Jason Akermanis Highlights Compilation (15 minutes of Aker brilliance)

Remove this Banner Ad

The video really does show that Brisbane Akermanis was truly something else though.

Indeed. Video was a great reminder of how godly he was in the early 2000s. One of the kings of "hurt factor".

I feel like his 2004 season (19.88 disposals per game, 6.88 Inside 50s per game, 44 goals, 44 goal assists) in particular was one of the great all-time seasons for a half forward, and far better than his 2001 Brownlow year, too, albeit playing different roles. Backed it up with another great year that was also arguably better than his Brownlow year going back into the midfield in 2005 as well, as the Lions were on the wane.

Believe he was one of the best.
Also had the balls to out WC for their near impossible human feats.
Its funny these days someone who can kick and handball both sides of the body are called freaks

yep

probably take a position in the best 22 of the modern AFL era
Totally. How amazing is the slight sidestep he made when he had just taken possession of the ball, just to put a few extra inches between him and his opponents and sow some doubt in their minds before he turned on the after burners and tore away from them. Elite on both sides of his body and amazing in traffic, I rate Akermanis as equal to the best I have seen and I have been following the football since the late 1960's and saw the greatest of every era between then and now. I would rate him as the most skilled to have played the modern game. It is also fantastic to see the way his team mates responded to him in this video. For most of his career at Brisbane Akermanis was much loved.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back