James Hird trying to drag Collingwood, Hawthorn and West Coast through the mud now

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue and Gold Blood

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 1, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
west coast
HERALD SUN
JULY 31, 2013 11:19AM

http://m.perthnow.com.au/sport/afl/...g-the-boundaries/story-fniv64tz-1226688416519

JAMES Hird suspected Collingwood players were pushing the boundaries and that West Coast was "definitely up to something'', according to new claims in the Essendon drugs scandal on Tuesday night.

Essendon's then sports scientist Stephen Dank allegedly wrote in a text to Hird last April that West Coast, Collingwood and Hawthorn were "biologically advanced''.

"We need to change our biology for a little while,'' Dank was purported to have replied in a text to Hird that was aired on the ABC's 7.30 program.

Not content with everyone else being made the scape goat in this saga, Hird is now trying to drag as many people down with him as he can. At what point do the AFL decide he is bring the game into disrepute?

Bloke is a disgrace.

[ Pretty much rubbish. Texts were sent privately and before this investigation.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...st-through-the-mud-now.1022544/#post-29400819

-Chief ]

Hird is becoming the master of deflection isn't he?

It's not the first time Essendon have thrown unfounded accusations at Hawthorn. Before the 1984 2nd Semi, at the insistance of Sheedy, Essendon reported the Hawks to the VFL for taking an illegal substance. Turns out it was a mixture of smelling salts and eucalytptus, used to clear the players' heads after receiving a heavy knock. That's why most long term Hawks fans don't think much of Sheedy ... or Essendon.

What an absolutely moronic view.

He sent a text message to a colleague nearly 2 years ago that wasn't uttered to anybody else, and now he's supposedly trying to deflect, and drag names through the mud?

You really think these texts were made public from Hirds end?

Idiots. I'd like to see all your old text messages made public for all to see, then we could say you were trying to do the same to the people you wrote about.

We have had the spin, lies and denials...Last resort deflection !

Surprised WC were not 'thrown under the bus' earlier by the Vic media.

What an absolutely moronic view.

He sent a text message to a colleague nearly 2 years ago that wasn't uttered to anybody else, and now he's supposedly trying to deflect, and drag names through the mud?

You really think these texts were made public from Hirds end?

Idiots. I'd like to see all your old text messages made public for all to see, then we could say you were trying to do the same to the people you wrote about.
But they are doing it better than those clubs now!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hird released his private text messages did he?

That's strange, I thought he didn't want them released.

What you think the Hird camp is the only one strategically leaking things? Cuts both ways

For what it's worth I thought Essendon would have gone down the "but everyone else is doing it" road much earlier in the piece.

Maybe now that the silly PR girl saying "don't be combative, it's your best hope of escaping serious sanction" is gone, Hird, Little and Co. (is there anyone else left standing in the Co.?) are free to try and drag as many people into the mire as possible.

First they tried to nail AD (good luck with that), now the Pies/Hawks/Eagles, who's next?

i think even the most ardent Essendon hater can see through this article.
i'd have to say it's the worst article written on the subject
It goes to motive.

If he truly believed other clubs were cheating and he felt he had to cheat to catch up, then it's motive.

The fact that he thought at a later stage that he was bettering their supposed cheating, it lends to building a case for guilt.

Given the current climate all three of the suspect clubs should be investigated to have their names cleared.

Mate the only reason our club's tissue is advanced is because we're masters of pointless 2km time trials and multiple 200 metre sprints in 35+ degree heat during December.

It also means we're a) Severely lacking in burst speed, b) lacking in muscle, c)More susceptible to impact injuries because of a) and b).

Our pre-season program is among the most demanding in the league. Wellingham, Cripps and Morton all noted this on coming to the club this year.

The only benefits to this are a) We recover better during and after games, b) We can run all day and c) We run out games better the longer the season goes (This is obviously highly debatable).

Hird's a nuffie for falling for Dank's BS as if Dank had any understanding of sports science he'd note there are obvious deficiencies in our approach which had been demonstrated by the number of injuries that we've copped in 2013 as well as our failure to compete at the same elevated levels of other clubs for four quarters (A combination of interchange management and the lack of burst speed/strength that I've mentioned).

Just part of the ongoing 'leaks' war. ASADA/AFL have been leaking like a sieve so Hird/Dank/Essendon have been leaking their own info to put their spin on this whole sorry mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back