Just add a clause specifying that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worst thing that happens they get on the piss and we terminate the contract mid season
Just add a clause specifying that

That might save some money but it still becomes 2 holes on the list for the rest of the year.

I was very keen on Robinson until we traded for Jeffy, it really doesn't come across as a good idea considering what went down at Carlton.

That might save some money but it still becomes 2 holes on the list for the rest of the year.

I was very keen on Robinson until we traded for Jeffy, it really doesn't come across as a good idea considering what went down at Carlton.

Meh, upgrade some rookies

I don't think 2 potential holes on the list is a big deal when there are numerous guys who get ltis anyway

Plus at a guess id say more guys make the most of there second chances than piss it away fevola style

Steve Johnson and matty stokes were 2 that were trouble makers at the cats but turned it around

Michael Johnson at the dockers
Jake king etc

The fevolas and cousins of the world were addiction related an not just being stupid on a night out

Problem being this isn't exactly a team with a lot of depth and most of those rookie spots are being used on actual 'rookies'.

There's some players that can't be on the same team, I don't know if you're into League but I look at these two as being the Blake Ferguson and Josh Dugan of the AFL. Re-uniting them isn't a good idea.

Wish him all the best, I really wanted him to come to Tigerland for a fresh start. After watching a bunch of his interviews, he is probably the most impressive person I have ever seen interviewed in the AFL. Love that sought of attitude.

If he doesn't come good, it won't be through lack of belief!

Wish him all the best, I really wanted him to come to Tigerland for a fresh start. After watching a bunch of his interviews, he is probably the most impressive person I have ever seen interviewed in the AFL. Love that sought of attitude.

If he doesn't come good, it won't be through lack of belief!
It was the reason he was made the youngest captain in AFL/VFL history. Absolute quality human. His sister is also a tribute to her parents.

Sorry to hear this news , thought it was a positive deal all round . All the best to JT , hope he can get a slice of luck for a change

Can I tell you, it wasn't positive all round

The positve vibes Richmond fans got from JT in 3 days we've had for years

He's a fan favourite and a damned good bloke

We were all mostly shocked to hear he was on the table let alone re injured

No offence meant of course but him moving to Richmond was not a positive for most fans

It was the reason he was made the youngest captain in AFL/VFL history. Absolute quality human. His sister is also a tribute to her parents.

Not saying that's not right, but I got the impression it was so that Schwab could give the fans a record and something to slightly cheer up about.

Tough luck guys.

Its not the end of the world though. Just ask Mitchie. He suffered what was it 2 or 3 seasons where he couldn´t play due to similar foot problems. Kept on re-injuring it. Now he´s completely over it.

So, was it only Richmond that picked up the injury recurrence, or did Melbourne actually know as well?

If Melbourne knew and were trying to flick him off to Richmond - good. Paul Roos trying to sell off a broken used car, AFL is a ruthless industry.

If Melbourne's medical staff DIDN'T know - what the hell are they doing? The whole lot of them need to be sacked.

So, was it only Richmond that picked up the injury recurrence, or did Melbourne actually know as well?

If Melbourne knew and were trying to flick him off to Richmond - good. Paul Roos trying to sell off a broken used car, AFL is a ruthless industry.

If Melbourne's medical staff DIDN'T know - what the hell are they doing? The whole lot of them need to be sacked.

Everyone found out on the Monday morning, Melbourne hadn't tested him for a month or two, Richmond's staff the most recent test.

Everyone found out on the Monday morning, Melbourne hadn't tested him for a month or two, Richmond's staff the most recent test.

Yeah, impression I got was that he did some damage being put through his paces? Then again, that was what I read from the way it was reported, which could be complete bollocks anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back