Jason Akermanis coaching aspirations

Jason Akermanis at your club as a coach?

• Yes

Votes: 48 33.1%
  • No

Votes: 97 66.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

time tends to heal all wounds in AFL, would be interesting to see what tactics and game style he'd employ

He would just make everything about himself.

which is probably why a player of his credentials has to coach in a lower league rather than going into an assistant role straight away, aswell as doing the certificates (which is a farce anyways because you have to be "invited" to do the 3rd certificate)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with the general consensus here.

He'd have a lot to offer a club tactically and educationally, but his attitude means he is likely to make everything about him. It would be a huge risk for a club to take and I'm not sure it's worth the risk. His form suggests he finds it difficult to stay away from the media, and even more difficult to not say anything controversial.

He is a very good coach in the ovens and murray and is exceptional in developing youngsters.
However the controversy still follows him.

In the world of a typical professional AFL business, that's half his CV sorted. The other half that describes
professionalism, leadership, collaboration and business acumen would read like a train wreck.....

Geezus.

No club could put such a destabilizing guy in charge, could they?

Guaranteed headlines though

591876-bcf977a4-62d6-11e3-be16-1445237cc09f.jpg

Geezus.

No club could put such a destabilizing guy in charge, could they?

Guaranteed headlines though
Well, the question says 'as a coach', not 'as the coach'. I'd definitely have him as an assistant coach of some sort, but not a position in public view. Someone behind the scenes. His expertise and experience would be of great value.

He is on record as senior coaches need to have experience as an assistant first ... to which he would bring his playing experience and his current coaching experience. I would happily hire him as an assistant (a role that does not come with media duties) although he might prefer to expand his resume at a different club than Brisbane ... so much potential and if he has not grown enough to keep it zipped then then assistant is as high as he will go.

Back