Prediction Jake Stringer-All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

thanks mate

im so proud of jake...ive been on his bandwagon since draft night and it feels special watching his journey from the very start
When we drafted him I knew he had potential, but his size and playing position kept me somewhat skeptical for a while (Jarrad Grant nightmares)

Been big on him since he started kicking bags last season though and I recently bought a number 9 guernsey also. That game against Essendon he really turned it on, it should've been a matchwinning performance, but alas, that other bloke named Jake stole the limelight that day.

We must be realistic and not expect him to be the main man of our forward line (Boyd will be that man), but as a matchwinning finisher who can adapt to different situations say through midfield, high half forward, deep forward, on the lead or at ground level etc, he'll be lethal at that for us.

Massive thumbs up to the medical and s&c staff for what they've been able to achieve with strings. Incredible how far he's come physically from when he arrived at the club.
He's still got a long way to go.

If he stays around the FWD line for the rest of his career, you'd reckon he'll get a few more (i.e. 5+). There isnt so much competition in his medium fwd position, and he can win out there nearly every year (as he can play tall and small, he has a larger string in his bow than the other mid fwds).

Lets hope for a few more from the package.

I've loved watching him play from day dot, but I didn't anticipate he'd be an All Australian at 21.

He won't rest on his laurels. Maybe he doesn't apply himself like other players do, but he's got the talent and the confidence to go to another few levels yet.

He's going to kick a bag of 10 or 12 someday, you can just feel it. Won't that be a bit special, Bruce.

Some hapless defenders in years to come will wake in fright yelling his name.

I was at a BBQ a couple weeks back and was talking about Jake and how brilliant he is as all fans do. One person piped up and said that it was his time at Geelong that made him the player he is now. At first I was confused then proceeded to laugh until I nearly fell of the stool I was sitting on. Not only does he provide entertainment on field but also off field when he isn't even there. AA well deserved!

He's a once in a generation player.
If I was an opposition club with $1.2 million to spend on poaching a franchise player, I would be throwing the $$$ at Stringer. Let's hope we can keep him in Bulldogs colours because he could be the best we've ever had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at a BBQ a couple weeks back and was talking about Jake and how brilliant he is as all fans do. One person piped up and said that it was his time at Geelong that made him the player he is now. At first I was confused then proceeded to laugh until I nearly fell of the stool I was sitting on. Not only does he provide entertainment on field but also off field when he isn't even there. AA well deserved!
Hah! Hope people get that sorted out eventually.

I hope jake knows he is only warming up
He mentioned that he's only at 60% of what he's capable of in an interview at the end of the season - good signs.
Last year was his real break-out year, expecting him to build on it

Jake Stringer says he’s only scratched the surface of his talents after finally overcoming leg injury
November 14, 2015 8:00pm
Neil Cordy in New YorkHerald Sun

IF you think Western Bulldogs excitement machine Jake Stringer is explosive now, in the words of Bachman Turner Overdrive, you ain’t seen nothing yet.

The dynamic forward says he’s only recently felt fully recovered from the badly broken leg he suffered as a 16-year-old and has plenty of upside to his already impressive athletic talent.

“I’m only starting to scratch the surface with my jumping, my power and my speed,” Stringer told the Sunday Herald Sun.

“It was only in the back end of this year that it started to click together nicely.”

Stringer badly broke his right leg playing for the Bendigo Pioneers early in the 2011 TAC Cup season. He missed the rest of the year and going into the 2012 draft there were serious concerns he may not return to the form that made him one of the nation’s brightest prospects.

The Bulldogs held their nerve and took him with pick five and have been reaping the rewards ever since.

v1

The good news for Dogs fans is he is only now feeling on top of his game.

“It’s taken me three or four years to get everything completely right after the broken leg,” Stringer said.

“My last year was the first year since breaking my leg that I didn’t have a burden and didn’t feel heavy and I had freedom in my movement. A lot of people think you’ve recovered after 12 months when the bones heal but you still have a long way to go. You have to literally walk before you can run and that’s just the start of the process.”

Stringer is currently in New York with the Australian International Rules team ahead of next week’s match against Ireland in Dublin.

The experience of playing and training alongside the game’s elite will do his development no harm at all.

While he is thrilled to be representing his country he’s already looking ahead to the 2016 season.

“I’m excited by the things we did last year,” Stringer said.

“It’s exciting for me to come back into pre-season and work on those little things that can help our game out and the team.

“We’ve got two big ins from this year as well, Matt Suckling has won a couple of flags at Hawthorn he’ll be able to help us out in big games. He’ll be crucial for us and so will Tom Liberatore.

“A lot of people forget ‘Libba’ was an All-Australian nominee and a best and fairest last year. He was massive in our engine room and his absence this year has allowed Mitch Wallis and Jackson McRae to develop their games, they’ve stepped up.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back