Player Watch James Rowe - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Rowe is a victim of our determination to not have goal kicking small forwards anywhere near the goals. We took a goal kicker and tried to make him play up the field - taking away his main strength.

It would not surprise me at all to see him go to another club and become a very handy small forward.
Stengle 2.0? Put him down for All Aus in 2024.

Imagine how good James Rowe might be in a couple of years!

No, I admit, I underestimated Stengle's pace and power. Rowe's deadly accuracy in front of goal at SANFL level hasn't translated to AFL level and Stengle has also improved this part of his game.

There is no reason Rowe couldn't improve on his physical performance over another AFL pre-season or two and with fitness and confidence, could improve his accuracy in front of goal and therefore be a dangerous small forward at AFL level in the right team. I admit though, I couldn't have imagined Stengle would be as good as he has become this year. Full credit to him.
I think we are often too quick to write off players. Some take longer than others to develop. Of course, we also need to have the right development program in place to help facilitate that.

Give Davis another year then ?
I actually really like Davis. I think he's got something... but they don't ever really give him a good run at it. They obviously think there's something there too, or they wouldn't have hung on to him for so long. Who knows. Can't keep em for ever.

Imagine how good James Rowe might be in a couple of years!

No, I admit, I underestimated Stengle's pace and power. Rowe's deadly accuracy in front of goal at SANFL level hasn't translated to AFL level and Stengle has also improved this part of his game.

There is no reason Rowe couldn't improve on his physical performance over another AFL pre-season or two and with fitness and confidence, could improve his accuracy in front of goal and therefore be a dangerous small forward at AFL level in the right team. I admit though, I couldn't have imagined Stengle would be as good as he has become this year. Full credit to him.

I don’t think we make those roles particularly easy to perform offensively in. No surprise that CC and Stengle went to much higher levels elsewhere. Matty Wright did too, but off a lesser base.

There’s a lot I like about Rowe, definitely needs to be fitter, but I reckon our methods make it near impossible for him to succeed.

I actually really like Davis. I think he's got something... but they don't ever really give him a good run at it. They obviously think there's something there too, or they wouldn't have hung on to him for so long. Who knows. Can't keep em for ever.

We agree on Davis. For a sub 10 game player he’s never done anything that suggests to me that he’s not good enough at the level.

I know he's a Rowe but nothing in that story sounds rather clever. Swim in the Murray with an open cut, then get sick of waiting at hospital with an infection so go home instead.

All the best to him for his recovery, but crikey he's made a few errors of judgement there (which Rowey Sr seems very aware of).

I know he's a Rowe but nothing in that story sounds rather clever. Swim in the Murray with an open cut, then get sick of waiting at hospital with an infection so go home instead.

All the best to him for his recovery, but crikey he's made a few errors of judgement there (which Rowey Sr seems very aware of).
He's definitely like his dad.
Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

A few years ago I sliced my hand open pretty bad, luckily no stiches, and was due to go to my brother in laws bucks weekend that week on the Murray. Did not go in once and made damn sure no river water got anywhere near it!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is NOT the news a mother wants to hear when her son is currently in Bali! Hope James recovers.
If you cut yourself in the tropics .. pour neat betadine or similiar all over it .. then try and keep the wound clean and dry

No doubt - a great place to holiday and even windsurf. I am thinking that you didn't have a wound that was subject to infection like Rowe did though when partaking?
No, that would be stupid. It was just the "no matter what" bit I was commenting on. I see you meant this as a doctor's instruction now.

A few years ago I sliced my hand open pretty bad, luckily no stiches, and was due to go to my brother in laws bucks weekend that week on the Murray. Did not go in once and made damn sure no river water got anywhere near it!
Drank river water through a life straw for 25 days straight and never had an issue 🙃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back