Solved Jill Meagher Murder: Bayley Appeal Rejected

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't really understand the "point" of this doco- yeah saw some new footage but didn't really learn anything new.

Just told from the POV of the police I guess..
I thought it was a pretty good doco actually, I mean there wasn't really much that has not already been said about the case itself given the media and public interest in it, gave some good insight.

Still can't believe he was not in jail at the time, a horrific failure

I thought it was a pretty good doco actually, I mean there wasn't really much that has not already been said about the case itself given the media and public interest in it, gave some good insight.

Still can't believe he was not in jail at the time, a horrific failure

True. Yeah the POV from the detective interviewing was definitely interesting- admire them for the job they do in all honesty, esp keeping emotion out of it, when really any other normal person would punch the scum bag in the face.

And again, spot on. When that woman said "we got him, we got him" my first thought were "well you ****ing had him already, how many times did you have to ""have him"""!!! Ffs..

I felt like it could've gone more in depth but I can understand why maybe they wanted to avoid looking too forensically into anything. Could've done a whole half-hour on the social media/sub-judice stuff, as well as the failures involved in him being out when he was. Seeing actual footage from the interview rather than still shots would have been interesting but there's presumably reasons they weren't permitted to do so. Was definitely an interesting glimpse into the life of the those who investigated at the time. I walk by Hope St and that alley all the time and it's impossible not to think of what happened there whenever I pass by.

I still think back to just after the case, when my mother who works in the justice field relayed to me an account of a woman who'd worked in prison with Bayley prior to his last release - she'd basically said it was obvious he was still a dangerous individual, he'd threatened her while she worked with him and those threats had been reported. How a guy who is a known rapist, who is reported for threatening a woman while incarcerated is then released on parole and allowed to stay out on parole after being charged with another offence... they say they've "fixed" it now but, for crying out loud, that should never have been something that was broken. An obscene failure.

Thought it was interesting.

A guy charged with 6 rapes each with a max of 25 years gets a total of 14 months for each... Instead of 125 years in prison he got 7 years....

No good politicians saying we will be 'tough' on crime if the rest of the criminal justice system doesnt join in.

Also, sat there wondering if the person or persons who killed Karen Ristevski were watching. Maybe they got a glimpse of how they have sort of stuffed up. Still surviving being charged but definately some suspect activity.

Taking your mobile phone and using one of the toll roads is a bad idea if your trying to hide or keep something from the police...bad idea. Speeding and driving through red lights are some of the others.

yes made my blood boil again,there is blood on the hands of the magistrates and the parole board-I think her husband is one of a class action sueing parole board hope they win big time. I used to trap rats alive and feed them to my python the look on bayleys face as he was led into court was the same the rodents used to give me.

yes made my blood boil again,there is blood on the hands of the magistrates and the parole board-I think her husband is one of a class action sueing parole board hope they win big time. I used to trap rats alive and feed them to my python the look on bayleys face as he was led into court was the same the rodents used to give me.

I read a lot of true crime stuff- but this case for some reason really got to me. I remember reading every single article in the paper, from when she disappeared, to the arrest, trial etc, and just crying- never have had such a strong reaction to a case before.

And when I see shows like this on TV, it just stays in my head for so long after seeing anything. Idk maybe I should stop watching things about it, reading stuff about it... idk

Sorry for crapping on.

Why isn't the full police interview released to the public?

Also one thing i can gather from this case is that a mobile phone must be switched on in able to be traced as they state that 2 phones went to the gravesite but only one came back.

But then Jills simcard is found in his washing machine and i recall reading that he smashed her phone in his driveway.

I would like to know more/again from the witnesses in the flats directly above when the attack happened. Was weird what they heard someone saying "dont go there" or something..

You just wonder if she had been able to scream/yell/ somehow indicate she was in trouble, maybe someone could have helped her.

Why isn't the full police interview released to the public?

Also one thing i can gather from this case is that a mobile phone must be switched on in able to be traced as they state that 2 phones went to the gravesite but only one came back.

But then Jills simcard is found in his washing machine and i recall reading that he smashed her phone in his driveway.

But they knew it was him from matching up the phone with/in the car at the same time. So had his license plate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A shame all the failed judges and parol officers aren't serving time with him

exactly...how that prick was still allowed to be walking the streets after countless rapes and assaults on people...

fk me the first time you choose to rape, murder or bash someone * off to jail and stay there forever.

Is it that hard...??

exactly...how that prick was still allowed to be walking the streets after countless rapes and assaults on people...

fk me the first time you choose to rape, murder or bash someone **** off to jail and stay there forever.

Is it that hard...??

And how the prick escaped the sex offenders registry.. and how the prick managed to "convince" them he was rehabilitated.

On the other hand- it's lucky he went to prison for those rapes (the 12 year sentence one) at all. IIRC I read one cop picked up the case and refused to let it go- no one else really gave a s**t because the victims were prostitutes.

Why too bad? They should've done. Better all round. Same with the guy that killed Karen Cachuti. Some people are beyond redemption. And I tend to be a Civil Libertarian on this board who is sceptical of most Guilty verdicts.

Eh. I think we are in agreeance on this- I mean like "shame he didnt die".

Shame too he didnt sustain any major injuries- didnt even need hospital treatment, damn it.

And how the prick escaped the sex offenders registry.. and how the prick managed to "convince" them he was rehabilitated.

On the other hand- it's lucky he went to prison for those rapes (the 12 year sentence one) at all. IIRC I read one cop picked up the case and refused to let it go- no one else really gave a s**t because the victims were prostitutes.

That angers me to hear. People are paid to do jobs and whilst I advocate professional judgement, it only re-emphasises the obligation to remain professional

This *er got bashed didn't he? Good. The parole board need to be held accountable.

.I used to trap rats alive and feed them to my python the look on bayleys face as he was led into court was the same the rodents used to give me.
Putting an animal though unnecessary suffering (and risk the snake getting bitten/injured/killed), then comparing them to a monster like Bayley? Did it for a thrill didn't you? Sounds like you got more in common with him than they do. Hell, sadists like Bayley probably tortured small animals before graduating to human beings.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back