Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys please excuse the intrusion. As a West Adelaide supporter I was hoping we would pick up John first seeing as Snelling has already had a shot at AFL and not succeeded. Plays mostly midfield goes and gets the ball and can kick a goal or two. Pretty sure that he will take this opportunity by the horns and become a good AFL footballer.

As a side note we are sitting bottom with one win and just lost two of our best players who have been averaging 60-65 possessions between per game with zero compensation from AFL HQ. Seems a rather cruel system tbh.

What's his defensive and contested game like?

John NOBLE (West Adelaide)
2019 SANFL

Totals
  • 7 games
  • 7 goals
  • 3 behinds
  • 4 times in best players list

Averages
  • 13.4 kicks
  • 8.6 handballs
  • 22.0 disposals
  • 5.6 marks
  • 3.1 tackles
  • 1.6 frees for
  • 0.9 frees against
  • 2.7 inside 50s
  • 1.1 rebound 50s
  • 92.14 AFL Fantasy points

2018 SANFL

Totals
  • 18 games
  • 6 goals
  • 6 behinds
  • 5 times in best players list

Averages
  • 14.7 kicks
  • 5.8 handballs
  • 20.5 disposals
  • 5.7 marks
  • 3.2 tackles
  • 1.4 frees for
  • 1.1 frees against
  • 3.9 inside 50s
  • 2.1 rebound 50s
  • 85.94 AFL Fantasy points

2017 SANFL

Totals
  • 12 games
  • 7 goals
  • 0 behinds
  • 2 times in best players list

Averages
  • 11.0 kicks
  • 5.3 handballs
  • 16.3 disposals
  • 3.9 marks
  • 2.9 tackles
  • 1.7 frees for
  • 0.9 frees against
  • 2.8 inside 50s
  • 1.8 rebound 50s
  • 69.33 AFL Fantasy points

I have to admit that I dont like the look of him. It is that hair. I seem to associate that colour with the irish and scottish who never seem to achieve anything useful in life. I only have to look at myself to confirm that. Maybe he's like Canelo Alvarez and his hair colour is completely out of character with his ancestry. I suppose if he doesnt work out we can use him to organise piss-ups and raids on the Carlton boys' lockers...

Welcome to Collingwood John Noble, we wish you all the success in the world. Please never visit this site or read this thread.

Keep it on topic legends. :thumbsu:

i've reconsidered. its stupid not to like him because of his hair colour. I need to focus on his footy. I really dont like the way he carries the ball when he's running with it. He wiggles it. I remember kids at school doing that. I never liked them.

Mmm, I see where you're coming from but I honestly expected us to pass. Like Ed i thought the pressing need was a KPD but my research showed there wasn't much talent about, thought we'd back in Goldsack and co if needed.

So to your point. If this was a National draft pick inside 3 rounds I wouldn't be thrilled but, as somewhat of a free hit, I kind of like it. He's quick and has good disposal on both sides. God knows we need those traits in our midfield. Even if he never plays it's worth a try. The only concern now is obviously the salary cap.

We were referring to Tom Phillips, not John Noble.

Probably the wrong thread to use to comment on him.

i've reconsidered. its stupid not to like him because of his hair colour. I need to focus on his footy. I really dont like the way he carries the ball when he's running with it. He wiggles it. I remember kids at school doing that. I never liked them.
Treloar also does that.

Lets see what he does in the VFL before making any Calls on him
Come on td, you have to call now, he is either a dud or the next superstar, got to make a call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on td, you have to call now, he is either a dud or the next superstar, got to make a call.

I think he is more chance of beind a Dud then a Superstar at the Moment but that not Based on Much

I think he is more chance of beind a Dud then a Superstar at the Moment but that not Based on Much
As you said earlier, we not know till he runs out onto the field.
Hine though is not bad at getting diamonds with late calls

As you said earlier, we not know till he runs out onto the field.
Hine though is not bad at getting diamonds with late calls

Agree. Hine has had some big hits with Late/Rookie Picks and he might of done it again

Hey guys please excuse the intrusion. As a West Adelaide supporter I was hoping we would pick up John first seeing as Snelling has already had a shot at AFL and not succeeded. Plays mostly midfield goes and gets the ball and can kick a goal or two. Pretty sure that he will take this opportunity by the horns and become a good AFL footballer.

As a side note we are sitting bottom with one win and just lost two of our best players who have been averaging 60-65 possessions between per game with zero compensation from AFL HQ. Seems a rather cruel system tbh.
That’s an excellent point.
What would you consider fair compensation?

No idea but losing 2 of your best players mid season deserves something....anything.

I agree. At a minimum, it should be capped at 1 player from any given team. That said, very happy to have Noble sign on at the Pies.

However the young man goes, its good to see the Noble footy Dynasty continue. Grandfather John Noble was a Great local North Hobart player in the 1960's, also well known publican of the Queens head hotel for many years. :).
His father David was a North Hobart Premiership player, now at Brisbane in the footy department.
It would be nice if the young fella does well enough to get a run in the seniors. Many here would like to see him in action.

However the young man goes, its good to see the Noble footy Dynasty continue. Grandfather John Noble was a Great local North Hobart player in the 1960's, also well known publican of the Queens head hotel for many years. :).
His father David was a North Hobart Premiership player, now at Brisbane in the footy department.
It would be nice if the young fella does well enough to get a run in the seniors. Many here would like to see him in action.

Could never accuse the family of going in for wanky new age names...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back