2024 Adelaide
B: Max Michalanney, Jordon Butts, Josh Worrell
HB: Brodie Smith, Mark Keane, Wayne Milera
C: Chayce Jones, Matt Crouch, Jake Soligo
HF: Luke Pedlar, Taylor Walker, Izak Rankine
F: Ben Keays, Darcy Fogarty, Josh Rachele
Foll: Reilly O'Brien, Jordan Dawson, Rory Laird
I/C: Mitch Hinge, Sam Berry, Lachlan Sholl, Lachlan Murphy, Ned McHenry

So the finer points of each team do not matter too much, but both teams were taken from predicted round 1 teams for the 2015 and 2024 seasons accounting for injuries.

Also ignore the fact that 2015 was a weird year for the bench and sub :p

So, if time travel suddenly existed and your 2015 suddenly appeared in the modern day and were going to play your 2024 team this weekend, which team do you think would win and how do you see the match going?
For the Crows, the circumstances were similar in terms of the previous year, not quite making the 8. In 2015, Phil Walsh took over the side and in 2024 Matthew Nicks heads in to his 5th year, having not made the finals.

2015 was the first season I took out a season ticket and Eddie Betts became a Crow and Tex was made captain.

You could tell straight away, Adelaide had become a more physical side under Walsh. The tackling and pressure was immediately noticeable and an upgrade on previous years.

It was essentially the beginning of our run to the 2017 Grand Final. Seniors Thompson, Van Berlo and Podsiadly would finish up prior to 2017, Dangerfield would deflect to Geelong, Wright, Lyons and Jaensch would move on.

There was the tragedy of Phil Walsh dying and the frustration to Crows fans of Dangerfield's contract being talked about every day until he inevitably told us he was leaving and taking the yellow jacket with him.

Similarly, 2024 is expected to be the season the Crows push to make Finals. With Nicks' contract extended and many of the Crows young guns locked away on extended contracts, there is a sense of stableness off field - something that couldn't be said of the Crows of 2015.

In terms of personnel, Smith, Walker, Laird, Sloane and I reckon Matt Crouch, were around circa 2015. We don't have a Talia in defence in 2024, although Murray returns from an ACL midway through this season, he was very good last year. The 2015 forward line became very good - Walker and Betts were all class. Mitch McGovern probably replaced Podsiadly some time around then. Add Thilthorpe to the Crows 2024 team, which he should be in the last half of the season, and it has potential to be as good, if not better, than the 2015 side. Jacobs was an outstanding ruck and skilful around the ground. O'Brien is more the lionhearted type. As good as Dawson is, he is no Dangerfield and Sloane isn't the player he was.

The 2015 team, taken over by Camporeale, beat the Western Bulldogs in an Elimination Final. I would be disappointed if the Crows 2024 didn't win at least one final.

Who would win in a contest between the two? Very hard to tell. Both are/were a work in progress. I'd pick 2015, based on the resilience they showed during that season, at this stage. Hopefully ask this question in 6 months time and 2024 gets the nod.

Last edited:
The 2015 team, taken over by Camporeale, beat the Western Bulldogs in a Preliminary Final. I would be disappointed if the Crows 2024 didn't win at least one final.

Elimination final

2015 Collingwood
B: Nathan Brown, Jack Frost, Alan Toovey
HB: Tom Langdon, Lachie Keeffe, Marley Williams
C: Travis Varcoe, Dane Swan, Clinton Young
HF: Jamie Elliott, Ben Reid, Steele Sidebottom
F: Tyson Goldsack, Travis Cloke, Jarryd Blair
R: Jarrod Witts, Scott Pendlebury, Levi Greenwood
I/C: Brodie Grundy, Taylor Adams, Alex Fasolo
Sub: Paul Seedsman
2024 Collingwood
B: Jeremy Howe, Billy Frampton, Isaac Quaynor
HB: Brayden Maynard, Darcy Moore, Jack Crisp
C: Steele Sidebottom, Jordan De Goey, Josh Daicos
HF: Lachie Schultz, Brody Mihocek, Pat Lipinski
F: Jamie Elliott, Mason Cox, Bobby Hill
Foll: Darcy Cameron, Nick Daicos, Scott Pendlebury
I/C: Tom Mitchell, Beau McCreery, Will Hoskin-Elliott, Fin Macrae, Oleg Markov

2024 gets this done. But geez I would love to have Travis Cloke in the 2024 side. Throw in Swanny too.

Poor old Tommy Langdon is another one that should still be playing, injuries cut his career extremely short.

2015 side is average as. Then again 2024 team still look like they're at the 2023 GF after party so may not fair that well regardless.

Jeez dunno - prelim finalists vs 17th place in 2023
Your are very lucky we are not comparing North Melbourne's 2007 side that made the preliminary final vs norths 2014-5 prelim final sides.

ferball , Chadwiko , Outtatym , that 2007 kangaroos side is the last time North legitimately made top 4 ladder wise at the end of the season and made a prelim

How many players are still with your club in 2024?

Only 3 for Saints- Webster, Membrey, Ross

Remove this Banner Ad

Back