Jake Carlisle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers lachie charm.

Did he say anything else on us and Carlisle or his possible destination?
Pretty much said he can't see anyway Jake is at the Bombers next year from what he has heard (which Lloyd rejected based on vibes and feelings lol).

Nathan Brown then piped up and said he knows someone at Essendon who says Jake is very mentally fragile/weak. Says a lot when your own club think so poorly of you.

I was told a while back that members of Essendon staff commonly say "I wouldn't even piss on him if he was on fire" :eek:

Pretty much said he can't see anyway Jake is at the Bombers next year from what he has heard (which Lloyd rejected based on vibes and feelings lol).

Nathan Brown then piped up and said he knows someone at Essendon who says Jake is very mentally fragile/weak. Says a lot when your own club think so poorly of you.

I was told a while back that members of Essendon staff commonly say "I wouldn't even piss on him if he was on fire" :eek:

Geez. Not a great report, but I'd rather we found out now than after parting with a first rounder and committing $600k or more a year to him!

Geez sounds like he has done something to pee them off pretty badly if the guy who said that is a reasonable person

Am I the only one who didn't see the need for him? What position were we going to play him in that would be better than our young stocks already? I thought we needed the mobile CHF but Carlisle doesn't want to play that position?

poorly of you.

Jeeze that's harsh, did he reveal himself to be AdamH or something...

Am I the only one who didn't see the need for him? What position were we going to play him in that would be better than our young stocks already? I thought we needed the mobile CHF but Carlisle doesn't want to play that position?
by all reports he doesn't like playing forward and wants to play as a backman... But seems there is a lot more going on then a case of the sads

it has to be a pretty sad state of affairs for his family though, bulldogs fanatics by all accounts, being treated like that at essendon, spoken of in those terms, and knowing his beloved dogs don't want a bar of him now.... you add all that up and mental fragility isn't really a justified claim. I know i'd be bloody heart broken in such a situation.

I know this is all recent and his sads were cracked some time ago... but still. I don't know the full story, not going to claim that i do. I won't be making judgment calls, if nothing else, i am sad that such a promising talent could have been a massive in for us in the backline... but life is sadly not a fairytale...

it has to be a pretty sad state of affairs for his family though, bulldogs fanatics by all accounts, being treated like that at essendon, spoken of in those terms, and knowing his beloved dogs don't want a bar of him now.... you add all that up and mental fragility isn't really a justified claim. I know i'd be bloody heart broken in such a situation.

I know this is all recent and his sads were cracked some time ago... but still. I don't know the full story, not going to claim that i do. I won't be making judgment calls, if nothing else, i am sad that such a promising talent could have been a massive in for us in the backline... but life is sadly not a fairytale...
Not all Bulldogs fanatics. There's some Carlton blood in there. It's where i think he'll end up.

We're never interested but I was told by a family friend who is someone senior at Essendon 4 months ago that we had the biggest offer in front of him. That wasn't correct. We are not chasing him after our investigating. I won't say why but he has a few issues not drug related, nor are they illegal and it's not gambling. He also just won't fit our culture. Basically I can't say whether he will stay or go, but it won't be to the Dogs, which is a massive shame because I wanted him.

Hi Pann, is it the same reason he wasn't drafted by us back in 2009?

Cheers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alot of rumours coming out of Bomberland about his mental state but I have full faith in our JMac n co to know that they wouldn't be swayed and make rash decisions because of some rumours and generalized opinions coming out of a club that is total mess and going through the toughest and most stressful few years in the history of the AFL. Of course there's going to be cracks appearing at Bomberland amongst players and staff, to think otherwise considering what their going through would just be naive. JMac n Co will take all of that into account and I'm sure will take all the rumours with a grain of salt.

Having said that Carlisle is severely overrated on these boards IMO, which is understandable considering how well he's played against us in the past, but if you watch all of his games those were definitely just an anomaly. I also think our current backline stocks have got us set up VERY well for the future, Cordy Jr has potential, Hamling and Roberts are guns and although Talia needs alot of work IMO, if he works on his decision making and disposal under pressure I think he can work his way into Beveridges offensive rebounding philosophy, because he already is a good natural 1on1 defender.

Roberts, Hamling and Talia are all only 22yrs old, so just need 1-2 more pre-seasons to put on some more good weight and they will be fine, Hamling has REALLY good athleticism (Elite 20m dash and vertical jump at combine) and Roberts contested marking is awesome. They also all have more than enough height to hold down key posts, for example Harry Taylor, Luke McPharlin, Ted Richards, James Frawley and Michael Hurley are all 1.93cm and Rance is 1.94, compared to Hamling and Talia who are both 1.94 and Roberts who is 1.96.

I would much rather us spend the money on a good mobile ruckman, which is a necessity with the direction football is heading (the benefit of big bodied/tall mids like Bont/Macrae is the ease they can get ahold of ruck taps, eg look at the recent strength of Sandilands to Fyfe, Kreuzer to Cripps and Goldstein to Ziebell), and that might even end up being a bigger boost to our backline overall since it gives us more flexibility with Roughhead who can go back to defend the occasional giants if needed. Also when it comes to the cap space needed for Carlisle, i'm worried about keeping all our rapidly improving talent, even though it doesn't seem like a problem so far, there's no doubt Boyds big contract will put pressure on our cap down the track, and with the rate that some of our youngsters are improving it's not going to be easy to keep everyone IMO. I'm sure the club will be doing everything it can to keep the big guns like Bont, Stringer and Macrae, but I'm more worried about the likes of JJ, Dahl and Wood whose prices are rapidly increasing every game and we know other clubs have already made moves on some, also the likes of Stevens, Webb and Mclean etc who might slip under our radar. Or maybe i'm just paranoid and scarred from Harbrow and Ward.

Considering Llyod works at the club on a part time basis I would take his word over Nathan Browns also don't agree with the club saying his mentally fragile and the club doesn't want him that's just absurd.

Last edited:
Considering Llyod works at the club on a part time basis I would take his word over Nathan Browns also don't agree with the club saying his mentally fragile and the club doesn't want him that's just absurd.

Essendon can't really afford to lose anyone, of course they will want to keep him. As for mentally fragile surely there would be quite a few that have had this whole saga hit them a lot harder than others have. They are all humans at the end of the day

Essendon can't really afford to lose anyone, of course they will want to keep him. As for mentally fragile surely there would be quite a few that have had this whole saga hit them a lot harder than others have. They are all humans at the end of the day

Been mentioned a few times that some players are coping with it better than others the last thing the club wants to do is piss off players after what they've gone through.

I'm not overly surprised we're not into Carlisle - yet as a club we tend to like to hold our cards close to our chest (i.e. nobody here noted we had observers at every Tom Boyd game last year until October, we were into Biggs most of the year, etc) so rumours regarding the Bulldogs tend to hold less water than others.

In this case though, we haven't even been shy in who we're chasing as a tall backman - Henry Schade mentioned by more than one source. Tassie boy so there is a small lure of being closer to family, Roughy's a potential ruck, Fletch hasn't played a full adult year without injury, Talia jury is still out and the Hammer is going well but playing well above expectation.
We want another KPD.

I'm continuing to hear that the club are still interested in him regardless of what has been said publicly.

He wants to stay in Victoria and the only other viable option he is interested in is the Hawks.

Talk has cooled on him coming to us but I think this is more a ploy than actual non interest and he will now be available for much less than his asking price last off season.

I'm continuing to hear that the club are still interested in him regardless of what has been said publicly.

He wants to stay in Victoria and the only other viable option he is interested in is the Hawks.

Talk has cooled on him coming to us but I think this is more a ploy than actual non interest and he will now be available for much less than his asking price last off season.

Would certainly be interested in him at the right price. Our first pick say around 15 would be fair imo & as we are now genuinely approaching a premiership window, slotting him into our back half would improve our defence considerably.

Having said that, I wouldn't be offering him silly money that could impact on our salary cap, given that we want to keep our talented kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back