grayza

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2003
Backstage
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham
hi guys...ill admit im a Pies fan, but im not trolling, just wondering what sort of a season could we expect from Schuback?

is he part of Craig's plans? he looked good in the few games he played last season, but i havent heard much of him this preseason (admittedly i havent heard much about the Crows at all)

some feedback would be good

cheers :)

He's probably behind quite a few blokes at the moment. I think the coaching staff will prefer to give Mattner, Reilly, Skipworth, Jericho and Van Berlo senior experience ahead of Schuby this year.

Seems like he has the tools to be an AFL player, he may only get limited opportunities this season though. I expect only a handful of games for him this year.

pext said:
Seems like he has the tools to be an AFL player, he may only get limited opportunities this season though. I expect only a handful of games for him this year.

i had that feeling as well

i wouldnt mind him at collingwood though, has pace, good skill and can kick goals...something our midfield needs at present LoL

He needs to play consistently well for Glenelg and give the match committee no reason not to pick him. If he plays at a consistently high standard he will have to be picked, especially if the crows are going to be losing a few game as so many are expecting

crows98 said:
He needs to play consistently well for Glenelg and give the match committee no reason not to pick him. If he plays at a consistently high standard he will have to be picked, especially if the crows are going to be losing a few game as so many are expecting
Well said.

I don't expect him to play this week but I do expect him to play some games this year. He's had a bit of an interupted preseason with a shoulder reconstruction so he will take a bit of time to get himself into gear. Many people doubt him but I still think he could develop into a good AFL player.

I'm one of the doubters that Stiffy referred to. ;)

I don't think Schuey will make it because he is limited in the number of positions he can play.

He's not tall, yet he's not a crumber. He's definitely not an on-baller. Too small to be a HBF on a permanent basis. Seems to lack intensity at times.

The only spots I can see that he would be suitable for are HFF and/or wing. Given that we have better options than him for these spots, and that this is his 4th year with the club he genuinely has his work cut out to stay on our list at year-end.

I hope he makes it - but I do doubt it.

macca23 said:
He's not tall, yet he's not a crumber. He's definitely not an on-baller. Too small to be a HBF on a permanent basis. Seems to lack intensity at times.

Sounds just like Adam Ugrinic - played like he had electrodes on his whatsits and legspeed beat the charge. That combined with warped rubber bands for hamstrings put paid to the lad, but I digress.

Schuey may yet surprise us all, but yes, seems far too one dimensional for this level.

Stiffy_18 said:
Well said.

I don't expect him to play this week but I do expect him to play some games this year. He's had a bit of an interupted preseason with a shoulder reconstruction so he will take a bit of time to get himself into gear. Many people doubt him but I still think he could develop into a good AFL player.

You know Stiffy, I think you Looooooove him.

I think he will be delisted at the end of the year.

drakeyv2 said:
You know Stiffy, I think you Looooooove him.

I woulnt go that far, but I do like what I have seen of him also.
But he will be just a fill in player and I dont believe he will be delisted, cause there are much worse ones on the list that will go before he does.

He has shown glimpses but he is just not up to this level on a consistant basis. I dont see the point in keeping him, he will never amount to anything special so why not get rid of him to create a spot for a young guy to come in next year with a supposed great draft looming.

He can produce very good football in patches. We only need look back to the Hawthorn game last year where he was superb, but he needs to find it on a consistent basis-which will come from being given an opportunity. Hopefully Craig will give him that opportunity.

snakebite01 said:
He can produce very good football in patches. We only need look back to the Hawthorn game last year where he was superb, but he needs to find it on a consistent basis-which will come from being given an opportunity. Hopefully Craig will give him that opportunity.

I could have got a kick against hawthorn last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back