Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indykaila

Rookie
Jul 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Hi all, I've been working hard at KFC and haven't had time to come onto Big Footy for some time. I apologize as I know you've missed my inside information on the transfer market. Anyway, this fat old campaigner came to my drive through window earlier and ordered 3 twister and 2 large fries. I told him we had a special family deal and it may be cheaper for him. I was shocked by his response. His 3rd chin trembled and he blurted out 'I'm not a farkkin wheeler dealer, now farkk off you little s**t' . Taken aback by this I tried to change the subject. 'Sorry sir, that'll be 24 quid........... Do you like football sir? Spurs are struggling for goals at the moment aren't they?

The fat campaigner looked me in the eye and said slowly.........'Spurs asked for Vardy but they couldn't understand Ranieri's accent. I've heard Jermaine Defoe is going back to the lane to help the one season wonder'

I hereby open the January transfer rumour thread. Let the Liverpool 'in for ' every current and former BVB player then SNUBBED lols begin!

I'd be surprised if Liverpool went to Dortmund too much, by all accounts the players were a bit sick of the sight of Klopp by the end.

We won't do much, maybe a full back if we have any more injury problems. Can't see anyone leaving though, although I wouldn't be surprised to see a "name" left out of the Champions League squad if we make it through to the playoffs. Can't really afford to go in with just Aguero and Bony as the forwards in the squad, and we need to squeeze Kelechi in there.

linked to victor andrade reasonably heavily from what i've seen.

once heralded to be as good as neymar at santos, had some attitude problems from what i read a while ago, didnt sign a new deal at santos and buggered off to benfica for free. now they apparently want 26 mil for him cos portugal

I'd be surprised if Liverpool went to Dortmund too much, by all accounts the players were a bit sick of the sight of Klopp by the end.

Where did you hear that? Everything I've read plus the glowing praise most of them have been going out of their way to give him in interviews/on social media seems to indicate precisely the opposite? Compare to Rodgers, whose poor relationship with many of the existing players has been widely reported, and appears to be supported by the deafening silence we've heard from most of them since his departure.

While I'm sure we'll be linked with a few players from his former club (Gundogan seems to be very fond of his former coach and his name in particular keeps popping up), Klopp has inferred that he prefers younger, less established talents that he can mould in his image. A large scale overhaul is unnecessary and unlikely to happen in my view, but as with any new manager I'm sure Klopp will have a few tweaks he'll want to make here or there.

Ruben Neves, Porto defensive midfielder and vice captain at the age of 18 is being talked up as a long term replacement for Lucas. 28m release clause because Portugal. Not sure if it will come in January or next summer, but there are strong rumours in the UK & Portugal that we're lining up a bid. A centre back to partner Sakho and a backup full back would be useful too. Pretty happy with our options elsewhere in the squad, just need to keep them all fit!

Can't see anyone leaving though, although I wouldn't be surprised to see a "name" left out of the Champions League squad if we make it through to the playoffs. Can't really afford to go in with just Aguero and Bony as the forwards in the squad, and we need to squeeze Kelechi in there.

You forgot about Nasri, Silva & Sterling, aren't they perfectly capable of playing CF?

I don't see Hazard being sold in Jan myself, maybe in summer if theres anything in these tabloid rumours. Real are the only club that worries me.

I think we'll have another crack at a CB(not sure which one yet) and with Cuadrado going to Juve permanently a winger will be chased. Yarmolenko and Konoplyanka being rumoured to be on our radar(Griezmann to, but I think thats only if Eden goes, fair replacement). Kenedy will probs get a loan somewhere in the Prem.

Would like us to go after a RB too, but not holding my breath.

Surely we will now sign Aubameyang, Reus, Gundogun, Kagawa, Hummels etc etc right? RIGHT!!??

Should be an interesting January though. I wonder if money will be made available for Klopp. I dont think it will. I think they will ask Klopp to do the best he can with what he has and then open the purse strings for him next summer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where did you hear that? Everything I've read plus the glowing praise most of them have been going out of their way to give him in interviews/on social media seems to indicate precisely the opposite? Compare to Rodgers, whose poor relationship with many of the existing players has been widely reported, and appears to be supported by the deafening silence we've heard from most of them since his departure.

While I'm sure we'll be linked with a few players from his former club (Gundogan seems to be very fond of his former coach and his name in particular keeps popping up), Klopp has inferred that he prefers younger, less established talents that he can mould in his image. A large scale overhaul is unnecessary and unlikely to happen in my view, but as with any new manager I'm sure Klopp will have a few tweaks he'll want to make here or there.

Ruben Neves, Porto defensive midfielder and vice captain at the age of 18 is being talked up as a long term replacement for Lucas. 28m release clause because Portugal. Not sure if it will come in January or next summer, but there are strong rumours in the UK & Portugal that we're lining up a bid. A centre back to partner Sakho and a backup full back would be useful too. Pretty happy with our options elsewhere in the squad, just need to keep them all fit!
Gundogan would smash your wage structure.

Surely we will now sign Aubameyang, Reus, Gundogun, Kagawa, Hummels etc etc right? RIGHT!!??

Should be an interesting January though. I wonder if money will be made available for Klopp. I dont think it will. I think they will ask Klopp to do the best he can with what he has and then open the purse strings for him next summer.

I agree. To be honest, I think if the owners doubted the quality of the squad and thought the players we have weren't sufficient to qualify for the CL this season then Rodgers would probably still be at Anfield. They made a significant investment in the summer on some very good footballers with the intention of helping Rodgers get the side playing his style of football again and he couldn't get them performing, so they've brought in someone who they think can make better use of this group. That'll be the short term focus for Klopp.

For that reason, I think that they'll back him for 1 or 2 quality signings but I doubt that we'll see a large scale rebuild of the squad. What I think everyone will be interested to see will be the calibre of players Klopp's name and reputation allow us to attract as opposed to his predecessor.

Gundogan would smash your wage structure.

Current wages of around £60k per week and rumoured to be asking for around double that (still far less than the wages we've offered inclusive of bonuses to the likes of Sturridge, Suarez, Gerrard, Sterling and even Milner in recent years), out of contract in the summer and refusing to sign an extension so the transfer fee obviously wouldn't be a problem. The money isn't the issue for us with regards to signing players like Gundogan, it's the inevitable competition we would have to fight off from high profile clubs around Europe. Ditto someone like Ruben Neves (chef). As I said, it'll be interesting to see what impact Klopp can have in this area of negotiations and whether he can improve our chances of attracting players from that top shelf of the transfer market.

Will Gundogan be someone we look at? Probably, it's fairly common to see new managers looking at players they are familiar with in their first transfer window to speed up the process of implementing their style, he seems to have a good relationship with his former manager and I think he'd be a good fit for us. Will we actively pursue him, and would he be interested in coming to Liverpool? Who knows. Klopp will probably want to get a good look at our current midfield options and figure out exactly what style of player he needs before sanctioning any big signings in that area, and it sounds as though Gundogan will have offers from the likes of Barcelona & Bayern to consider in the summer.

Last edited:
Current wages of around £60k per week and rumoured to be asking for around double that (still far less than the wages we've offered inclusive of bonuses to the likes of Sturridge, Suarez, Gerrard, Sterling and even Milner in recent years), out of contract in the summer and refusing to sign an extension so the transfer fee obviously wouldn't be a problem. The money isn't the issue for us with regards to signing players like Gundogan, it's the inevitable competition we would have to fight off from high profile clubs around Europe. Ditto someone like Ruben Neves (chef). As I said, it'll be interesting to see what impact Klopp can have in this area of negotiations and whether he can improve our chances of attracting players from that top shelf of the transfer market.
He was asking for 200k per week last summer....

Without having to pay a transfer fee you could justify those wages to the owner but not to the rest of the squad imo.

He may have relaxed his wage demands after last summer but history shows that most players do the exact opposite when out of contract.

He was asking for 200k per week last summer....

Without having to pay a transfer fee you could justify those wages to the owner but not to the rest of the squad imo.

He may have relaxed his wage demands after last summer but history shows that most players do the exact opposite when out of contract.

I thought that was euros?

Not sure. That's circa 150k in pounds i think if the 200k was euros. Wouldn't that make him your highest paid player?

Sturridge is on £150k/week taking bonuses into account, Gerrard about the same last season, Suarez around £200k/week in his final season. Henderson, Sakho, Firmino and Benteke are all on around £100k/week while Milner (also a free agent) is on around £130k/week.

£150k/week with bonuses for a player of his calibre doesn't seem too out of line with our pay structure. As I said, the money isn't the issue for us with respect to signing players like Gundogan. While we may not have had the consistent success to match in recent years, Liverpool have the finances of a 'big club' and are more than capable of paying the best players what they're worth. It's the competition for these players that we inevitably face from clubs with more recent success to their name and the prestige that goes with it that has seen us miss out on many of our key targets.

While Klopp will undoubtedly make us a more attractive destination for many players and increases our chances of making these sorts of signings, I anticipate that given the likely interest from Barcelona, Bayern etc in Gundogan, that competition would probably see us miss out again here if we did go into the race for him - hence I don't view him coming to Liverpool as a likely scenario at this stage.

Sturridge is on £150k/week taking bonuses into account, Gerrard about the same last season, Suarez around £200k/week in his final season. Henderson, Sakho, Firmino and Benteke are all on around £100k/week while Milner (also a free agent) is on around £130k/week.

£150k/week with bonuses for a player of his calibre doesn't seem too out of line with our pay structure. As I said, the money isn't the issue for us with respect to signing players like Gundogan. While we may not have had the consistent success to match in recent years, Liverpool have the finances of a 'big club' and are more than capable of paying the best players what they're worth. It's the competition for these players that we inevitably face from clubs with more recent success to their name and the prestige that goes with it that has seen us miss out on many of our key targets.

While Klopp will undoubtedly make us a more attractive destination for many players and increases our chances of making these sorts of signings, I anticipate that given the likely interest from Barcelona, Bayern etc in Gundogan, that competition would probably see us miss out again here if we did go into the race for him - hence I don't view him coming to Liverpool as a likely scenario at this stage.
Fair enough. Was more thinking the likes of Henderson would get shitty given he was lowballed when his contract came up for renewal.

Barca were into him in a big way last summer but wage demands IIRC stopped the deal. Would imagine that they'd still be frontrunners given the lack of depth in their squad, particularly in midfield.

Can't see United going after him again. After not buying a decent CM in 10 years we've bought 3 in the last 2 seasons and have a gun CM in Pereira waiting for a opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back