Traded James Aish (2013-2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting from Swann in the same article, wonder who he's referring to..

"The good thing from our point of view is we've got some opportunities with other players, not public yet, who want to come to Brisbane.

"We think we broke the back of the go-home factor last year with Beamsy (Dayne Beams) and Allen Christensen who have been fantastic for us.

"I'm going to sound like an ad for tourism Queensland here but the last month it's been 24 degrees every day, it’s a beautiful place to come and play footy and I think a few people are cottoning on to that."

We are going to get reamed

LOL, man I love this off season.
Comments like these only crack me up - I am past the point of getting upset about it.

Can't wait for trade period.

This whole trading future picks has become an interesting debate. Especially for a player like Aish who can be comfortably placed in the 15-20 pick. Now the onus is on the other club to finish there else we make out like bandits. Before any corporate finance guru here want to correct me on time value for money - agreed, but let me be at peace thinking we got some awesome value out of a future unknown pick :p

I dont care if aish goes. But if he nominated collingwood i am going to be so pissed. Could of got there last year.

I don't see the big deal. They aren't getting him for free. We still get compensated.

Aish quoted as being a slick ball user. Why have I never seen this?

You'll see it once he's not wearing our colors.

Remember Polec ? Line breaking outside mid with a booming 60m kick ?
Yeah, the one we never saw in Brissy but showed up in Port colors. That one.

Love the way you think but if we get a first rounder for Aish I'll be spending up big on Lotto that week.

Swann has set the stage in terms of expectations.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-19/lions-confident-martin-will-stay-resigned-to-losing-aish

"The ability to trade future draft picks hopefully helps to get a deal done because if you can't do it this year, maybe you can give us something for next year.

"We certainly won't sit there and accept a pick in the 20s because that's not fair and we won't do that.

"He's a good kid, he did finish fourth in the Rising Star last year so he's a good player, he's just been a bit unlucky this year.

"We'd certainly like to keep him but it doesn't look promising at this stage."

Season review: Brisbane Lions

Disappointment
James Aish. Is on his way out of the club and played like it when given the chance. After an excellent first season, the talented South Australian let himself down in year two, averaging 14 disposals in his 11 games. Injury derailed him, but poor form was a bigger worry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints join the race for James Aish

St Kilda has joined the race for out of contract Brisbane Lion youngster James Aish, who is weighing up approaches from a number of clubs.

Collingwood and Carlton have also shown interest in recruiting the ex-South Australian midfielder, whom the Lions still think is likely to leave, although the club felt there was a "small chance" of retaining him.

Sources have confirmed that the Saints have made approaches to the Aish camp and made a play for the 19-year-old, who has not officially told the Lions he is leaving.

Aish's management has told the Lions that the player still hasn't informed him where he wishes to play in 2016. Brisbane has had a contract offer on the table since early this season, but with no discussions about the deal, the Lions have long expected that he would leave.

Brisbane Lions haven’t given up hope of keeping James Aish after exit interview

BRISBANE midfielder James Aish may not be kissing the Lions goodbye after all.

The 19-year-old has been widely tipped to depart the Gabba when his contract expired at the end of this season.

There is still a very good chance he will leave.

But his actions in the past few days have given Brisbane a slight ray of hope that Aish, who met with senior coach Justin Leppitsch last week, may do a backflip and remain a Lion.

Aish did not tell the club he wanted a trade when he fronted the coaching staff for his end-of-season review earlier this week.

He also attended the team meeting at the end of the individual season reviews. Players leaving clubs rarely attend those forward-planning meetings.

Tigers turn attention to Lions midfielder Aish

RICHMOND is among the clubs interested in Brisbane Lions midfielder James Aish, who is expected to be on the trade table next month.

Having tried hard to lure Greater Western Sydney star Adam Treloar to the club, the Tigers are understood to be in the mix for Aish as they look to bolster their impressive midfield unit.

The No.7 draft pick has also attracted the interest of Carlton and the Magpies, who appear set to be two of the major players in the exchange period. St Kilda has also expressed some interest in the classy ball-user.

"If he doesn't mind, we'd prefer that he stayed. Could somebody let him know?"

abe-simpson-gif.gif

Someone needs to hand him a note in the toilets.

"We like you, do you like us?"

YES/NO (please circle)

Followed by a press release "Lions and Aish seen holding hands at big lunch, reportedly going steady".

Re-sign or enter the draft: Lions' ultimatum to Aish

BRISBANE Lions football director Leigh Matthews has given James Aish a simple ultimatum – re-sign or face going into the draft.

Aish, the out of contract 19-year-old, has yet to decide on his future despite a new offer from the Lions sitting on the table for most of the year.

Speaking on Adelaide radio station FiveAA on Wednesday, Matthews said he was confident the South Australian would recommit at the Lions, but had bad news if he didn't.

"James Aish will either be playing at the Lions or he'll be going into the draft, he won't be traded, that I can guarantee you," Matthews said.

Leppa confident on Aish

BRISBANE Lions coach Justin Leppitsch is adamant James Aish is a "pretty good" chance to be at the club for 2016.

Despite reports throughout the season suggesting Aish was as good as gone, Leppitsch believes the out-of-contract 19-year-old is still yet to make up his mind.

"We'd like to think James is going to stay," Leppitsch told Channel Nine.

"He's away at the moment in Bali, having a good time and just relaxing. Hopefully the decision's pretty imminent.

"We think it's (a) pretty good (chance he will stay).

"James all year has been undecided, I think it's been played out a lot in the press, I think he's pretty comfortable about staying at the Brisbane Lions."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back