James Hird will “eventually” get sacked by Essendon, says Mark Thompson

Remove this Banner Ad

You need to also look at the role Thompson had with the contents of the list, he has contributed to it in a big way, maybe to sabotage Hird's legacy.

Rubbish Cooney, gwilt, giles and McKennan were all recruited by hird. Bomber was gone by then.

You need to also look at the role Thompson had with the contents of the list, he has contributed to it in a big way, maybe to sabotage Hird's legacy.
You need to look at the role Hird played during trade week.

He hopped on a plane and left the country.

Bomber Thompson said someone slandered him about drugs and wild partying when he was considering coaching stints for 2015. Media rumour mill stuff he said. I wonder if Bomber kind of knows who was behind it, and is now also helping him out the door in a way you can never point the finger at him about it.

The rats are leaving the doomed bomber. Once great mates now one is taking a swipe at the other. I hope Hird stays on at Essendon for the benefit of the other 17 clubs
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ys-mark-thompson/story-fni5f6kv-1227417948956
But Hirdy still appears to have Dank in his corner ... all is not lost then?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...against-essendon/story-fni5f6kv-1227418746325

Dank said media reports into what occurred at Essendon during the supplements program in 2012, of which he was the mastermind, aren’t entirely correct.

“I think James Hird said it well yesterday at his press conference — there is no doubt there has been a very, very strong propaganda campaign run by the opposing side,” Dank said on Triple M.

“I know what was done and what wasn’t done — and if you have a look at what’s been written in the media, a lot of that has been a fair way removed from the truth in terms of how the program was run.”​

Retired North Melbourne premiership player Wayne Schwass questioned Hird's reference to media "propaganda" in his discussion of Mitchell's conduct after the weekend's match.

"The issue around the 'propaganda' commentary is [flawed]. It is what it is. We don't know exactly what was injected, but ... we do know there was an injection regime," Schwass told Triple M radio. "I think it was an easy hit to point it back at the media ... at the end of the day the Bombers were privy [to, or at least] part of a program that did exist. Perhaps that's something he may want to retract. I don't think he will thou

Well said Schwass. !!!!!!
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...cting-gesture-to-bombers-20150628-ghzz3g.html

Yes. The fact that he's employed as a coach, and paid more than the other coaches. Takes a lot of strategising to achieve that when you're a shithouse coach.
Are you saying he's a great strategist because he's getting paid squillions for a job he shouldn't currently have, or were you referring to his football strategies? If it's the latter, I'd say there's more evidence that Bomber Thompson is a great strategic thinker than Hird. If it's the former, you might have a point - I doubt any other coach could have held onto his job as long as Hird has under the circumstances.

I've just been reading The Devil's Candy, a book about the making of the film The Bonfire of the Vanities.

It's an excellent book about what has gone down in Hollywood lore as one of the great cinematic catastrophes. On its release the reviews of the film were appalling, but one comment really took traction: "You have to be a genius to make a movie this bad."

Well, I reckon you have to be a genius to turn a club like Essendon into what we see today.

Minor sideshow, but still relevant - But why would the Grand Prix Corporation and Premier Andrews want Paul Little as its Chairman? he can't run a football club, let alone keep Bernie Ecclestone happy! Maybe Toll Holdings will freight in the F1 tools and goods cheaper than Lindsay Fox perhaps does now at Avalon?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...ittle-in-top-job/story-fnpp4dl6-1227419275986
Grand Prix chaos amid claims Andrews Government wants Essendon chairman Paul Little in top job
Peter Rolfe and Monique Hore
Herald Sun
June 29, 2015 12:00AM

GRAND Prix chiefs have been plunged into chaos amid claims the Andrews Government was trying to insert Bombers chairman Paul Little in the top job.

Mr Little was last night in pole position to rise to chair of the Grand Prix Corporation amid frantic phone calls between Government figures and race bosses.

Cricket World Cup chief executive John Harnden had long been favoured for the position and had been anointed as Ron Walker’s replacement by the Australian Grand Prix board.

But the assured ascendancy of acting boss Mr Harnden is now being questioned, with Mr Little expected to join the board for the race.

The Victorian Government is understood to be more supportive of Mr Little’s candidacy for the top role.

The Andrews Government had so far refused to lock in Mr Harnden as Mr Walker’s successor — instead embarking on an international search for the best candidate.

The April 2015 "warning" of this move: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...-grand-prix-boss/story-fni0fit3-1227324498028

Essendon chairman Paul Little interested in becoming Melbourne Grand Prix boss
PETER ROLFE sports affairs reporter
Herald Sun
April 28, 2015 11:46AM

ESSENDON chairman Paul Little has thrown his hat in the ring to become the new head of the Melbourne Grand Prix.

The business tycoon told the Herald Sun he would be interested in the high-profile post to be vacated today following the retirement of long-time chairman Ron Walker.

Little — the former Toll Holdings chief — said he would happily take over one of the biggest roles in Australian sport.

“I’d be interested in it but I think there is a long way to go,” he said.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Retired North Melbourne premiership player Wayne Schwass questioned Hird's reference to media "propaganda" in his discussion of Mitchell's conduct after the weekend's match.

"The issue around the 'propaganda' commentary is [flawed]. It is what it is. We don't know exactly what was injected, but ... we do know there was an injection regime," Schwass told Triple M radio. "I think it was an easy hit to point it back at the media ... at the end of the day the Bombers were privy [to, or at least] part of a program that did exist. Perhaps that's something he may want to retract. I don't think he will thou

Well said Schwass. !!!!!!
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...cting-gesture-to-bombers-20150628-ghzz3g.html

images.jpg

Hird won't be sacked, they will not sack a club champion and great strategic thinker. Things will turn around soon, the club has had a difficult draw and the reckless and baseless decision by WADA to appeal has had a negative impact on the players. Trust ASADA and WADA to try and ruin another season for the bombers

There aren't enough ROFL copters in operation to satisfy your response, but here's one.

roflcopter.gif

I've just been reading The Devil's Candy, a book about the making of the film The Bonfire of the Vanities.

It's an excellent book about what has gone down in Hollywood lore as one of the great cinematic catastrophes. On its release the reviews of the film were appalling, but one comment really took traction: "You have to be a genius to make a movie this bad."

Well, I reckon you have to be a genius to turn a club like Essendon into what we see today.
good point. like it.

Minor sideshow, but still relevant - But why would the Grand Prix Corporation and Premier Andrews want Paul Little as its Chairman? he can't run a football club, let alone keep Bernie Ecclestone happy! Maybe Toll Holdings will freight in the F1 tools and goods cheaper than Lindsay Fox perhaps does now at Avalon?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...ittle-in-top-job/story-fnpp4dl6-1227419275986
Grand Prix chaos amid claims Andrews Government wants Essendon chairman Paul Little in top job
Peter Rolfe and Monique Hore
Herald Sun
June 29, 2015 12:00AM

GRAND Prix chiefs have been plunged into chaos amid claims the Andrews Government was trying to insert Bombers chairman Paul Little in the top job.

Mr Little was last night in pole position to rise to chair of the Grand Prix Corporation amid frantic phone calls between Government figures and race bosses.

Cricket World Cup chief executive John Harnden had long been favoured for the position and had been anointed as Ron Walker’s replacement by the Australian Grand Prix board.

But the assured ascendancy of acting boss Mr Harnden is now being questioned, with Mr Little expected to join the board for the race.

The Victorian Government is understood to be more supportive of Mr Little’s candidacy for the top role.

The Andrews Government had so far refused to lock in Mr Harnden as Mr Walker’s successor — instead embarking on an international search for the best candidate.

The April 2015 "warning" of this move: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...-grand-prix-boss/story-fni0fit3-1227324498028

Essendon chairman Paul Little interested in becoming Melbourne Grand Prix boss
PETER ROLFE sports affairs reporter
Herald Sun
April 28, 2015 11:46AM

ESSENDON chairman Paul Little has thrown his hat in the ring to become the new head of the Melbourne Grand Prix.

The business tycoon told the Herald Sun he would be interested in the high-profile post to be vacated today following the retirement of long-time chairman Ron Walker.

Little — the former Toll Holdings chief — said he would happily take over one of the biggest roles in Australian sport.

“I’d be interested in it but I think there is a long way to go,” he said.
Paid advertorial by Little?

Allows him to exit quickly and with full ego intact from EFC and the gathering s**t-storm (players v The Club).

Agree with much of what he has to say in print. Listening to him talk though, he is barely coherent.

Thompson is an alpha 'force of personality' type who will bring you glory; as long as you have the best CEO the game has ever seen, the best recruiter the game has ever seen, and a couple of the best father-son picks the game has ever seen. It also helps if your leadership group decide amongst themselves to take over the on-field coaching.

If he doesn't get those resources, he struggles. Not surprising he bailed on essington.

care to reply to the content of the post rather than making cheap personal attacks?

The content was crap. He's a bloody hopeless coach and led the players down the path of injections. Just think, you gave up Bomber for these blokes. Just another in the lost list of stuff ups by your stupid club. Enjoy your stuff ups.

Keep drinking that red, it keeps you delusional.

This business is so "out there" in every possible way and yet we have fruit cakes who keep finding new rants to defend the indefensible.

I think posters downplay the role Thompson played in this whole debacle. He comes on board toasted after eating umpteen sandwiches in the coaching box. Then demands the players need to get bigger. On board comes Robinson. Jim is a noob and thinks this a tremendous idea.

In Knights last season, he fielded 10 players with less than 50 games under the belt. In hindsight, they should have just appointed a hungry, experienced coach to take them to the next level.

Instead...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back