Jenkins

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep i agree Atkins is soft as butter, he can be damaging to the opposition when hes out in space got things his own way but as soon as he gets any attention he goes to jelly. He cant hold or break a tackle, have a look back at that game losing goal that motlop kicked in the first showdown last year and the pathetic defending by atkins who avoids contact. Thats the biggest problem the team has got at the moment. To many softies.

Why do people think his short comings can be fixed with a few weeks in the sanfl. He will never be a good ruckman nor a good genuine tall forward. He will never be naturally aggressive nor play with urgency and intent. We pumped a 5 year contracf into a complete and utter donkey. The softest player to ever play 100+ games for the afc.

Stay classy JJ

I heard this today actually. Bit of a double edged sword. Jerka loved to flap his gums and I can see why he would get people offside. But I can also see how why he didn't get along with pyke and some of the other coaches given its become pretty clear it was a bit of a s**t environment.

I'd say I'm pretty happy with how JJs career progressed and also happy to see the back of the old coaching and admin crew.

I heard this today actually. Bit of a double edged sword. Jerka loved to flap his gums and I can see why he would get people offside. But I can also see how why he didn't get along with pyke and some of the other coaches given its become pretty clear it was a bit of a sh*t environment.

I'd say I'm pretty happy with how JJs career progressed and also happy to see the back of the old coaching and admin crew.

I'd put it as two things being right at the same time. The club appeared to be a pretty grim place for a few years there with misplaced ego being the order of the day, while Jenkins comes off as a white-ant.

Maybe I'm wrong, but nothing he's offered has given me any reason to change my opinion of him as a person; his abilities as a footballer aside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"I wouldn't change it"

What a load - so you were happy to play a grand total of 2 more games but you were stoked - yeah nah - he was another of the entitled, see ya Joshy.

I heard this today actually. Bit of a double edged sword. Jerka loved to flap his gums and I can see why he would get people offside. But I can also see how why he didn't get along with pyke and some of the other coaches given its become pretty clear it was a bit of a sh*t environment.

You see it in workplaces all the time where you have others niggling in the background pushing someone else to the front to speak up. It generally doesn't end well as they get seen as the trouble maker.

Given everything that happened with Jenkins and the public love of guys like Tex and Sloane, it's hard for people to accept that maybe they were not the leader of players at the time we needed. That's going over old ground though but it's a good case study of player leadership.

It was a horrible period internally for the club, I blame Jenkins for alot of things and I didn't really rate him as a player but I think he was conveniently blamed for a lot of the unrest.

Last edited:
A bit quiet on how he stunk up the place and then sulked about playing reserves in his final years.
He never sulked. Thst is an Urban Myth that arose out of a quote where he said he was pretty dark on being dropped. He explained later that he meant to say he was pretty dark on himself for being dropped and hoped to improve and get back in the team.

I don't understand the hate on this board for this guy. Sure there were aspects of his game that some people were not pleased with but he gave the club great service and was consistently one of the highest goal scorers in the league. He was a great replacement for Tippet. Very sad to see his career with the Crows end the way it did.

I certainly understand the criticism of aspects of his game but I find the character assassination hard to understand. s**t had gone seriously sideways and anyone that left under the aspersion of conflict with coaching/management gets a big tick from me. I hope he and Pyke came to blows and he punched that arrogant campaigner the * out.

Jenkins was a very good player for the Crows and key part of the team's success in the mid-2010s. He was particularly important to our forward structure. I think that it's fair to say that he has never been adequately replaced (although Thilthorpe should reach higher standards).

That said, he always disappointed by not using his massive frame to inflict pain on the opposition and it was unfortunate that things turned sour in the end in the aftermath of the Camp.

Unfortunately he received a final contract that was for too much money for too long a period of time and that seems to have soured some people's opinion of him as a Crow,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back