Past Jeremy Laidler

Remove this Banner Ad

Kinda funny that they say he could play forward. Don't let Laids know that. He's not a fan.

Can't believe we let this guy go. All Australian next near for sure. 2015 he becomes a GOD!!!!!

Am I doing this right?
:rolleyes:

That's one of 2 ways.

The other option is to head over the Sydney board and tell them about his chronic knee issues that have cut his career short, and that they're paying him way too much. Too much being anything above $0. In fact, his knees are so bad, that they both might explode simultaneously, possibly maiming Buddy and Tippett so badly they both become double amputees.

Or we could acknowledge that he had an outstanding 2011 and looked like being a cornerstone of our defence for a long time, was a very good team man, got injured at the wrong time, and found himself not in the plans of a new coach. We could not find blame for him wanting to further his career after obviously not being in our long term plans, and wish him well.

I've seen one poster suggest that Laidler was anything more than he was and now those that think he was out of line by not buying into Mick's plan are sarcastically bringing down every thread where Laidler is discussed. It's a little immature to be honest.

Laidler out to prove a point
“Yeah, I do. I just want to show people I can play at the top level,” Laidler said on Monday morning.

“I think I can play at the top level, and I can think I can help the Swans to drive for success. I’ll go out with a passion and a drive to try and help the team as much as I can,” he said.

“They just said they’re going to give me confidence to play footy, they said they’re going to give me a go.

“They said they’ve gone after me for a reason, I suppose they see me in the same mould as Marty Mattner which I’m pretty rapt about because he was an unbelievable player and I watched him a fair bit,” he said.

“In 2013 I came back and thought I’d have another good crack at it but then a new coach came in and he had different strategies and different people had wanted to play and I suppose I wasn’t a part of his game plan.

“So I had to plod away in the VFL and sort of try and enjoy my footy as much as I can which was hard,” he said.

“I said what can I do to get in the team, I suppose that’s why he chucked me down forward. I gave that a crack and I suppose I did my job.

“I went and saw him again and said I don’t think I’m going to play senior footy down forward for Carlton, can I play down back and try and get selected in the back line and I was still stuck in the VFL,” he said.
Laidler out to prove a point

Had a chuckle at Laidler saying he was plodding away in the VFL. :)

this interview was a real eye opener to me. how did bootsma get games again and again and get smashed while laidler did not. really strange to me. did malthouse have to make changes to justify his position. to me simpson to the wing laidler to the flank would have made a lot of sense. sounds like he got absolutely shafted, we lost a good player there. hope he plays 150 for the swans, really poor management in my opinion.

this interview was a real eye opener to me. how did bootsma get games again and again and get smashed while laidler did not. really strange to me. did malthouse have to make changes to justify his position. to me simpson to the wing laidler to the flank would have made a lot of sense. sounds like he got absolutely shafted, we lost a good player there. hope he plays 150 for the swans, really poor management in my opinion.

Really poor attitude on Laidler's part IMO - is what I got from that interview and his interview on trade radio a couple of weeks ago.

Because Boots did what was asked of him in the VFL & played better in the VFL than what Laidler did.

Laidler in the VFL circa 2013 was a far cry from Laidler in the AFL circa 2011.

Very disappointing to see Laidler go.

Much better footballer than White, McInnes and Bootsma and has proved it in the past.

All the best Laids. Hope you tear it up at Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very disappointing to see Laidler go.

Much better footballer than White, McInnes and Bootsma and has proved it in the past.

All the best Laids. Hope you tear it up at Sydney.

From the evidence we've seen from last year, he WAS a better player than those 3.

With a full preseason and a new club he may well find that form again, but he had well and truly fallen behind them at the Blues. Didn't shine in the seconds and really push for a seniors spot last year, so i'm confident we made the correct decision.

He started back on the 18th of Nov , went back with the 1-4 year players.
From what I have seen from videos and pics , he has done a couple of 3k time trial and joined in everything so far with no strapping on his knee , which is a good sign.
One thing I did notice , when he was standing there with guys like Rohan , Membrey , Rampe that are listed at 189cm , he looked a fair bit taller , I no he is listed at 189cm but do any of you guys know if that's right or have Sydney listed them 3 guys bigger than they are maybe ?.
Hopefully Everitt and Laidler can both be good players for each club in years to come :thumbsu:

All the best to Laids. If anything from my casual NBA viewing translates over to the AFL, hoping it's a case of a player just needing to find the right system for him to flourish again at the highest level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back