Jonathon Patton vs Tom Boyd vs Joe Daniher vs Jesse Hogan

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2011 then!

Since his breakout year in 2011 he really has not improved all that much, maybe Campbell, Crameri and Stringer can help him out a bit.

Anyway I loved the effort of your mob the other night, I'm really looking forward to seeing Hogan, hopefully Daniher and Hogan end up absolute champions.

Since his breakout year in 2011 he really has not improved all that much, maybe Campbell, Crameri and Stringer can help him out a bit.

Anyway I loved the effort of your mob the other night, I'm really looking forward to seeing Hogan, hopefully Daniher and Hogan end up absolute champions.

Cheers mate, and to be honest there's no doubt I'd take Daniher over Tom Campbell or Liam Jones.

Cheers mate, and to be honest there's no doubt I'd take Daniher over Tom Campbell or Liam Jones.

It's a no brainer really.
Do you know when we will see Hogan and Clarke play? I still think a forward line with any of Hogan, Clarke, Dawes and Watts could really pose a threat to any defence. you must be really looking forward to see them all on the park, fit and healthy all together.

What year was Jones in the top 5 for contested marks - either average or total?

And since we're picking out two good performances in 4 years as the benchmark of measuring a player, Lynch's 10 goal haul + 22 disposal/4 goal performance on premiership All-Australian defender Ben Reid would surely mean you take him over Stringer?
Actually hasn't been top 5. Equal 8th with Nat Fyfe in totals and 11th overall

It's a no brainer really.
Do you know when we will see Hogan and Clarke play? I still think a forward line with any of Hogan, Clarke, Dawes and Watts could really pose a threat to any defence. you must be really looking forward to see them all on the park, fit and healthy all together.

Hogan will play next NAB, Clark probably not till round 4-5 I'd say - possibly later.

Watts will play midfield - but add Howe in there and we're looking good!

Hopefully all the boys are hitting their straps by the time Clarky comes in, then we might win a couple of games!

Daniher's one of those players who was too tall for the TAC Cup so you can't entirely take his form there as gospel. He comes from good stocks too, and whilst he may need to put on weight and adjust to the level - he's at least gonna be a long term 30-40 goal a year forward.

Jones and Campbell are solid citizens, but Daniher could be a star.

Isn't this what was said about another key forward taken high in the draft, possibly in 2008?

Isn't this what was said about another key forward taken high in the draft, possibly in 2008?
Yeah, I'd take Watts over both those two and so would most

It would make just as much sense to though. This thread is basically "my team's young forward is a gun", what have any of these players done to neccesitate being talked up?

FWIW I never brought up Jones, it was an essendon fan whose only response was to compare daniher to players who have actually performed in more than one game.

Jones and Campbell are the next Coleman bosses. It is set in stone. But we'll recruit a recognised goalkicker just for funsies.:drunk:

The thread's about four massively-hyped key-forward kids who are starting their AFL journeys at around the same time. Neither nor Jones, nor Campbell is now, or was recently, a massively-hyped key-forward kid. Simple distinction.

FWIW, Jones, I reckon, could do all right.

Jones and Campbell are the next Coleman bosses. It is set in stone. But we'll recruit a recognised goalkicker just for funsies.:drunk:

Daniher is the next coleman boss. It is set in stone. But we'll recruit a recognised goalkicker in Chapman for funsies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniher is the next coleman boss. It is set in stone. But we'll recruit a recognised goalkicker in Chapman for funsies.

The recruitment of Chapman is an opportunistic aid in the short-term as we transition from Hurley, Crameri, to Carlisle, Daniher, to add some experience and maybe a few goals over the next 1-2 seasons.

The recruitment of Crameri is a strategic step to lay the foundation of a developing forwardline, based on a two-time club leading goal-kicker that is intended to remain for the next 6-8 seasons.

The recruitment of Crameri is a strategic step to lay the foundation of a developing forwardline, based on a two-time club leading goal-kicker that is intended to remain for the next 6-8 seasons.

You know this how? Perhaps we went after Crameri as he is a big body that can take the crash and bash while our younger forwards develop? We also plan to use him in the midfield and he adds one more player to the age bracket on our list we are lacking, particularly in that forward area.

But again, this thread isn't about Crameri nor any Dogs player (despite Essendon constantly bringing them up).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back