Certified Legendary Thread Jack Trengove

Remove this Banner Ad

He's out of contract at the end of next year right? I think we'd want to see him play a couple games towards the end of the season just to help ease our minds with re-signing him. If he had more time to go on his contract we'd probably not play him at all if he misses the pre-season totally which looks likely.

He's out of contract at the end of next year right? I think we'd want to see him play a couple games towards the end of the season just to help ease our minds with re-signing him. If he had more time to go on his contract we'd probably not play him at all if he misses the pre-season totally which looks likely.

Mahoney already said we're committed to his long term future.

Good to hear. Would be a nice move to sign him for a two or three year deal (on not a lot of money ofc) now. Think it would send a good message to the footy public.

Everyone found out on the Monday morning, Melbourne hadn't tested him for a month or two, Richmond's staff the most recent test.

Spot on. Anyone who claims they knew he failed the medical prior to Monday are full of it and just rolled the dice and got lucky. Both our clubs and now the media are all confirming it. I had a chat with someone close to this, and if it was only a 6 week then ok for the pre season type injury we would have still gone a head. Unfortunately the scans showed further damage to the naviclar<sp>.

I really and sincerely hope he proves the doctors wrong and it would be a victory of sorts if he plays a game before mid year.

I really think and would not be surprised if he can play 6 games in a row late in the year with zero pain that my club would re inquire to trade for him again. If he and your club was still open to it. He Impressed a lot of people at the RFC

I said something back a little about delisting him and adding him to the rookie list but i would be happy if we offered him a 1 year extension to 2016
Concentrate on getting fit so he can try and play again without worrying about contracts

I said something back a little about delisting him and adding him to the rookie list but i would be happy if we offered him a 1 year extension to 2016
Concentrate on getting fit so he can try and play again without worrying about contracts

This is a good idea. Extra year at the minimum.

I really think and would not be surprised if he can play 6 games in a row late in the year with zero pain that my club would re inquire to trade for him again. If he and your club was still open to it. He Impressed a lot of people at the RFC
There is zero chance of us trading him in that instance.

So, was it only Richmond that picked up the injury recurrence, or did Melbourne actually know as well?

If Melbourne knew and were trying to flick him off to Richmond - good. Paul Roos trying to sell off a broken used car, AFL is a ruthless industry.

If Melbourne's medical staff DIDN'T know - what the hell are they doing? The whole lot of them need to be sacked.
That's the $69,000 question my friend

That's the $69,000 question my friend

Trenners had already stopped running a couple of weeks ago because of the soreness. Dees would have done the scan in a week or so. Previous tests had shown good healing.

I'd extend him by a year to end of 2016 if the experts believe there is a good chance he can recover.

Trenners had already stopped running a couple of weeks ago because of the soreness. Dees would have done the scan in a week or so. Previous tests had shown good healing.

I'd extend him by a year to end of 2016 if the experts believe there is a good chance he can recover.
I'd extend it anyway. Take the pressure off him like GWS with Patton and back the guy in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd extend it anyway. Take the pressure off him like GWS with Patton and back the guy in.
Yep. Wouldn't be breaking the bank on the extension either, would just be an 'average' player salary. Definitely a cut on what he's currently earning.

And that's after the initial 2 years of not knowing what was wrong... Geez, what sort of radiation repelling powers does this bloody foot have?
Jack 'lead foot' Trengove

Last edited:
Jack doesn't wanna be with us anymore, delisting him would benefit us. His foot is rat s**t, it's not gonna heal properly, yet we have to keep him listed. He was looking forward to moving to the tigers, any player that WANTS to head to another club can g&gf.

Jack doesn't wanna be with us anymore, delisting him would benefit us. His foot is rat s**t, it's not gonna heal properly, yet we have to keep him listed. He was looking forward to moving to the tigers, any player that WANTS to head to another club can g&gf.
Care to share where you're getting this s**t from?
Richmond approached us, the move wasn't initiated by trengove, and trengove said he would rather stay at Melbourne.

Care to share where you're getting this s**t from?
Richmond approached us, the move wasn't initiated by trengove, and trengove said he would rather stay at Melbourne.
Of course trengove is gonna say that. thinks that he's gonna say "yeah I want out" now he can't leave? As if. Open your eyes, he had his medical before it was even announced that we were considering the trade.

So your argument is "of course trengove would say he wants to stay", but you don't apply that to "of course the richmond people would say he wants to go to them".

Of course trengove is gonna say that. thinks that he's gonna say "yeah I want out" now he can't leave? As if. Open your eyes, he had his medical before it was even announced that we were considering the trade.

Nah mate, he was probably open minded but he never 'requested' a trade
We were open to the offer which ment he had to be

Remove this Banner Ad

Back