Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimp!

Standus Operatus
Feb 20, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
ManOfClay had the idea of starting a series which shows every goal kicked in Jake Stringer's career. Great idea :thumbsu:.

I will be putting these together every 7 or 8 goals that he kicks, and will update the thread when they are made. I am having a bit of fun with it, and have gone with a Duke Nukem theme, which works well.

Enjoy!

Nice one.
Stringer has kicked 7 goals from 20 kicks. Pretty good conversion rate of 0.35. If he can maintain that over his career he'll win a Coleman!
By comparison Jones has had 42 kicks for 11 goals (0.26) and Gia 51 kicks for 9 goals (0.18).

what the hell is happening at 1:06 with the doggies player hi-fiving the geelong player
Lol, that's the Geelong waterboy giving the Geelong player (Bartel?) a drink :p. Their shirts are mostly dark blue, so it looks like a Dogs player.

Aha :p My mistake.

The best one has to be that dribbling goal from the boundary. Just looks like it's a stock standard training drill. If that was acker it would have been a fist pump, 2 hand stands, 4 back flips and a cartwheel.. in a losing side

That's the difference and thats why everyone likes this kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tt4wO.gif

HaHa this is nice.
When he kicked the first goal and I said oh yes he would kick another 500 goals for the doggies.
Then he kicked the second and I said whoa he would kick another 900 goals for the doggies.

What do you think guys, how many goals he will kick this year and all time?
I will go 40 / 600s.

HaHa this is nice.
When he kicked the first goal and I said oh yes he would kick another 500 goals for the doggies.
Then he kicked the second and I said whoa he would kick another 900 goals for the doggies.

I will go 40 / 600s.
He'll probably play in the midfield for a while, whether he becomes a Pavlich type who spends more time up forward or spends more time in the midfield, is yet to be seen.
I'll say 30 and 500

HaHa this is nice.

I will go 40 / 600s.

Just to out-do you, 50 & 700s :D

Great thread!
I cannot believe this kid has only played 4 games.
He is so composed a sure in the way he goes about it and he kicks the ball a long way and kicks it straight.
Add in the fact he's built like a brick sh1thouse (just like Ablett senior) and we have something very special on our hands.
I don't give a rats how many games we win while we rebuild, I'm happy to go along and see the kids like Stringer show us glimpses every week of what they'll grow into.
Melbourne would kill to be able to go back in time and draft Stringer and Macrae instead of giving away their pick 4 for Dawes. Thank god we didn't go down that path...

Melbourne would kill to be able to go back in time and draft Stringer and Macrae instead of giving away their pick 4 for Dawes. Thank god we didn't go down that path...[/quote]

Although I'd love to stick the boot in the dees, they used pick 4 on Jesse Hogan, 17 year old key fwd killing it in the vfl. A guy we would probably swap Macrae for, but I hope I'm wrong

Although I'd love to stick the boot in the dees, they used pick 4 on Jesse Hogan, 17 year old key fwd killing it in the vfl. A guy we would probably swap Macrae for, but I hope I'm wrong

They got Jimmy Toumpas with pick 4 didn't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back