Traded James Aish (2013-2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

That must be based off last year's stats. This year he's kicked the ball eight times and two of those have been goals.

It's interesting waiting for the penny to drop though. He is still talked about as an elite kick, despite there being little sign of it at AFL level.

That must be based off last year's stats. This year he's kicked the ball eight times and two of those have been goals.

It's interesting waiting for the penny to drop though. He is still talked about as an elite kick, despite there being little sign of it at AFL level.

Could be based off this year. Hypothetically if he had six or less kicks in the back half and none hit their target, he'd be running at 0% which is pretty hard to beat.

Looking back at what we got for Aish from Collingwood, it was nothing short of daylight robbery. He will never be an elite player, looking at his output and the way he plays, he is nothing more than a depth player at best.

Looking back at what we got for Aish from Collingwood, it was nothing short of daylight robbery. He will never be an elite player, looking at his output and the way he plays, he is nothing more than a depth player at best.

Collingwood fans seem to be clinging desperately onto the "he checked out at Brisbane last season, will take him a while to find form again" thing.

Yeah the meltdown of "Lions were robbed" was pretty entertaining at the time.

We turned Aish into Basti, a second rounder (tied to STK), 38, 40 & a third rounder (tied to North).

In other words - Basti, the relevant points for Keays and *potentially* the relevant points for Rolls for Jimmy A...

Thanks for coming

Collingwood fans seem to be clinging desperately onto the "he checked out at Brisbane last season, will take him a while to find form again" thing.

"Will take a while to get the Brisbane out of him". Yeah, good luck with that.

I can't believe how average he has looked in his 2 games this year. Takes no responsibility, gives the ball up to a team mate under more pressure than him, has the hand balling technique of someone picking up a footy for the first time. Was he this s**t with us? He never looked the best but he never looked as bad as he is now. Won't take long before he is their new whipping boy, huge mistake moving to Melbourne it will be the death of his football career.

"Will take a while to get the Brisbane out of him". Yeah, good luck with that.

I can't believe how average he has looked in his 2 games this year. Takes no responsibility, gives the ball up to a team mate under more pressure than him, has the hand balling technique of someone picking up a footy for the first time. Was he this s**t with us? He never looked the best but he never looked as bad as he is now. Won't take long before he is their new whipping boy, huge mistake moving to Melbourne it will be the death of his football career.

Yeah, I'm not ruling out him being an okay player yet but if we even take the "he totally checked out at Brisbane" thing as granted, if that doesn't scream "unprofessional" and "mentally flaky", I don't know what does. If the pressure starts ramping up on him, how will he respond?

Yeah, I'm not ruling out him being an okay player yet but if we even take the "he totally checked out at Brisbane" thing as granted, if that doesn't scream "unprofessional" and "mentally flaky", I don't know what does. If the pressure starts ramping up on him, how will he respond?

He doesn't seem like he was the intestinal fortitude or the ability to respond IMO. He was a highly regarded junior player who was just simply ahead of kids his own age. Other players have caught up and have gone well and truly past him. Great junior players don't always become great AFL players, Aish is clearly in that basket at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because you think bum jokes are funny. You're in great company though, my 3 year old thinks anything to do with poo and wee is the funniest thing in the world.
yep it's taking me a long time to grow up. my 5, 7 and 10 year old grandchildren think it's funny as well i have spent the last 7 years as their primary day care provider.
their sense of humor may have rubbed off:)

He doesn't seem like he was the intestinal fortitude or the ability to respond IMO. He was a highly regarded junior player who was just simply ahead of kids his own age. Other players have caught up and have gone well and truly past him. Great junior players don't always become great AFL players, Aish is clearly in that basket at the moment.
He won't truly feel like he belongs until he covers his body in ink.

yep it's taking me a long time to grow up. my 5, 7 and 10 year old grandchildren think it's funny as well i have spent the last 7 years as their primary day care provider.
their sense of humor may have rubbed off:)

Saw you mentioned that before, you should be extremely proud of what you are doing :) Can only imagine how much joy you get out if it and what a close bond you have with your grand kids. Great to see.

Not to mention all the money you are saving your child by not having to pay for childcare ;)

Saw you mentioned that before, you should be extremely proud of what you are doing :) Can only imagine how much joy you get out if it and what a close bond you have with your grand kids. Great to see.

Not to mention all the money you are saving your child by not having to pay for childcare ;)
thanks appreciate it a lot. i am finding it a bit hard to adjust, the youngest started prep this year and my son and his wife have adjusted their working hours so i am not seeing them anywhere near as much. we are all members of the lions so we will see them at least 11 times this year.

i'm actually unemployed for the first time in my life (not on the dole) after retiring 7 years ago to look after them. my wife (she works full time) is always saying you on that bloody big footy again?

i got a call on monday morning that Lilly our beautiful 5 year old grand daughter wasn't going to school that day and would i be able to look after her, i found myself getting very happy all of a sudden and was over there in record time. she was fine just a bit of a sniffle and upset tummy.

thanks again for the kind words, i will take my whining/blue mood to a more appropriate thread if i need to in the future.

Delusional pies supporters reckoned the reason for his poor efficiency stats was that he was playing for brisbane

one even said

"cant soar like an eagle while playing with turkeys"

only turkey right now are them, close to the bottom of the ladder

molloy.jpg

corrie_1.jpg

WoodMain2.jpg

AISH%20James.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back