Past James Rose - delisted 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Cool, we have our ruck stocks set for the next 12 years.
Well they did play Towers in the ruck at times and he was number 1 for standing vertical leap in 2012.

Maybe they are going to play mids as rucks in the future and Rose will 2nd ruck to Towers.

Joking but is Longmire

Last edited:
http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2014-11-28/rose-relieved-to-be-a-swan

With a penetrating kick and strong hands overhead, Rose averaged 11 disposals in his five matches for South Australia in this year’s AFL Under-18 carnival, and also displayed his love for the physical side of the game. Rose, who also boasts an impressive natural leap, said he hoped to emulate the game of West Coast Eagles forward Mark LeCras.

“I really like how Mark LeCras goes about his football from West Coast,” he said. “He’s got a great ability to take an overhead mark and is super clean on the ground, so he’s someone I’ve sort of tried to model my game on.”

While he has played the majority of his junior football as a forward, Rose said he was also prepared to learn to play new roles should the coaching staff require him to.

“Up until this year, I’ve played that half-forward role,” he said. “But anything to get a chance in the senior team I’ll be 100 per cent ready for.”

Very nice

The more I think of it, it is a pick that addressed the needs. I mean look at what we got:

KPP- Albina Davis
Gun inside/outside mid: Issac Heeney
Elite Runner: Hiscox
Leadup HF: James Rose

Just need to look at a ruck in the Rookie draft.

Give the kid a chance.

How about when we picked Parker?
We had an abundance of midfielders.

He's a bit of a battler hey?;)

Good players aren't let go easily!
Ok. I have had nearly 24 hours to let it sink in. I over reacted and was a bit too harsh. My post was aimed more at the clubs decision to recruit another unknown that I dont think fits a need atm moreso than at Rose himself. But I guess it didnt come out that way. Alot of positive things being said about him by opposition supporters. Ill give him a bit of slack and I do hope he turns out a handy acquisition.

Ok. I have had nearly 24 hours to let it sink in. I over reacted and was a bit too harsh. My post was aimed more at the clubs decision to recruit another unknown that I dont think fits a need atm moreso than at Rose himself. But I guess it didnt come out that way. Alot of positive things being said about him by opposition supporters. Ill give him a bit of slack and I do hope he turns out a handy acquisition.
Hold the line with me mate, we're only 24 hours into betting against our drafters first live pick, the odds are in our favour here.

Was fairly non committal with the selection of Rose, but come around to it as sounds like he has a lot of scope to be moulded into a medium utility.

So that makes the draft:

Heeney- in/out mid
Rose - mid size utility
Hiscox - HB/wing
Davis- KPP
Lloyd - mid
Naismith - Ruck
Robinson- big inside mid

If we get a mature KPD (22-24 bracket) in rookie and perhaps a raw tall utility (190cm-195cm) it is the most complete positional draft you could ask for.

Was fairly non committal with the selection of Rose, but come around to it as sounds like he has a lot of scope to be moulded into a medium utility.

So that makes the draft:

Heeney- in/out mid
Rose - mid size utility
Hiscox - HB/wing
Davis- KPP
Lloyd - mid
Naismith - Ruck
Robinson- big inside mid

If we get a mature KPD (22-24 bracket) in rookie and perhaps a raw tall utility (190cm-195cm) it is the most complete positional draft you could ask for.
yeah, and I get the feeling they already have people in mind, ala Rose. TBH, i was all like WTF!(sorry, that came across teenage-ish), but you gotta back in our recruiters. We seem to have a lot of 6'0 to 6'3 guys on our list now.

Seemingly a punt taken by the recruiting staff.
Was he a chance of slipping through and being a rookie draft pick? Because he sounds like a prospect that would have been perfect for a rookie spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seemingly a punt taken by the recruiting staff.
Was he a chance of slipping through and being a rookie draft pick? Because he sounds like a prospect that would have been perfect for a rookie spot.

Would've gone somewhere in the national draft.

Pruess as a KPD in rookie would be amazing

I think we picked up a good kid here. The swans obviously spoke to him prior to the draft and outlined where he would sit in the grand scheme of things. In terms of comparing him with membrey, I dont think that much separates them but I think the main thing is character and integrity. The swans probably targeted that as the main attribute in a young kid with their first live pick.

At the end of the day I hope he becomes a great player for us.

I think we picked up a good kid here. The swans obviously spoke to him prior to the draft and outlined where he would sit in the grand scheme of things. In terms of comparing him with membrey, I dont think that much separates them but I think the main thing is character and integrity. The swans probably targeted that as the main attribute in a young kid with their first live pick.

At the end of the day I hope he becomes a great player for us.
Why does Membrey lack character and integrity?

Why does Membrey lack character and integrity?
For someone who quite happily pots Swans players, I am not really surprised you're defending someone who left the team for "more opportunity".

Which is just code for couldn't be arsed putting your head down and earning your spot.

You think Cunningham or Lloyd looked at our midfield and thought, "Geez, I better speak to my manager about getting a transfer to Melbourne or West Coast to get a run in their midfield..."

For someone who quite happily pots Swans players, I am not really surprised you're defending someone who left the team for "more opportunity".

Which is just code for couldn't be arsed putting your head down and earning your spot.

You think Cunningham or Lloyd looked at our midfield and thought, "Geez, I better speak to my manager about getting a transfer to Melbourne or West Coast to get a run in their midfield..."
So Josh Kennedy must lack character and integrity by your logic. Didn't he leave to get a better run at another team? Didn't Ted Richards?

Its extremely precious of us to say that players can come here for more opportunity, but they can't go anywhere else. I wish Membrey the best.

So Josh Kennedy must lack character and integrity by your logic. Didn't he leave to get a better run at another team? Didn't Ted Richards?

Its extremely precious of us to say that players can come here for more opportunity, but they can't go anywhere else. I wish Membrey the best.

As do I. I was just pointing out that you will happily pot Swans players, yet Membrey seems to be deserving of the benefit of the doubt.

Let's face it, with Goodes playing on, and if he stays fit (touch wood), there was no spot for Membrey. Can't blame him, and at least now he doesn't have to be accountable defensively.

Let's face it, with Goodes playing on, and if he stays fit (touch wood), there was no spot for Membrey. Can't blame him, and at least now he doesn't have to be accountable defensively.
Saints spend a hell of a lot more time in defence than we do.

I was not taking a shot at membrey or raising rose on a high pedestal. Membrey qas probably told to fight his way into the team even though goodes goes around again tjey probably promised him games just that he to work just that little bit harder. Rose knows all and well he won't be gifted games and knows he is at the bottom of the pecking order. Membrey didnt have the character to fight it out one more time. Good on him going to the saints and hope he has a great career, just not against us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back